Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Greatest Hits of Broadway
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 4, 2007
I just wanted to confirm what the first reviewer had to say about this CD. To hear Ethyl Merman, Mary Martin, Andrea McCardle etc. singing their trademark songs brought a lot of memories from the mid-centry musical theater back again. The last song by Glynis Johns is especially poignant.
You certainly can't beat the price!
on November 9, 2006
This is a very good CD, mostly because it's the original artists. I've had some that were re-recorded by no name artists that were ghastly. This one is a really good one--including the sound quality. If I had one wish, I would wish it were longer!
on June 28, 2008
A nice sampler. I bought it primarily for "Together, Forever" from Gypsy, though its nice to have the Broadway version of "Send in the Clowns (I believe by Glynis Johns). But it is just a sampler, and fans of Broadway music are probably better served buying the full original cast recordings.
on April 29, 2010
This cd is simply delightful, a mix of old and new Broadway tunes. If you love Broadway, this is is a way to listen to favorite songs without having to buy cd's of many different musicals.
GREATEST HITS: BROADWAY provides 75 minutes worth of listening, well-engineered sound, and a fairly comprehensive selection of tunes, but there are so many of this kind of album that we can afford to be a little picky. A number of the songs here may have been inspired by Broadway, but they aren't sung by Broadway singers: Doris Day sings "I Got the Sun in the Morning" from ANNIE GET YOUR GUN, for example; "The Chestnut Brass Company" (otherwise uncredited) handles the brief instrumental title theme to STRIKE UP THE BAND. Topol, who was in the movie of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF and in the Broadway show later in that show's long run, here sings "If I Were a Rich Man," but cast-album credits go to Zero Mostel. The lack of a comprehensive liner booklet frustrates attempts to be more specific. Better options exist for those who are willing to look around and spend a little more.

Best of City Center Encores.
on August 26, 2009
This was a fine and entertaining compilation of hit tunes from major Broadway shows over the years.
on June 12, 2010
The Music I heard growing up. Mom and Dad use to listen to these songs and of course I saw most of the movies/stage plays they came from. For ageing baby boomers this is a feel good album.
on March 27, 2013
Aloha! I am the House Manager for a world class performing arts center in Maui. We play music at the center for the enjoyment of patrons eating in our courtyard prior to an event. I try to play music related to the performance. This was a great mix that complimented the Maui Pops Orchestra presentation of Broadway. Very enjoyable and classic.
on June 20, 2013
Wanted to have a CD that would encompass early to current. I felt that the compilation picked mostly secondary hits songs, not ones that jogged your memory of that particular musical. Felt the "Broadway: The American Musicals was far better in its selections. I mean it went back to Al Jolson! Very disappoint in the Greatest Hits of Broadway album.
on May 6, 2012
I recieved this music very quickly and I enjoy the music on this CD. This is a wonderful item to use in assisted living facilities. Thank you