Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2010 4:14:31 PM PST
John Bockino says:
I LOVED The Singing! But there were a few things i was disappointed in..

1. I wanted more romance between Cadvan and Maerad!! I know that in the end they kissed but i wanted a little more hehe. also it saddened me that in the afterward (not epiologue, after that) it said they never married nor had kids. in my mind though i like to think they did.

2. also what bothered me was maerad's struggle with the dark. let me explain though. i felt at times in the book i couldn't relate to her as i could in the previous ones. i don't know, it is hard to explain, but in this one i just felt as if her character was much different

3. lastly i wanted more of a battle in the end! yes i did cry and i loved it but i expected a huge battle and a dramatic ending you know?

but i loved the book. i have been depressed knowing there is no more books :/ i just hope there is a movie! anyone else feel the same as me? and may the Light shine on us all ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2010 11:12:39 AM PDT
on point, #1, i really do! i HATE the afterward! for one thing, it was such a bubble burster... for another, it just doesn't make sense! they would have been married before they left Innail! she just starts contradicting every thing she had previously said! Cadvan & Meared say they won't be parted - they are by there own choosing. Hem is going to study with Nelek - he doesn't. PLUS, in the first book, it said that Cadvan was the youngest of his siblings, then in the afterward of the last book, she said he was the oldest!

PS: i think they also rebuilt Pellinor together, & Hem helped. (& they had a son & a daughter) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 3:25:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 16, 2011 3:05:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2011 3:04:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2011 5:30:08 PM PDT
I too hate the appendix, as I said before I am making plans on binding the appendix out and adding a story of what happened afterward. I think it is the best book ever anyway, obviously to my friends whom know I am reading it for the tenth time, and counting. I kept rereading because there are no more books. Oh, Nelac is not spelled Nelek. I think that for your second bullet, her character changes every book.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 5:26:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2011 5:28:52 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Singing: The Fourth Book of Pellinor (Pellinor Series)
The Singing: The Fourth Book of Pellinor (Pellinor Series) by Alison Croggon (Hardcover - February 24, 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (68)