Customer Discussions > Black Gives Way To Blue forum

Great comeback album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2010 4:03:00 AM PDT
NT says:
Maybe it's just me, but they did a great job on this album. It's on sale for $5 as I type this. I'm sure Layne is up in the sky smiling right now.

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 2:57:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2010 3:06:47 PM PDT
I had my reservations about this disc.
That was before I heard it.
Now I say this as someone who is hardly a newbie to AIC. I have been with them ever since Dirt in '92.
This is the best album they have ever released, bar none.
For a band to skip 14 years and release a disc that picks up right where they left off is absolutely unbelievable. The disc just blows me away. Jerry's vocals over the years have not suffered in the least. Will DuVall is a fantastic addition to the band. He can sing his azz off, and he adds a second guitar to the mix. Now when Jerry is soloing the rhythm guitar doesn't go away onstage and that lends the band a much fatter linear sound overall. Layne would be proud.
If you have ever been an AIC fan you simply cannot go wrong with this.
Some say they had to have time for the songs to grow on them.
With me, this was not the case. My jaw dropped from the get go.
Those who claim this isn't AIC, it's a Jerry Cantrell disc are just barking dogs.
The only song that is even a close departure for the band is Take Her Out, and that has more to do with subject matter than anything else. The familiar layered vocals combined with Jerry's singular style of riffage makes this song another classic AIC tune regardless of being about a chick.
This is the best comeback abum I have ever heard, and it is VINTAGE ALICE IN CHAINS to boot.
Black Gives Way To Blue will be the second most popular disc from these guys right behind Dirt.
Hell(o), right now I PREFER it to Dirt, and Dirt has always been my favorite, followed by Jar of Flies/Sap.
Give this a try, you will not be dissapointed. I have been listening to it daily for about 2-3 months now, and I can't stop listening to it.
ALICE IN CHAINS RETURNS WITH THEIR BEST ALBUM EVER.
GOOD JOB GUYS. 50 STARS!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Black Gives Way To Blue
Black Gives Way To Blue by Alice In Chains (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (365)