Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bridge Baron 23
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2013
This is a great program for practicing. It gives you hints on bidding and playing. However, it is not a good learning program - it leaves off much of the why. If you are beginner player, use another program to learn and then purchase this for tons of practice.
on March 21, 2013
Bridge Baron 23 is now a really good bridge game. Unlike Bridge Baron 14, It remembers my bidding conventions and it plays much smarter. In fact, when I give the machine time to "think" it beats me regularly, helping me to lift my game.
on June 1, 2013
My copy of Bridge Baron 23 lacks the option for upside-down count to declarer's leads, in contrast to previous versions. This was described as a design feature by the support team after three months of inquiry.

Baron also decided to stop leading fourth best versus NT contracts. Support has not yet acknowledged any of my several requests for assistance.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a product whose makers need to address serious issues with their testing, QA, and customer support.
on May 29, 2013
WBridge5, a free download, is a stronger program than Baron.

I can't speak to anyone looking for a teaching aid, but if you're looking for a useful computer opponent, WBridge5, with a superior interface, is a better play.
on October 16, 2013
I have been using Bridge Baron 16 for the past few years as I have been trying to learn this challenging game. But Bridge Baron 16 does not have many of the conventions that I have been taught to use. Therefore, I thought getting the latest version would be the ticket. Not so! First of all, the computer takes such an extremely long time to play. I tried to adjust the settings, but understood that the higher level of play I chose, the longer it took for the computer to play. I have gone back to using the old version.
Another problem I have had is that after I loaded the disc, I began having problems with my computer. Today after having to hire a technician to trouble shoot the computer, he traced the problems to the download of Bridge Baron 23. I definitely would not recommend that anyone purchase this item.
on October 2, 2013
Excellent - I play every day and learn more about bidding and playing the hands. You can set your own level of expertise and have options to play the hands, then see what "the Baron" does to compare. There are millions of random hands and I have just started to scratch the surface. Would recommend this to anyone.
on October 6, 2013
I am unable to customize this program to the specific conventions I use. The computer responses often don't make any sense. It bids 3NT all the time and often very inappropriately. Enough so that I the "hints" function has limited value for me. The best I can get out of it is practice playing hands and even that I am limited by computer inconsistencies. One of my favorite features is being able to play hands over and over again in the same or different contracts. This is where the practice value is for me. I wouldn't buy it again.
on July 23, 2013
Biggest objection- you cannot exit the program-it now stays on my screen and whatever I am doing on the computer is an overlay. As to playing Bridge- the hands average 8 High Card Points - limiting your bidding to defense bidding- not enjoyable playing at all.
on July 1, 2013
You must have a knowledge of bridge since this is not a learning tool; it is a practice tool. I like it.
on February 22, 2014
This program does not play bridge very well. None of them do. But the irritating feature that they put in the software was that it can only be installed twice, after that it won't install again. So if you put it on your computer and maybe your laptop and you upgrade one of these, you have to buy a new copy.