5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice
Maya Angelou is a treasure in her own right and her philosophy concerning food and cooking is well done in this book. The main advice, which is simple enough, is: eat in small portions, sensibly. She does not worry so much about cutting fat and calories, but enjoy the food you have in a small portions, wait 20 minutes and you will probably fill full.
She gives...
Published on January 7, 2011 by wogan

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a "book" than "cookbook"
Published 21 months ago by C. Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, January 7, 2011
She gives recipes for dishes and then what can be prepared with the left overs, another bit of good advice to avoid wasting food and the leftover aversion that so many seem to have.

She gives stories throughout the book, so it is a cookbook to read, as well as to cook from. It contains recipes for , crown pork, prime rib, roasted chicken and 2 or 3 `leftover' recipes for each. There are also appetizers, a variety of meat based dinners, such as London Grill and Shepherd's Pie, some really different ideas for breakfast, some vegetarian dishes, soups, breads, salads and 2 desserts.
There are pictures for some dishes and most are relatively simple to make and serve and would please nearly all families and even friends and company in your home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 6, 2011
This cook book is amazing! We are a family of 6 with one income. The items in the book were inexpensive to purchase and the meals were great! It is not cheap to eat healthy but this book is great for budgets!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Food all Day Long, January 18, 2011
Really an enjoyable cookbook to read. I've already tried several of the recipes. One of the recipes, however, "Sweet Potato McMillian", called for a very expensive liquer, which I won't be cooking again!
Being single, I also have to halve the recipes. Seem that all were made for having dinner guest.
The personal antedotes are a great added touch.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a "book" than "cookbook", January 13, 2013
C. Ellis "sliders7" (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart (Hardcover)
I love Maya Angelou and I love to eat so when I saw this offering, I couldn't resist. I'm somewhat disappointed in that as a cookbook it should have a binding that enables it to fully open on the counter (not necessarily spiral-binding, as my old New York Times cookbook isn't spiral but opens fully). Also these are nice recipes but only a few of them have pictures of what the end results should look like. I enjoy her stories that go along with the recipes but I wish it was set up as a functional cookbook not a coffee table book with recipes in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 2, 2011
I've read it from cover to cover, selected quite a few recipes I'm anxious to try out and I like eating a little now and coming back in 2-3 hours for a little more, "great food, all day long"! Thank You, Maya Angelou!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maya Angelou's Cookbook, January 29, 2012
I probably have 200 cookbooks and this one ranks in my top 5, maybe even to 2! The stories are wonderful and the recipes are full of ingredients I'm not use to using with the outcome always dead on. A must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cook Book, June 28, 2013
If you want an alternative to the everyday meal, this cookbook will expand you cooking experiences. There is nothing to be afraid of, just follow the recipes and use the right ingredients and you will produce excellent dishes that will amaze even the best of cooks. So get into the kitchen, bang some pots and have fun while learning how to cook new cuisine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for digestion, February 28, 2012
This book is great for people who wants to eat light but yet fulfilling. The recipes are easy and the food required to prepare are easily found. Little or no time need for preparation.

The most important information is that the meals are healthy. Since most of us are trying to cut back on the heavy meals, why not give it a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of "great Food, all day long", By Maya Angelou., October 18, 2011
This book, was second hand, but in very good condition. Im enjoying dipping into it, and love it. I love everything written by Maya Angelou,what a great and inspiring lady! Thank you. Maia Russell.

3.0 out of 5 stars maya Angelou cookbook, June 9, 2014
M. Jackson (Bothell, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Although I loved her, God bless her soul. She has passed away, so I feel I have something to remember her by. Can't say I was inspired to cook anything though.

Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart
Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart by Maya Angelou (Hardcover - December 14, 2010)
Used & New from: $3.07