Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 25, 2012
I found this book to be a wonderful delight! The photos and stories behind them were very entertaining, and I found myself wishing I had a dog! Who knows, maybe someday ....

I would like to thank the author for taking these picture, writing the stories behind the pictures and then putting it all in a book form so that we can enjoy it too!
on November 11, 2011
I'm a dog lover and purchased this ebook at the suggestion of a friend. I became familiar with Mr. Asher's work after reading his book Humphrey Was Here after losing our beloved dog last year. I have to say I really enjoyed this book and it's beautiful pictures and stories. I highly recommend it. Well done.
on March 19, 2013
I too am a pet photographer and have had a difficult time finding others like me. The book has wonderful pictures and great descriptions of how and why the photographer took the shot. He truly captured the breeds personalities in the photographs.
on December 6, 2014
I love dogs, and I've been partners with about a dozen over the decades. And I love photography. I used to be a professional photograpger, and when I had a studio in Wisconsin, people would drive over a hundred miles from Chicago for pet pportraits, so I think that means I was good.

But I was sorely disappointed by this book.

Photohraphers paint with light, and dogs can be difficult to do, because that hair soaks up the light, and you lose detail, but these photographs are excellently lit. Dogs have very expressive faces, and it's difficult to get an unfamiliar dog to stay where you want him, and get his face pointing where you want it; they want to come up to you, which makes it impossible to frame the image - but these photos are expertly posed and composed, and expressive.

But the pictures are so SMALL. They could be larger with the book remaining vertical, and really, it's not really a burden to turn a Kindle sideways. We do that when we're watching videos, right? It presents a problem to twist things if you're using a reading app on a desktop computer, but they have a larger screen in the first place, so you can turn the app into horizontal format without physically moving the screen.

But like I said, these are great photos. They stand on their own and the narrative is largely unnecessary. Another book of dog pics that are licensed for users to take video captures for Windows wallpaper would be a great idea.
on September 14, 2014
I own cats (whenever I get a dog, my ALPHA mom takes over, spoils them, and they only like her: she also buys them treats every week). I've had the great honor of playing with a large variety of relative's and friends' dogs growing up. Mark not only puts the photo on its own page, he tells stories of how he got owners'permission to take pictures. He talks a little about each dog; and that makes for a very interesting and entertaining book. I welled up when he was talking about meeting our dogs in heaven someday. I love cats/dogs/horses/cows......This was one of the best photography books I have ever enjoyed. I loved seeing the picture first, and forming my own internal thoughts (all good); and then the special touch about who the dog's name was, how Mark got the shot, and how he felt about each shoot. A VERY JOYFUL BOOK, INDEED...to be looked at and read over and over for a very long time.
on December 6, 2014
Tho' the photos have to be tiny as I have this book on my Kindle, each one evokes a smile or a memory or a little laugh. Each comes with a brief description by the author, who believes he will meet these wonderful pooches at the Rainbow Bridge. I am confident that he will, as God says in one of the Psalms that everything that has breath is to praise the Lord. I can't think of why else God would have included that other than an assurance of a Heavenly reunion.
on April 20, 2014
Being an avid dog lover, I couldn't resist reading this one from cover to cover. The photographs were very telling of the author's love of photographing his subjects -- precious dogs in their environments. Gave me lots of smiles and warmth in my heart. The interpretation by the author of each photo and its background and purpose really added to the enjoyment of this book. Even if you're more attracted to animals that are not dogs, you just gotta read this one. Not long to read but leaves a long memory in your heart of the photos.
on August 7, 2014
I'm a dog lover and thoroughly enjoyed these pictures. Their personalities sown through the pictures. I read his story about Humphrey, previously, and it was a great book. I can see now that he's a great photographer, too. It's short, but over good , and I recommend this book to anyone who has loved a dog.
on July 15, 2016
Dog lovers will enjoy how the author/photographer, Mark Asher, captures the soul of "man's best friend." Each shot has a description of the dog and how the shot was set up, (if it was set up). Some photos are fun, some touching, and others take your breath away with the intensity of the subject. My favorite photo in this book was the "Content Lab" of a dog named Frosty and "Puppy Love." For me it is the eyes of a dog that tell the story!
on May 4, 2014
These are gorgeous pictures, and I loved the captions/stories, as well! Beautiful dogs and fun scenes...loved them all but I found myself leaning towards the senior dog pictures as my favorites, they are always shining through with personality! Love these photographs and beautifully captured moments.