Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2013 9:10:23 PM PST
I played the beta for about 4 hours this morning before i went to work and got to say, the beta was great. Obviously. Just read the title. It took a moment to catch somethings, good and bad, and other things I found amazing right off the bat.

The stuff I found amazing right off the bat was the graphics. Damn this game is an eye catcher. The shadows, outlines of enemies while they are in camouflaged, the environment, the guns, pretty much everything looks great. The visuals are awesome. Also, another thing I noticed was the loadouts. Once I hit lvl 5, I got to play with the simple loadout system. Pick your gun, your nade, some perks, name the class, and all the fun jolly. The loadout system in the beta actually reminded me a little bit of BF3. Annoying with the iron sights, but get the reflex dot and your on your marry way. I mean how hard is it to get 10 kills?? -_-.

The stuff that took me awhile to be excited about was how well the guns in the game are. Finally, a game that doesn't have the BS shotgun thats automatic and can kill you from a football away. THANK YOU! Finally a game where 360 no scopes cease to exsist. Seriously its not talent, your not pro, you have good timing. Go make a montage of you no scoping in call of duty and try to brag that your pro... Any who, the guns are well rounded. SMGs actually loose their punch and accuracy from distance, shotguns are dangerous up close but carry your pistol unless your jumping into battle, snipers are deadly from afar and your pistol is again your best friend, and finally the assault rifle is actually looses at close range against an SMG but is dominant from medium to far distance. The Bow is available in the beta and it is mean. Literally unstoppable at medium and long distances, but kiss strafing or quick movement goodbye.

There is 2 different game modes and 2 different multiplayer maps in the beta. Both maps are small and I hope that there are larger maps in the real game our its going to fall under the COD bs. 1 game mode is kinda like king of the hill meets arming a bomb. Its where your team goes for this drop pod and holds it or dies trying too and after about 30 seconds, the drop pod blows up. It can kill you because I had to find out just to make sure it wasn't just a pretty explosion. ITS NOT. Heard that term, Cool guys don't look at explosions? Yea same scenario. The game tells you the drop pod is about to explode then it does in a couple seconds.
The other game mode is just like living dead or flood from halo. It starts off with a neat little video of you and your pals flying and the airplane gets hit, the rebel that wanted to sit in the back and act cool and didn't wear his seatbelt, flies out(I'm laughing cause it looks kinda funny) and he becomes a HUNTER. Game goes like this. 1 person is the HUNTER and the rest are the marines. marines cry that they hear something or something is right behind them the whole time. The hunter kills 1 marine, the marine becomes a HUNTER. So now its 2 hunters vs the marines. So on and so forth.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 6:24:53 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
For a Beta it was great, but it still isn't flawless gameplay. The melee is still a joke, one punch kills is rediculous, what's the need for weapons in close combat ? It drives me mad truly. Such a fun fast paced many options to attack but the melee is just a big flaw in the game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Crysis 3 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crysis 3 - Xbox 360
Crysis 3 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (311)