5.0 out of 5 stars chipmunks
Excellent CD, brought back some old memories, I just loved the chipmunks as a child.
Published on February 13, 2008 by Melody M. Raymond

3.0 out of 5 stars Only ten songs
Really?

Wish someone would do a strong David Seville collection -- Witch Doctor, Bird on My Head, etc. as well as the Chipmunks cuts. Maybe even some of his "straight" stuff. On the other hand, don't think I have Alvin's Orchestra on CD, so they've suckered me again...
Published on August 29, 2007 by T. Everett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars chipmunks, February 13, 2008
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cheerful Hits-By Alvin and the Chipmunks, November 15, 2007
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Mommy's and Daddy's this is a must for your children and adults too.
Great CD to have all year around to keep you cheerful and squeaky.
Excellent sound quality from Capitol/EMI.
But there is only one problem I have with this CD.Why did Capitol/EMI forgot to put on -Alvin for President one of my favorites.
But anyway,since that Alvin for President is not here on this CD,then Capitol/EMI someday you must present A Complete Anthology with Alvin and the Chipmunks-From the beginning to present day.From Pop,Country,Rock in Roll,Duets,Christmas what ever era in music they sang,and do not even missed one song that they have ever recorded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby boomer, February 8, 2008
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Nostalgia time. With the movie out, it was nice to share memories of the Chipmunks with today's kids. My classes love listening to it and it makes me smile too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and so entertaining, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
My 4 year old grandson laughed out loud with so many of the songs. We even are singing them ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chipmucks what music, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
my son loves the chipmunks, love the oldies, great for kids during play time and parties. I recommend for any kid time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alvin & The Chipmunks Greatest Hits, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This was a present for my niece. She enjoyed watching it, and was very happy to receive it. She likes Alvin & The Chipmunks.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I had it when my 15 year old boy ws growing up in CHS, and know with my new baby boy, we're hearing it everyday in the car.. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must-have!, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
my 2 year old daughter has just about every song memorized. there wasn't a single song that was a throwaway or skipped over. we've listened to this in the car, during bath time, and my daughter even wants some of these sung to her before bed. the crazy part is that we aren't even sick of it!! this was a purchase that i'm very glad i made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chipmunk Fun, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a good cd with a lot of good songs like their version of David Sevilles Witch Doctor The Chipmunk Song Alvins Harmonica Ragtime Cowboy Joe Alvins Orchestra and many others. You should get this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The early years, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Time was when I wouldn't have even thought about buying a Chipmunks record, but they entered my CD collection anyway via guest appearances on Christmas albums by Alan Jackson and Jaci Velasquez. Coupled with my growing interest in children's music, I took a chance on them and I found that I quite enjoy their music.

Among novelty acts, the Chipmunks are remarkable for their longevity, spanning half a century of music and still going. This compilation focuses on their music of the fifties and sixties, when they had a few hits in the American pop singles charts. The obvious disappointment is that the track Alvin for President, included on an earlier version of this collection, was dropped from this edition although this one contains 26 tracks, whereas the earlier edition contained only 19.

The story began in 1958 when David Seville recorded The witch doctor, which sold a million copies and climbed to number one in the American charts, saving his record label from bankruptcy. That hit was billed simply as David Seville, but the Chipmunks' version opens this set. As a consequence of the success of The witch doctor, David created the Chipmunks. They got off to a great start with their Christmas song (track 25 here), which sold four and a half million copies and again made number one in the American charts. It was the biggest hit they ever had, but certainly wasn't their last hit.

This collection contains four of their Beatles covers, which I didn't need because I already had their Beatles covers album. There are some children's songs including Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Do re mi, Whistle while you work and one of my favorites here, Talk to the animals. One track that seems to work particularly well is America the beautiful. Perhaps the best of the lot is If you love e (Alouette).

Despite the absence of Alvin for President (which I`ve never actually heard), this is a great collection of its type. The Chipmunks may be an acquired taste, but I find that they provide a nice contrast to the other types of music that I normally listen to.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Alvin & the Chipmunks (Audio CD - 2007)