4.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no Cigar
I enjoy Grand Funk's music. Several of their songs got a lot of airplay in the early 70s. The group was considered to be in the same genre as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, and the group was typically unpopular with critics. This particular collection is one of the better ones available, though it remains less than perfect.

The easiest way to satisfy most...
Published on September 25, 2006 by Lonnie E. Holder

1.0 out of 5 stars another victim of the "Loudness Wars"
I bought this to replace my old c.1987 CD. Whoever re-mastered this must be deaf or only auditioned it on an iPod with cheezy earbuds! Bass is almost non-existant and everything else sounds tinny. Dynamic range is minimal due to WAY-TOO-MUCH COMPRESSION. I will buy an older release on eBay and donate this to Goodwill
Published on October 29, 2011 by Larry McInerney

4.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no Cigar, September 25, 2006

The easiest way to satisfy most Grand Funk fans would be to put all 20 songs that charted to 1976 into one collection. Then we would all be happy. I personally would have been happy with just one or two more songs from the aforementioned 20, particularly "Feelin' Alright." Until the 20 song collection of all charting songs happens, this CD is probably your best best. Of course, if you are missing a favorite song you have one of two choices. Either get the collection that contains your favorite song, or get the album that has that song, which is also a good idea.

Grand Funk was one of the hardest rock groups of their day. Sometimes described as the loudest rock and roll band in the world, Grand Funk was one of a very small number of bands that helped evolve rock into heavy metal. Fans of hard rock and classic rock should have at least one collection from this wonderfully talented group.

Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars another victim of the "Loudness Wars", October 29, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for!, April 29, 2010
Love Good Music (Asheville, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
I am pleased with this cd, but as others have posted before, there really isn't a greatest hits collection of GFR as they had so many albumns all deserving praise so I may well be purchasing some other cd's of GFR to elaborate on more of the songs they did.

If you grew up a proud blue collar middle class person as I did, GFR should be part of your musical makeup...

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad mixes and fomat!, May 9, 2013
Remasturd is what you have here. Bad mixes and format. I'm a musician with 40 years experience. Pass on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homer Simpson...right again, January 4, 2013
Never paid any attention to this band for 30+ years of exploring (I thought) most rock. Caught some GFR by chance and thought it was rather good...After exploring more, they really are a great band, especially live and I've subsequently bought the wonderful live albums and an excellent compilation. Raw, great, proper rock that reminds me of other great live albums by Slade, MC5 etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Truly Grand Funk!, December 16, 2012
If the only track was the incredible nearly 10 minute classic "I'm Your Captain", this collection would be well worth purchasing. But it's chock full of the best of the best of Grand Funk Railroad, including all of the big hits. "Bad Time" and "Locomotion" are other personal favorites. Not bashful about long-playing tracks, Grand Funk rolls into the station here with nearly 70 min. of rock and roll spread out over 14 tunes....that's 5 min. per song...of course the last two tracks provide about 19 min. of music on their own. I found the sound of these remastered tracks outstanding and plenty loud. Crystal clear! (I don't know how you feel,but it seems that vinyl maintained a much more consistent volume level from disc to disc. I find it a bit frustrating that when I load 5 CD's into my changer, I inevitably choose CD's of incompatible volumes...kind of frustrating...I hope the day comes when volumes are more on an even keel). This Grand Funk CD is on the loud side of the ledger. Mark and the boys wouldn't have it any other way! I give this CD HiGHEST RECOMMENDATION. Look no further if you want Grand Funk's best on one CD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over Recorded junk, February 15, 2009
Audio Bob (Southgate MI.) - See all my reviews
The songs are outstanding , the recording is way over recorded sounding muffled and distorted and flat . If you want a good quality grand funk collection , there was a box set out a few years ago that is great .

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Music, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Grand Funk Railroad (MP3 Music)
Grand Funk Railroad is a group who played timeless rock and roll music which reminds of an easy laid-back era. The music gives a pleasant mood with a get up and move beat. It's rock'in genre is for all generations, both then and now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Funk Railroad, June 29, 2009
I grew up with this music in the 70's. My son, mentioned he has fallen
in love with this band, so I bought this for him. He says he loves it.
Music from the 70's is soo much better than todays music. I thought it
was so cool my 28 year old son wanted music from my day!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Grand Funk Greatest Hits, December 17, 2012
I order "many" cd's from Amazon--this was the absolute most terrible cd I have received. All of the songs had a tinny sound and barely knew they were Grand Funk Railroad. Very disappointed.

Greatest Hits: Grand Funk Railroad