5.0 out of 5 stars This David Allan Coe CD is great!
Published on November 26, 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars good depending on your opinion of David Allan Coe
Published 16 months ago by john thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars This David Allan Coe CD is great!, November 26, 1998
By A Customer
This CD by David Allan Coe is one of his best works. David Allan Coe will always be known as one of the greatest country singers of our time, although country radio and the CMA doesn't give him the credit he deserves. From the fun song "Divers do it deeper", to the ballad "Would You Lay with Me(In a Field of Stone)", and the classic bar room song "You Never Even Called Me by My Name", this CD takes you on a ride you will not soon forget. The instrumentals, the voice, and all of the classic lyrics make this CD. I would strongly recomend buying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars if that aint country......., September 24, 2004
well a very funny song kicks this one off.i cant really get into it here.tust me.the next cool one is called long haired redneck.this is one of his best songs and i like a lot of his stuff.you never even call me by my name is david allen coes favorite song and he even calls it the perfect country song.it is one song that i try to listen to every time im drunk.its a classic among classics!a sad country song is just that .its good.would you be my lady is a pretty love song and theres even a silly song about all the crazy stuff hed do for this woman like eat a west virginia coal miners shoe.its got it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars David Allen Coe's best, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I love this cd. David Allan Coe has produced songs that are funny and tuneful. He is, of course, a country-western legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been looking for this for years., June 10, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I had this cd years ago when it was first released. I don't know what happened to it, but I no longer have it, so when I saw it, I was very excited, since it has a song called ' Would you be my Lady' . I've loved this song and did not know where to find it. Thanks Amazon!!

3.0 out of 5 stars good depending on your opinion of David Allan Coe, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I like David Allan Coe when he sings the right kind of songs. She Used To Love Me A Lot and The Ride. Songs like that. They came along later and are not on this. The first song is one of those songs. Divers Do It Deeper. Which I had never heard. Bull Riders Stay In The Saddle Just A Little Bit Longer.!! Long Haired Redneck is another one of those songs. Although I think he try's to be too much of an outlaw sometimes. And You Never Even Called Me By My Name is another one also. If you ever get a chance to hear Steve Goodman sing it. It's on a cd called Artistic Hair. Listen to his version. Willie Waylon And Me is a good song. What is he talking about when he says The Burritos Out In California Could Fly Higher Then The Birds? The rest of the cd is alright. Not something I listen to every day. Also where can I get a sport coat like he's wearing on the cover?

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DRINKIN' SING-ALONG CD EVER!, December 3, 2012
Diana B "Calibrator" (California High Desert) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
THE BEST, of about 15-20 traditional Western bar-room drinkin'n, fight'n & sing'n albums ever!! Still the same collection of tunes as the original release in 1978- ish. Good sound quality. Great for all-out Western BBQ's, poker parties, Huntin' & Fishn'. Not for sissies!, RBABs only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
As described, great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 10, 2014
Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars good....., October 8, 2002
"chrisshadybell" (Chattanooga, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
This CD is pretty good. Although I'm not too huge of a David allan Coe fan, My favorite song on here which I really love is "You never even Called Me by MY name". That is the main song that influenced me to buy this. I like some the other songs like: Long Haired Redneck, A Sad Country Song, and some others are alright.

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC COE, May 18, 2000
IF YOU LIKE REAL COUNTRY MUSIC YOU WILL LOVE THIS MASTERPIECE. DAVID ALLAN COE"S GREATEST WORK ALL ON ONE ALBUM. YOULL LOVE THIS ONE.

Greatest Hits