5.0 out of 5 stars Great Popcorn!
This popcorn is wonderful - it pops up nice and fluffy in our air popper, tastes delicious, and my family loves it. I also use my Nutrimill to grind it for making cornbread - it's the best cornbread we've ever had. I think it's a great deal when priced below $9 - the benefits of organic popcorn are certainly worth the cost.
Published on August 22, 2011 by R. Mora

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I got a bad batch?
Published on April 28, 2012 by Catherine L. Anderson

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I got a bad batch?, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Great Northern Popcorn Organic Premium Popcorn, 5 Pound (Grocery)
I'm a popcorn conoisseuer, there's few things I love more. And due to health issues I've decided to stick with organic popcorn after doing some research on what things are essential to buy organic and popcorn is one of them. As far as the batch I received of Great Northern Organic popcorn, many of the kernels were very hard to chew, but worse than that, there was a funny taste to several of the bites of each batch I've popped. I can only describe it as a distinctly moldy taste and the bites that didn't have it tasted sort of dirty. I don't know how else to describe it. I've never had worse tasting popcorn in my life! Reading other reviews shows me not everyone is having these problems so perhaps I just got a very bad batch? I will be trying other brands from now on as I continue my quest for organic popcorn perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Popcorn!, August 22, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy Order, September 26, 2013
This bag came with little beetle-like bugs in the popcorn... bleck. They look like this: http://i.imgur.com/STNBplB.jpg Lot number 105054, if you want to check yours. I have yet to contact the manufacturer, but Amazon refunded me in full, which is the good news! Seems like I'm the first person to have this problem with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Organic is the way to go!, January 14, 2012
Katherine (Vancouver, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
After reading about Monsanto and all the GM products (genetically modified to resist the pesticide Roundup), I am happy to find Organic (non-GM) popcorn from Amazon. I received it promptly and gave it to my son for Christmas with an Air popper I also purchased from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black bugs, October 13, 2013
I went to open the sealed bag today and found black bugs crawling all in it. Five pounds of kernels went into the trash. I am extremely disappointed. And grossed out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud city!, December 6, 2012
Got a new popcorn popper from Amazon and ordered what I thought would be some wonderful popcorn to use in it. NOT! At first I thought it was the popper, but I tried using a regular dutch oven as I used to for popping the Great Northern popcorn. This popcorn produces about 30% duds (kernels that never pop). I purchased some regular ol' Jolly Time at the grocery store and it popped in my new popper with only 2 or 3 duds per batch. So it's definitely the Great Northern Organic popcorn that's the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this popcorn! You have to try it, June 16, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful this popcorn is. We just purchased a popcorn machine from Tommy's Discount and the Great Northern Organic Popcorn was amazing, the kids really enjoyed it. Try it, you will love it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointed, January 9, 2012
I recently bought an air popper for my kids and I to enjoy healthy popcorn together. First of all, this 5 pound bad will last FOREVER if you're just using it for you and your family. So it is a good bargain if you eat a lot of popcorn. But the popped corn itself was lacking in taste. Difficult to chew and "cardboard-y". Love that it's organic. Love that it's a HUGE bag. Don't love the taste.

1.0 out of 5 stars Popcorn bag had live Weevils in it, October 24, 2013
When I started to pop the popcorn in my air popper I noticed little black pieces at the bottom of the bowl. At first I thought they were flakes of corn that had been crisped in the popper. Then I looked closer and saw they were actually bugs! Then I looked in the bag and there were live bugs crawling around in the bag. Unfortunately, I had already ordered another one which had just arrived, so I inspected the unopened bag closely, and sure enough there were live bugs crawling around inside the bag. I looked them up and they are weevils. I immediately checked to make sure I didn't have an infestation now in my cupboards, and hoped I hadn't eaten any weevils already since this was my third bag in three months. Wow! What kind of quality control is going on with Amazon food products? I will never buy popcorn again from Amazon, that is for sure, and maybe not any food products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not "premium" caliber, but tasty and inexpensive, July 30, 2012
Rich H. (Warren, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Good: Pops just right - not small/chewy like store-brand popcorn, and not huge and dry like the super-premium stuff. Good price per pound, and this 5-lb bag is just the right size - most of Amazon's bulk offerings are 10-20 lbs which, unless you're mass-popping for an event, guarantees that the last few pounds will be stale.

Bad: Large portion of unpopped kernels; expect 10-15% duds unless you want to risk burning the entire batch. By comparison, Orville Redenbacher leaves under 5% in this same popper.

Bottom line: If the "organic" part is important to you, this is the brand to buy. If not it's still worthwhile; not quite in the Orville R. stratosphere, but it's good and tasty and costs a LOT less.

Tested with a Presto Power-Pop with fresh disc, in a 1250 watt GE microwave.

Great Northern Popcorn Organic Premium Popcorn, 5 Pound