Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 8 Great Dates for Moms and Daughters: How to Talk About True Beauty, Cool Fashion, and...Modesty! (Secret Keeper (Harvest House))
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 29, 2010
I have a 9 year old little girl and this was a great way to carve out special time together and get to know each other better. This book has all those things you want to say to your daughter--that she is beautiful beyond what the world calls beautiful, and she is worth more than the world tells her she is--and it is all in one place, ready to help you communicate it well to your daughter. This book also helped both of us strengthen our personal relationship with God. I HIGHLY recommend this book! I wish my mother had a resource like this when I was young!
on August 2, 2011
I started to use this book with my daughter and 4 other moms and daughters this summer in my church. The girls' age are from 9 to 11. We finished our second dates this Sunday. We had a lot of fun and laughter. Some moms commented that those dates has enabled them to have one to one time with their daughters and to have a chance to clarify some misunderstandings among them. Girls have requested more tea party with moms. The video clipping on Dove Evolution also has helped them understand how media has created unrealistic beauty standard. Also, moms also expressed that the book help them their own difficulties in body image. We are looking forward to other 6 dates.
on December 19, 2013
There are so many mothers that will just ignore this fragile part of their daughters life because their attention is elsewhere only half heartedly paying attention to her. :( This book shows what every girl deserves: love and preparation! And Attention!! This book is a must!
on January 28, 2014
I bought this book for my daughter, who's child is now 11 going on 25yrs old. When my daughters were preschool age I told myself "you only have until they are 16yrs old to instill all the values you want them to have in life. After that, the choices are all theirs".
When you are the Grandmother, and not as directly making these choices, you want to do anything you can to enable your children to raise their own children to have integrity and good relationships. I saw that this book has many great ideas similar to things that I did that worked with my girls. A helpful tool so that my daughter can plan her own mother /daughter adventures without me putting in my "two cents worth" verbally.
on October 7, 2011
I purchased this to read for my 13 year old. I love the lessons and talks about inner beauty, and teaching you are More. This is something we should be teaching our daughters in a world that teaches them outer beauty is everything. This book says for tweens and teens but depending on your daughter I really think this needs to start at the tween age. I still used it but had to tweek it a she was a little past most of this, and this would have been a bit corny for her. But it is a great book.
on October 18, 2014
Great ideas for moms of tweens. I totally disagree with reviewer who said the ideas in the book are expensive and not down to earth. The author gives options for low cost dates! The idea is to make each date special and memorable, making it a teaching moment as well - you can be creatively cost-conscious with each one. Great way to connect with daughters at such a crucial time in their lives.
on November 4, 2014
I'm in denial I think. I know my littles is growing up, but it's hard to think of her getting older. I still think of her as this cute, sassy, little toddler. Sadly those days are gone and we're right on the edge of preteen! Yikes! I'm so not ready for that. Any help in trying to combat the future battles she might face is something I'm always on the hunt for. I want to be prepared.

My littles still may not be in the age range of this book, but after reading it, it helped in getting a game plan ready for when she gets there. With today's constant bombardment of image and looks and products and just of things to change a girl from who she is to something else, it's a battle and a young impressionable mind is the battlefield. I remember when I was that age, it wasn't fun then, I can't imagine now with all of this technology. Self esteem is so important and keeping it positive and on God's designed path can be tricky.

Dannah Gresh broke down each section well and she kept everything right to the point. You don't want to swim in pages of overflowing info when wanting to talk to your kid. This was spot on. Not too little and not too much. With each section there is also activity pages. They were good in jumping into topics and guiding them where they need to go and they were wrapped up in scripture that fit with that particular section.

The activity ideas seemed like great ideas. Girl days are important, at least to me, they offer a little more fun in life and they don't have to be expensive. The ideas offered ranged from going to have a tea at a restaurant to giving facial at home. Each mommy/daughter date of course worked with that subject.

I enjoyed this book for all of the different ideas. I think it can be a very useful tool for moms and dads (who can be help with a couple of things that were mentioned). I will be hanging on to this for future reference.

Thank you to Harvest House, I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
on September 5, 2014
Perfect for ALL MOMS with daughters!!!!
Teaching girls to be young ladies, how to respect themselves and their bodies & great for relationship building!!!!
I would recommend this author to ANYONE, I have several of her books and they are wonderful for directing young girls' lives.
on May 24, 2013
I am not a mom, but a Jr High Sunday School Teacher. I was doing a "Beauty Within" Study with the girls and used one of the "date" ideas from the book. It was fun and a teachable moment that I hope the girls won't forget.
on August 20, 2014
I loved this book so...much I read through it in 2 days. It is easy to read and it is the BEST book out there for Moms to connect with their Daughters. This is a book every Mother should read at least once and act upon it!

Dannah Gresh, I will read your other books as well:)