Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alvin & the Chipmunks Greatest Hits: Still Squeaky After All These Years
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 6, 2015
In truth, this is probably the only CD from Alvin & The Chipmunks you will ever need (especially if you are a parent). That said, it's a genuine value, and admit it: you still (occasionally) enjoy hearing "The Christmas Song" (or whatever it's called) once in a while. A kind of bonus is that "The Witch Doctor" (which Ross Bagdasarian recorded and released, under the pseudonym of David Seville, back in the 50s... that's right, you remember it) has been re-done with the Chipmunks singing backup; it's almost as good as the original (because it's pretty much the same). You can always fast forward past the cover versions of Beatles hits like "She Loves You" (unless you're under 10).
on July 1, 2013
my 2 year old daughter has just about every song memorized. there wasn't a single song that was a throwaway or skipped over. we've listened to this in the car, during bath time, and my daughter even wants some of these sung to her before bed. the crazy part is that we aren't even sick of it!! this was a purchase that i'm very glad i made!
Time was when I wouldn't have even thought about buying a Chipmunks record, but they entered my CD collection anyway via guest appearances on Christmas albums by Alan Jackson and Jaci Velasquez. Coupled with my growing interest in children's music, I took a chance on them and I found that I quite enjoy their music.

Among novelty acts, the Chipmunks are remarkable for their longevity, spanning half a century of music and still going. This compilation focuses on their music of the fifties and sixties, when they had a few hits in the American pop singles charts. The obvious disappointment is that the track Alvin for President, included on an earlier version of this collection, was dropped from this edition although this one contains 26 tracks, whereas the earlier edition contained only 19.

The story began in 1958 when David Seville recorded The witch doctor, which sold a million copies and climbed to number one in the American charts, saving his record label from bankruptcy. That hit was billed simply as David Seville, but the Chipmunks' version opens this set. As a consequence of the success of The witch doctor, David created the Chipmunks. They got off to a great start with their Christmas song (track 25 here), which sold four and a half million copies and again made number one in the American charts. It was the biggest hit they ever had, but certainly wasn't their last hit.

This collection contains four of their Beatles covers, which I didn't need because I already had their Beatles covers album. There are some children's songs including Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Do re mi, Whistle while you work and one of my favorites here, Talk to the animals. One track that seems to work particularly well is America the beautiful. Perhaps the best of the lot is If you love e (Alouette).

Despite the absence of Alvin for President (which I`ve never actually heard), this is a great collection of its type. The Chipmunks may be an acquired taste, but I find that they provide a nice contrast to the other types of music that I normally listen to.
on June 16, 2013
This is a good cd with a lot of good songs like their version of David Sevilles Witch Doctor The Chipmunk Song Alvins Harmonica Ragtime Cowboy Joe Alvins Orchestra and many others. You should get this album.
on February 13, 2008
Excellent CD, brought back some old memories, I just loved the chipmunks as a child.
on November 15, 2007
Mommy's and Daddy's this is a must for your children and adults too.
Great CD to have all year around to keep you cheerful and squeaky.
Excellent sound quality from Capitol/EMI.
But there is only one problem I have with this CD.Why did Capitol/EMI forgot to put on -Alvin for President one of my favorites.
But anyway,since that Alvin for President is not here on this CD,then Capitol/EMI someday you must present A Complete Anthology with Alvin and the Chipmunks-From the beginning to present day.From Pop,Country,Rock in Roll,Duets,Christmas what ever era in music they sang,and do not even missed one song that they have ever recorded.
on February 8, 2008
Nostalgia time. With the movie out, it was nice to share memories of the Chipmunks with today's kids. My classes love listening to it and it makes me smile too!
on July 23, 2010
Ordered this Chipmunk CD for my grandchildren. When my kids were little we always watched the cartoon on Saturday mornings and bought the cassette tapes.

Now, years later the tunes never get old, they brought back wonderful memories and the kids still love them.

Carla J Gardiner
[...].
on October 3, 2009
The whole family loves this CD! We all start singing along and dancing! Afterwards I tend to get some songs stuck in my head. :) A great family CD. It will give your children a chance to be a part of their parents' childhoods.
on January 11, 2011
This is just the cutest CD ever. I love the songs. They are so adorable and easy to sing along with. My little girl loves listening to it in the car. I would recommend this CD to anyone who loves the Chipmunks.