Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2010 9:23:26 AM PDT
Joseph Jenks says:
IGN gave it a 9/10

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 5:02:17 PM PDT
Rico Penguin says:
I just don't see how. I haven't played a game this subpar since Naughty Bear.

Is there a cheat code that unlocks all this content people are talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2010 10:17:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 10:21:43 AM PDT
I agree. This does not deserve a 9 out of 10. The graphics should be better for a Wii game, and I would've preferred that they didn't change the game so much from the original. The maps kinda suck. I give it about a 7. Decent, but nothing great. I'd rather have the original N64 game with the same maps and characters, but with a graphical upgrade... I remember hearing that it was being worked on for the xbox live arcade, but they couldn't get the rights to release it. Would have probably been a much more fun experience than this Wii version.

Ah well, looks like I'll go back to the xbox live arcade version of Perfect Dark if I want something similiar to the N64 golden eye game.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 10:46:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 10:48:41 AM PDT
H. Jones Jr says:
IGN also gave 007 Bloodstone a 5.0, which to me says a game is broken, since IGN generally scores from 6-10, but having played Bloodstone, that game is easily a solid 8 imo. IGN has lost it, I'm done reading their reviews. I'll probably get Goldeneye eventually though for nostalgia and the ability to not be *forced* to use the Wiimote.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2010 11:25:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 11:57:52 AM PDT
Rent it or borrow it first... or buy it at $20 or less. It's not worth $50.

IGN has definitely lost their marbles by giving this Wii version of Goldeneye a 9.

Heck, Quantum of Solace on the xbox 360 is more fun than this and it's only $10.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 3:50:41 PM PDT
S. Roeland says:
I think this game is deserving of a 9.0. Especially considering that the Wii lacks serious shooters like this, and the online multiplayer component adds plenty of value. Sure, a lot of the score is due to the nostalgia factor, but it's a solid game that surpasses anything in the genre that is available on the Wii today.

Plus, IGN isn't the only outlet to think highly of GoldenEye. According to Metacritic:

- Game Chronicles: 92
- Gaming Nexus: 91
- Cheat Code Central: 90
- Game Trailers: 86
- Nintendo World Report: 85
- 1UP: 83
- Joystiq: 80
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
James Bond 007: GoldenEye - Nintendo Wii
James Bond 007: GoldenEye - Nintendo Wii by Activision Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
4.0 out of 5 stars (277)