5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good - Update: Still so far so good!
I use very tiny popcorn, the dark red healthy kind. This popper pops almost every kernel, and doesn't blow too many out early. Recommended.

UPDATE: 7 months later, and it still works great. Plus, I've begun to overload it so I can get bigger batches of popcorn out of it.

Published on August 20, 2012 by Steve Loves Amazon

2.0 out of 5 stars No on/off switch
I would have given this popper 5 stars. However, it has no on/off switch. So, the only way to turn it on and off is to yank the cord out of the socket and doing so trips the breaker in our GFI outlet. I mean, really? No on/off switch? Other than that is works great.
Published 20 months ago by Stephan H.Mollmann

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good - Update: Still so far so good!, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)

I just brought popcorn to a movie night at the university yesterday and it was a big hit. I don't just put butter on, I use:

Olive oil
Butter
Macadamia nut oil
Walnut oil

I also like to sprinkle on cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, and sometimes hot Indian pepper powder! Makes a great and healthy snack. Note that the oils are extra virgin and unheated, since the popper air pops the popcorn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works first time great!, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
I bought 2 each, Popcorn Poppers, of the Hot Air variety in the $20.00 price range in the past month.

both begain smoking and "burnt up" the very first time I put Popcorn in them. No kidding!

So this time I got serious, forgetting the big box stores and their cheap products.

I took a chance on the Great Northern model, paid the shipping and ....Guess What? It works great, flawlessly.

The popcorn is better than any I have ever tasted.

Also, I would like to share my experience with Popcorn Brands.

(A) Orville Redenbacher "gourmet" has a stale odor, right out of the jar.

(B) The "lower end" brands including Jolly Time and the "Great Value" brand from Walmart, both smell nice right out of the jar, and pop better.

I always heat up a little corn oil and add a little butter to it to pour on my popcorn. Then I salt it.

It's a great food!

2.0 out of 5 stars No on/off switch, December 16, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Have some common sense, Please, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
I initially purchased without reading reviews & just wanted a cheap popcorn popper. Thankfully I didnt, because the only reason these people had buckled plastic tops is because they left the cover attached after the task of popping had completed. OF COURSE IT WARPED, the machine heats up so much it sets off my smoke detector which needs new batteries. THE MACHINE GETS HOT. If it didnt, you wouldnt have popcorn, duh.

So for the love of all things holy: this is a fab popper if you use common sense & remove the plastic cover after you make some popcorn, dump out the 4 unpopped kernels & leftover bits, you wont have any problems. I've used it every night for 2 weeks with no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste O'money, May 26, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
The dang thing crapped out on the 4th use! Ain't nobody got time for that!! Just not worth the time & effort to return it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Air Popper review, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
It pops great tasting popcorn. It's fun to watch it at work. I'm thinking about going into the kitchen and popping
some corn right now. Thanks for reminding me. I would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice popper, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
It pops like a pop corn popper should. The first thing I noticed about it is the plastic for the cup and chute,is much thicker than our last popper. I thought about sending it back after reading some of these reviews, but I really have no complaints.

3.0 out of 5 stars Isn't it interesting that..., November 15, 2012
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
Isn't it interesting that most of the reviews were posted on July 24th or 25th? I think someone was fishing for reviews and sent out a link. I don't trust it.

1.0 out of 5 stars used it 5 times, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
I used this thing 5 times and it died. I don't think it's worth the plastic it's made of!
Jerry

1.0 out of 5 stars Literally blew up the first time we plugged it in., December 29, 2012
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White (Kitchen)
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my popcorn addicted in laws. They were thrilled when they opened it, and tried it out the next day. Upon plugging it in, the whole thing began to smoke and pop and as they said "looked like it was about to catch on fire." Returned it the next day. Not sure if it's the product or the seller (I will be leaving him a review also) but I have a sneaking suspicion this was a refurbished product.

**Side note: I also agree with the other user who noticed that several 5 star reviews were written at the exact same time. Shady. Pick another brand.

Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, White