From the Back Cover
Expert guidance to writing the all-important personal statement that will get you accepted by your first-choice law school
Your grades are nearly perfect and your LSAT scores are stellar--but that's not enough to get into a top law school. You have to stand out from a crowd of super-achievers, and the best way to do that is with a great personal statement.
Great Personal Statements for Law School is the only book to take the personal essay apart, piece by piece, and show you how to put it all together--from rough draft to finished product--with maximum effect. Written by expert Paul Bodine, the nationally known consultant who has helped thousands gain admission to elite schools, this guide will make it easy to ace your personal statement with:
- Six "data-mining" techniques for brainstorming raw material
- An effective system for moving from outline to writing, revising, and editing
- Detailed strategies for answering the most common essay topics
- More than 25 actual essays by successful applicants to top schools like the University of Chicago, Georgetown, and Cornell
- Expert tips for customizing essays to particular schools, waging a guerrilla wait-list campaign, and submitting "value-added" dean's letters
Writing the personal statement can be daunting.... Mr. Bodine's book is an excellent resource."--Derek E. Meeker, Associate Dean, Admissions and Financial Aid, University of Pennsylvania Law School
Great Personal Statements for Law School presents a practical approach to applying to law schools and "crafting" winning personal statements!"--Lynell A. Cadray, Assistant Dean/Dean of Admission, Emory University School of Law
About the Author
Paul Bodine is the Senior Editor at Accepted.com, one of the oldest and most successful online admissions consulting services. His clients have consistently earned admission to such elite law schools as Harvard, NYU, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Cornell, Georgetown, and Vanderbilt.