Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Great Jobs for Everyone 50+: Finding Work That Keeps You Happy and Healthy ... And Pays the Bills
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2013
The mention of many websites as reference is much appreciated. I wish there was more advise for those who want a mid level job. Something with mid salary expectations would be appreciated especially for those of us who want to make money to pad retirement without having to flip burgers or sit in a boardroom. More ideas that do not entail going back for extensive college, being a professional or starting a business. I found the book to be focused on executives, professionals, small business and volunteerism---all good things but not for a large segment of 50+ empty-nester women. Those of us who have focused on raising our families and not high powered jobs may find this read wanting.
on November 7, 2012
It is not easy facing unemployment at any age -- but when things get tilted away from experience as being "too costly" - the anxious factor can get ratcheted up a few levels. This book published by AARP is simple to read and offers advice and strategies for those finding themselves over 50 - without work and mounting bills to pay. I particularly found the sections and comments on keeping fit and healthy important and helpful. If you intend to jump back and compete with a workforce that is 20 years younger in any capacity staying fit and healthy is critical. I also found the "Be Your Own Boss" chapter presented in a realistic manner - no "sales pitch style"!
on October 10, 2012
This book is rich with information - the author has explored and explained the how & where to find jobs. I sense her voice is authentic and each sentence is loaded with her experience and research. I like the listings of the great jobs and their pluses and minuses, especially the librarian's!
on February 27, 2013
If you are over 50 and exploring new directions and think this will give you an enlightened approach . . . don't waste your money. If you are ready to retire and look at jobs at Wal Mart or the local library . . . yeah . . . it has some minimum wage suggestions.

Better reading is Quitter by Jon Acuff.
on December 14, 2012
This is a great compendium for over 50 job seekers and those looking for a career change late in life. The book covers the entire spectrum of what you need to know and what is available in the market place for those exploring new options and transferring their old careers. Would highly recommend this for anyone in transisition.
on January 4, 2013
I'm a 50+ male, looking to start my next career, and was told about this book. It has definitely pointed me to sources of information and help that I did not know existed, or never really considered.
on June 3, 2014
On the strength of the authoring company, AARP, I had some great expectations for this book and therefore bought it to read on my summer vacation at the lake. It was mostly a waste of time and money. The "great" in the title is my basic issue with this book, as many of the jobs it describes hardly rise to that level. IIRC, some of these wonderful opportunities include: Walmart Greeter; Rural Paper Delivery; Barista; and various volunteer opportunities such as Meals-on-Wheels. Maybe it is just me but virtually all of the jobs included in this book had already occurred to me (I'm a working professional, 57 years old in 2014) and I had a general sense of the nature of work out there. Nothing really new here for me, and none of the listings broke new ground for me either.
on November 13, 2012
There's a new market for those over 55; and this book gives a lot of suggestions for those over 55 and looking for a second career (and one to enjoy, not just for the money) It made me think outside the box for job hunting. Thank you! Great resources!
on March 31, 2013
This book makes for good reading and it was delivered on time. However, being a member of AARP most of the material I was already familiar with as that same information is on their website. It did give me some other ideas and sites to follow through on so I am glad that I purchased it and would recommend it.
on June 17, 2013
Useful and enlightening information offering up to the date resources for pursuit of after retirement career. Gives insight into careers or jobs I had not considered. I recommend this book to all considering returning to the work force after retirement.