5.0 out of 5 stars Serving up action Dulcie style!!
Kiki's Rating: 5 stars

Published on November 9, 2011 by C. Hornback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as the Others
I've read the first two books in this series, and loved them. I couldn't wait till this book came out, but now I feel shorted. The book lacks the substance the others have. It felt forced, like maybe there was a deadline and not enough time. I'm not sure if I would buy another Ducie book.
Published on December 1, 2011 by HTJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Serving up action Dulcie style!!, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Great Hexpectations (Dulcie O'Neil Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Kiki's Rating: 5 stars

H.P. Mallory does it again delivering another home run with Great Hexpectations. This very entertaining story ran me thru the gambit of emotions and left me wondering how in the world does she keep coming up with this stuff. This time around I was excited because I felt as if H.P. was reading my mind and finally gave me exactly what I wanted from the Dulcie series. Then she threw in this giant wrech and one whopper of a cliffhanger that left me picking my jaw up off the floor.

In this 3rd installment of the Dulcie O'Neil series, Knight, our favorite hunky Loki, has poured on all the charm and proves to Dulcie that she needs to stop thninking with her head and start trusting her heart. As we all know, this does not come easily for Dulcie and she brings all kinds of drama along with her decision, but she agrees to give Knight a chance. This time her leap of faith comes with a mighty big cloud overshadowing the new couple because we finally find out the reason behind Knight's "green eyes", and boy does that have some strings attached. But Dulcie dives into the relationship in true Dulcie style, head strong!

The giant wrench comes in the form of the Underworld Courts who are nun too happy that Knight decided to skip out on his court hearing. Of course we know it was for a good reason, but they don't seem to care. So they pop in at the most inopportune time and arrest Knight. This frightens Dulcie because she knows that Knight is willing to sacrafice himself in order to save her from any harm, even take the punishment for her crime. So she does what anyone of us would do, she grabs herself a vampire and marches down under.

The remainder of the book takes us on a ride to what I feel ar the two most pivotal points in the book. The first point, which by the way is my favorite moment in the book, is when Dulcie and Knight are in the prison cell together for what they feel will be the last time. Dulcie lets out the big "L" bomb and tells Knight she loves him. Knight then promptly tells her that she has to leave him and move on with her life even though he will love her always. Who could do that? Thank goodness Dulcie had no intention of keeping that promise, but at what cost? At this point Dulice is willing to risk it all to keep Knight in her life, even make a deal with the Devil. That's where pivotal point two comes into play, the cliffhanger. I refuse to tell any details about the ending, but will leave you with this: "Who's your daddy?"

Happy Reading!!

~Kiki

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot...fun...and strangely believable!, November 2, 2011
Hot...fun...and strangely believable! Yes I know it's all make believe and is jam packed full of vamps, fairly and cyclops... but H.P's writing has come on in leaps and bounds. There's a lovely, much more developed level of sophistication in her writing, especially with character development, interactions and drama. The whole book is much 'tighter', making H.P's writing extremely enjoyable.

I thoroughly enjoyed 'Great Hexpectations'; it may even be my favourite of H.P's books to date?! It had a 'bit of everything' that I love: twists, suspense, humour, not forgetting the steaminess - did I mention how hot Knight and Dulcie are together ;-)
I wasn't disappointed with the cliff-hanger; rather I was relieved as it it sets up Dulcie for the next installment.

Congratulations H.P! I think you've outdone yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as AMAZING as her last two books in this series!, October 30, 2011
The third book in the Dulcie O'Neil series is just as amazing as her last two books in this series, if you liked the last two you'll adore this one. It seemed a bit shorter to me, but maybe that's because I anxiously read till I was finished.

To give you a bit of the plot line without giving too much away it starts out with Dulcie and Knight going on a date, a date where Knight invited Dia the Diva, Sam (her best friend) and Trey (the goblin who she used to work with at the ANC). Basically, Knight sacrificed his date with her because he was being sweet and felt like Dulcie deserved a night out on the town with friends with all the stuff she's been going through lately.

Dulcie decides to give Knight a chance on the whole relationship thing and its pretty sweet but an encounter with Jack (her ex) leaves them not speaking to each other. A few days later Sam calls her on Monday and asks if she knows where Knight is because he's missing! Needless to say, Dulcie discovers that Knight has been taken to the Netherworld for failing to apprehend Quillan. Of course Dulcie cares about him and she decides to go after him, thinking if she admits it was her fault then they'll have to release Knight and keep her instead right?!

Dulcie experiences the Netherworld for the first time, and let's just say its not an experience she'd care to repeat. The Netherworld is alike in the aspect that they have the ANC and creatures of all sorts there but what Dulcie doesn't count on is being extremely attractive to all the citizens out there because Fairies are so rare. Dulcie made a deal with Bram to go with her and Bram comes up with the "conditions" she has to abide by if she wants his help. I was pretty shocked at the conditions, just like Dulcie was I imagine. Brams there as her Guardian and protector since Dulcie has never been there before and she'd get eaten alive on her own.

As I was reading, I felt like someone was going to betray her and I was just waiting for the finger to point to that person...but the betrayal only comes near the end and its NOT like anything you'd ever imagined. Pay close attention to the plotline when she enters the Netherworld and what she's thinking about and you might hazard a guess at it, but I doubt it.

Great Hexpectations is an intriguing, heart in your throat, enticing read that will leave you screaming at your kindle when you're done going "WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE?!"

If you haven't read this series before, this is the 3rd book in the Dulcie O'Neil Series. Below you can find links to book 1 and 2 in the Dulcie O'Neil series.

To Kill A Warlock, an Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance (Dulcie O'Neil Series, Book #1)
A Tale of Two Goblins, A Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy (Dulcie O'Neil Series, Book # 2)

This is a wonderful, thrilling, Paranormal Urban Fantasy that will leave you hanging on the edge of the seat, chanting " Book 4, Book 4, Book 4, PLEASE!!!!"

5 STARS: Reviewed by Paranormal Addicts

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, November 7, 2011
Best Book in the series!! I loved it. I read it in one sitting, just could not put it down!!From the first page until the last I was hooked!

This book had it all, there was non stop action, some sexy scenes (FINALLY), fun new twists in the paranormal world and a story that kept you glued to the pages the entire way through. Dulcie showed us how kick ass she can be, Knight showed us what an awesome and sweet guy he is and H.P showed us what an amazing author she is by creating such a fantastic world!

Dulcie travels to the Netherworld to save Knight from situation that is entirely her fault.Knights life is on the line but by going there she has now put herself in as much danger. Once in the Netherworld things are not what they appear and Dulcie gets many many surprises from creatures, herself and her true feelings to a name a few.

All of H.P Mallory books are awesome, so if you haven't do yourself a favor and go pick them up!

see more reviews @ [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book!!!, August 18, 2012
This book had my heart in my throat the whole time! I could not put this book down because I HAD to know what was doing to happen on the next page! The end of this book was no exception to the rest of the book! Lucky for me I had the fourth book already downloaded and I could jump head first into it! There would have been no way i could have lasted. This book was in a word, exceptional!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed, August 14, 2012
Another great book in the Dulcie series!!! I loved the story line and her trip to the Underworld was unforgettable. I actually found myself laughing out loud at the uniqueness of Dulcie and the situations that she gets herself into. I can't wait to see how the story continues in the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hexpectations, August 14, 2012
What can i say the title says it all! I cannot put down these books!!! I became a instant fan of H.P Mallory since i read her first Jolie Wilkins book!!! Now i have found yet another series she has written that i can't get enough of!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars As amazing as the first 2 books, August 14, 2012
I just love this series. Funny and exciting. H.P. Mallory does a great job of bringing you into Dulcie's world. Enjoy your time reading the book and look forward to the next.

Great Hexpectations, A Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy (Dulcie O'Neil series, Book # 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 13, 2012
H.P. Mallory is a very talented author. Her characters and their lives come alive on the page. She has such a wonderful way with words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, August 8, 2012
I couldn't put her books down! I absolutely loved them all!!!! I have now read both series and can't wait for more!

Rate and Discover Movies