Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Great Taste No Pain! Manuals
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on March 11, 2013
I went from bad to worse over a two-week time with what my doctor and I are still not sure of whether it was a bad reflux attack/reaction or something else (I'm still going through tests as I type this). All I know is that I couldn't swallow -- food and barely some liquids. I would have to drink about a half a glass of water with each mouthful of whatever I could muster to get the food down and not wind up in an emergency room.

In a random conversation with a coworker, I found out his wife had reflux issues and found these manuals and now follows them religiously. I had some other books, but nothing special about them -- just what not to eat. I figured I had nothing to lose with this -- you could eat anything, just combine them well.

Upon getting the book, I realized very quickly that if the author was correct, not only had I been mis-combining a lot, but what I had eaten near the start of the two weeks was probably about the worst combo of food ever!

I followed the 4-day starter plan in her manual about as strictly as I could based on what I could swallow. By the morning of day three, not only did I make the pancakes but I enjoyed them; I could swallow better! After about day 5, I purposely mis-combined and felt the difference. My doctor and I are still trying to figure this thing out, and this may have been a coincidence that I got better but who knows. At the very very least, this book has gotten me to eat healthier. I'm still on my meds but I hope if I stick this out for a couple of months, maybe a future without meds or, more important, swallowing issues, is in store for me!

***NOTE: not sure why the inflated price: I purchased the books for $39.99 (included the manuals AND the cookbook, plus S&H) from author's site. And that was just a few weeks ago.
on August 19, 2010
The information and recipes in the books are very good. Just be careful when buying some of the recommended foods. i.e. swordfish and orange roughy, both very high in mercury. The over use of soy products is not good either. Get organic fruits and vegetables if possible because of all the pesticides on store bought fruit and vegetables. If that's not possible then make sure you wash the fruit and vegetables very well. Now for the price: through the authors website(nl@greattastenopain.com) the product sells for $39.97 plus about $8 shipping.
on July 17, 2011
Great Taste No Pain, a food program that I started about a month ago before purchasing the book manuals, a plan that I will stay on for the rest of my life. If anyone is having stomach problems, please try this plan, it worked for me and it will work for you too.
on December 26, 2011
This program is so easy to follow, gives great background info as to "how" it works, and lives up to all it's claims.
on March 20, 2012
I am reading this book as well as doing the pain-free eating principles. I can truly say that this is a great way of eating with no pain.
on June 11, 2012
Great Taste, No Pain by Sherry Brescia is a book that everyone should read. Anyone suffering from acid reflux, gerd, etc can benefit from this book. Too many people take antacid pills, which are not good for you in the long run and can make your problems worse. Learning how to eat properly can end your problems. She also makes it easy to understand how the program works by listing the acidic and alkaline foods. From what I am have personally researched, by keeping your body in an alkaline state, you will avoid issues such as arthritis, cancer, heart problems, etc. It's worth a try!!
on November 29, 2012
I tried Sherry Brescia's plan after years of digestive problems, and taking two proton pump inhibitors every day (for acid reflux) and still having problems. Waking at night in pain - dashes to the bathroom etc. From Day 1 there was an almost complete improvement, and by the end of a week- all problems resolved and no more pills at all. I have been pain and problem free for over a year, and take no medications at all. The plan makes total sense, is easy to follow, and even though I am lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive- still no problems. Please try it- and follow it carefully- it soon becomes a habit. I am delighted to give the program 5 stars.
on June 20, 2013
Do not pay these exuberant prices here on Amazon! The author sells this for $39.95 on her site! This plan works. Period. For those suffering from acid reflux and heartburn like me, this book pays for itself in the first week in terms of making you feel better. Get it, but don't buy it from Amazon!
on January 8, 2013
My husband has suffered for many years with acid reflux and heartburn. This is a very informative book, and IT WORKS!! He pays if he doesn't follow this plan. Wish we had figured this out years ago!!
on March 29, 2014
There are some useful recipes in this book - though very USA-based. But if according to Brescia's advice you eat certain vegetables (brassica and bean family especially - lentils are deadly) along with meat, fish etc and nothing else you are on the fast track to the Emergency Room. Rice, pasta, potatoes are good for you. High residue foods (veg & nuts & grains) should be eaten in small quantities - not at all, when you have a flare-up. Diverticulitis is not the same as Crohn's disease, colitis or IBS and has its own dietary rules. But - there are some handy hints for easily digestible meals here.