5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, Works Great
Published 11 months ago by Goldwave

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt popcorn!!!!
Published 7 months ago by Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, Works Great, September 30, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
I didn't find any reviews for this prior to ordering it; and other brands of similar poppers seemed to have some complaints about them burning out rapidly, so I was a little worried that the design itself might simply be problematic. However, this is made by the company that makes the big industrial poppers for theatres etc., so I figured their little poppers might be well built too. It seems sturdy and well designed. The base, as you can see from the photo, has a flare, which helps to stabilize the unit. It has a nice, broad chute design with a well fitting measuring/butter cup. We've used it a few times and it works perfectly. It blows all of the popped corn neatly into a bowl placed under the chute, with no kernels flying off, and it pops really virtually every single kernel (like, 1 or 2 might remain in the unit). The popped corn is light, airy, fluffy, crispy, and not burnt, and there is no burnt odor or similar problem from the unit. And it works very quickly, much faster than a microwave. So we are quite happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Popper!, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
Measured 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn, put the measuring lid back in place and plugged in the machine. I stood off to the side to make sure no unpopped corn did not land on me. Only one kernel popped out that didn't land in the bowl. And that little guy was the only one that did not pop! I ended up with a HUGE bowl of popcorn so be sure to use the biggest bowl you've got unless you use less than 1/2 cup. If you buy the reliable Orville popcorn, 1/4 to 1/3 cup is plenty for one person. If you're starving, measure out the entire 1/2 cup and pig out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
So inexpensive, yet works great...pops kernels quickly and doesn't leave many kernels behind. :-). I highly recommend this popcorn popper--great value

4.0 out of 5 stars Great popper for the price, November 13, 2013
Dionysia (Montclair, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
Great little hot air popper! Popcorn is tasty and so light. One thing I don't like is that it has no on/off switch so you just simply plug in and pull the plug when it's done, seeing that disconcerting little arc inside the switch. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Easy to Use, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
Nice popper. I've never used an air popper before. My experience with this one has been all positive. It's easy to use. It's quick. There aren't many unpopped kernals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great popper!, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
The popper arrived EARLY! Love that! It works wonderfully, just as advertised. I've had it for a week now and have used it almost daily. It makes lots of fresh and hot air popcorn in just a few minutes. I highly recommend this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt popcorn!!!!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
I was so excited to get my popcorn popper for Christmas... my 5 kids LOVE popcorn!!!! After following the directions and putting popcorn in, my kitchen was filled with smoke within a couple of minutes!!! I even went and bought new popcorn, thinking I might have bought a bad bag and it burnt as well!!! We got a dud! Very disappointed!!! Want to send it back but I can't find a phone number anywhere to call!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
This is my first foray into air popped vs. pan popped. I love it! I ordered this to replace the 5$ one I got at a thrift store as a test model, and this one is massively better. Way less unpopped kernels flying about. If I had one complaint it would be that they need to make the butter melting dish deeper to get closer to the hot air (and hold more butter). You have to put the butter in and start the machine before adding the popcorn or it doesn't melt by the time the popping action is done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable Company, January 30, 2014
Leslie Adamson (Woodstock, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
We got our Popcorn popper for Christmas this past year (2013). We used it on average 4-5x per week. The popcorn always came out great with only 5-6 unpopped kernels, but just last week the blower burned out and the kernels got burned. I contacted the company who sold it through Amazon.com (Tommy Discount) over the phone and because there is a one year warranty they shipped me a new one without question. So I would rank the popper machine as 3 stars but Tommy Discount's customer service definitely gets 5 stars!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!! Broke after 5 uses, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow (Kitchen)
After writing a great review I went to make another batch of popcorn and after a few minutes the whole thing went dead, after letting it rest I tried it again and it still didn't work. I purchased this as a christmas gift and have bee nothing but disappointed. I looked diligently for a product with great reviews that worked well and I thought this would be a great one but I was wrong. Still have not received a response from their customer service department. Waste of time and money!

Great Northern Popcorn Hot Air Popper, Yellow