Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Greatest Hits - Chapter One
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 19, 2012
Hit after hit after hit song, with absolutely no filler to be found. Usually greatest hits collections (from any era) include some lesser hits or even some strong album tracks just to help fill out the collection, but not here. On top of that, all these songs are still played around the clock on radio today. Not the type of hits that are forgotten once they leave the charts. Pretty impressive. Obviously, 10 years of making pop music was not wasted on this woman. Plus, there's three new diverse recordings that are top-of-the-line Clarkson. In light of this very impressive collection, I would proclaim Kelly Clarkson the Queen of 21st Century Pop.
66 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
For those of you who purchased "Breakaway" and "Stronger", you already have the bulk of Kelly's best hits. That is why I highly recommend that you find and purchase the DELUXE CD /DVD VERSION. The cd has a couple of additional tracks like "Trouble with Love" and "Beautiful Diaster" live. The DVD includes all 14 of KELLY's VIDEOS up to "Dark Side"

"Catch My Breath" and "People Like Us" are 2 of 3 new tracks exclusive to this release and they both are radio friendly upbeat tracks. They reveal that Kelly's career has only way one to go - straight up!
2121 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I wasn't even aware that Kelly had a new CD out until I stumbled upon it tonight at my local Walmart at their Black Friday (well, Thursday night) sale. I've been a fan of her music since she one the first season of American Idol. All of her best songs are here including my favorites, Behind These Hazel Eyes, Already Gone, Breakaway, and Don't You Want to Stay. As a bonus there are three new songs, Catch My Breath, Don't Rush, and People Like Us. Her holiday song I'll be home for Christmas is also the CD. Overall, I really enjoyed listening to the CD and I recommend it to others.

The songs are:

1. Since U Been Gone (3:08)
2. My Life Would Suck Without You (3:31)
3. Miss Independent (3:34)
4. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (3:42)
5. Behind These Hazel Eyes (3:16)
6. Because of You (3:40)
7. Never Again (3:36)
8. Already Gone (4:41
9. Mr. Know It All (3:52)
10. Breakaway (3:56)
11. Don't You Wanna Stay (with Jason Aldean) (4:19)
12. Walk Away (3:09)
13. Catch My Breath (4:10)
14. People Like Us (4:18)
15. Don't Rush (featuring Vince Gill) (4:02)
16. A Moment Like This (3:48)
17. I'll Be Home for Christmas (2:53)
77 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2012
I decided to take a chance on Kelly Clarkson's Greatest Hits CD. I knew of some of her songs but I wasn't a big fan. I received Kelly Clarkson's Greatest Hits Chapter One today and I have to say this is a Fantastic CD! Every song on this CD is Awesome and a lot of the songs I didn't realize she sang! If anyone is thinking of purchasing this CD, don't hesitate I think you would be very satisfied with every song on this CD.
on November 20, 2012
My CD arrived as promised in the mail yesterday. I had eagerly awaited this greatest hits CD. Her new song Catch My Breath is my life's anthem, as I can totally relate to it! I have followed Kelly since the first time seeing her audition on American Idol. She has continued to release songs that not only reflect herself, but ones in which her fans can also relate. Her other new song, Don't Rush (duet with Vince Gill), is slightly reminiscent of her early bluesy song "What's up Lonely." I look forward to hearing more music from Kelly in the years ahead. I am extremely pleased with this CD and I know that once I transfer the music to my iPod, it'll be on repeat all the time. Haha. :D
on November 24, 2012
I don't usually like pop music, but I love Kelly Clarkson! This album has most of my favorite songs by her and I absolutely love Catch My Breath! I debated buying an album mostly of songs that I already have, but I'm glad it did!
on November 23, 2012
Wow, having all her hits on one CD is fantastic! I have all of her studio albums, but having all of her biggest hits and three new songs on this CD is great! Kelly really has had this many hits, and there is absolutely no filler on here... just that powerful voice singing some of our favorite songs of the last ten years. It is a real credit to her radio-friendly music and her amazing voice that so many of these songs are still playing on the radio today even though a few of these songs date back 6-10 years.

The three new songs on here are some of her strongest tracks to date, and they are all very different from each other too. "Catch My Breath" and "People Like Us" are aimed at the top-40/pop audience, while "Don't Rush" is a lush country duet with Vince Gil that is reminiscent of country radio in the 80's. I love all three of them, and it is very likely that "People Like Us" will be a radio-smash on level with "Stronger."

If you are at all a fan of Kelly Clarkson, this is your chance to get not only her greatest hits of past eras, but also a glimpse into her future with the three new recordings. This CD is a MUST BUY!
on November 22, 2012
i just recently bought and purchased this album of kelly clarkson's and i really,really,really have been enjoying this cd a lot.i think that she put a lot of time and energy into making this album and did a fantastic job doing it.so my opinion is that this is one of the greatest albums ever,so i gave her cd a 5 star rating because it is that great of a album.so anyone who is a big fan of kelly clarkson's and enjoys her music but doesn't have her greatest hits album should buy it because it is worth the wait.i can gurantee it. chrisfan.and keep up the good work kc.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2014
I did not watch American Idol till season 2 so didn't see the initial introduction of Kelly Clarkson. And then I honestly never gave her a chance. I don't listen to the radio much and she went under my radar. Till the song STRONGER came along. OMG, that song blew me away in her vocal performance and I related to it in so many ways. I purchased this Greatest Hits cd and fell in love. Song after song I fell in love with the versatility, range and vocal prowess of Kelly Clarkson. I like all types of music but what matters to me most is emotion and meaning coming from a song and how it is performed. To me Kelly is in a class of her own. She imparts such emotion in each note and line of a song and her range goes from quiet and still in a ballad to belting with such power that tingles to up and down my spine. I then purchased every cd she has done and love them all while being impressed with the true versatility when looking at them all. My favorite ones are ALL I EVER WANTED, MY DECEMBER and STRONGER.

This Greatest Hits cd is a great representation of her work from the beginning till now and there is even the gift of new tracks. There are no tracks that don't work for me but my faves are SINCE U BEEN GONE, MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU, BECAUSE OF YOU, NEVER AGAIN, PEOPLE LIKE US and of course STRONGER. So due to one song STRONGER, I was introduced to a truly gifted artist who is now my favorite performer. When an artist has what she has - strong vocal and emotive ability, song writing skill and the ability to put their soul in a song - there is only greatness for her as she moves forward. Highly recommend this cd and all the other Kelly Clarkson cds. An amazing talent I am so glad to have discovered.
on February 25, 2015
I normally can't stand modern pop, but I love this album!! I'm hooked on almost all the songs on it. I was glad to find it's not all electronic-sounding--it's mostly made of traditional instruments with the more modern electronic sounds mixed in, in moderation. The songs sound similar to each other, but they're not all the same. It's really great, and it makes wonderful workout music! I was a little apprehensive about getting it at first, but here I am giving it five stars!