5.0 out of 5 stars The songs that made them famous
The Judds, with their great acoustic songs, were the heroines of traditional country fans in the eighties. This compilation contains the songs that made them famous. Generally, these are the hits I like best, although they had further hits (see volume 2) and they are also of a high quality.

Nine of these ten tracks are taken from their debut mini-LP and their...
Published on September 27, 2004 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic album of some of The Judds' hits
Published 15 months ago by Jaclyn Schultz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The songs that made them famous, September 27, 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)

Nine of these ten tracks are taken from their debut mini-LP and their first two full-length albums (Why not me, Rockin' with the rhythm), which I still think are their best original albums. Give a little love, the only song here not to make number one on the country charts although it came close, was never released on an original album in America - it was in the UK, as I explain in my review of their Heartland album. Note that the hits from Heartland appear on the second volume of hits.

Among the songs, my favorites are Why not me, Girls night out and Grandpa (tell me 'bout the good old days), but every song here is a classic.

If you buy this and the second volume of hits, you'll have all the essential Judds recordings with the possible exception of Don't be cruel.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better greatest hits albums, July 1, 2005
The Judds One of the best female duos ever. I'm not huge

fan of country music, but the Judds are one of VERY few

country acts that I listen to now. They like the other

few country acts I follow are more of a guilty pleasure.

However, that doesn't mean they don't deserve credit. Each

one is really good singers, It's ashame the cancer came up

or they could have went further.

Anyway, this is a great album and most of the hits Why Not

Me, Rockin With The Rythm of The Rain, Mama He's Crazy and

my favorite "Grandpa (Tell Me about the good ole days) the

best tune the dead IMO..

One song I feel was left out such as Turn It Loose. Other

than that, it's worth picking up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Country, January 29, 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
As anyone who knows me will know the first ever music I heard was by Kenny Rogers, then came The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Cliff Richard and next was The Judds.

I probably listen to them less than the rest of the artists I mentioned, but that's probably due to not enough free time and the fact I have never bought their albums on CD (the Vinyl and Tape editions are still in my house).

Anyway I can't really say why i haven't given much thought as to buying a CD of theirs until now, but it's something I'm going to have to do, with songs as good as this, I want to be able to listen to them a bit more.

The opening track on this compilation of their music is "Why not me?", i've always been undecided on this song, not because I don't like it, but at times I love it and at times I skip it to get on to the next cut (not as easy on tape and vinyl as it is on CD).

"Mama he's crazy" is one of my favourite cuts on the album, it's about a young girl talking to her mother about the love of her life and the play on words in this song are typical of many country songs ("He's heaven sent And must be out of my mind, Mama he's crazy, Crazy over me"). This was the song that really made them famous too, becoming their first #1 hit in August of 1984.

Another favourite of mine on this collection of "Grandpa Tell me 'bout the good ol' days", again this is a sentimental song, typical of the Country genre ("Did lovers really fall in love to stay? And stand beside each other come what may?

Was a promise really something people kept, Not just something they would say and then forget? Did families really bow their heads to pray? Did daddies really never go away?

Oh, Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days"). Yes, the lyrics may seem somewhat corny, but here, in the context of the song, it really works well.

The rest of the tracks on this album such as "Girls night out" (a party anthem) "Cry Myself to sleep" and "A Change Of Heart", are great inclusions and when this album was released it must have seemed pretty definitive, but of course, The Judds continued to make music for several more years and in that time there was certainly enough material for RCA to produce a second volume of Judd's hit's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this for sure, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One of the best cd's still!! Has almost all my favorite songs by the Judd's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
B. G. Kennedy (Farmington, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandpa tell me about the good old days, May 9, 2014
Gracie Ayala (rancho cucamonga, ca usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for sentimental reasons as the song Grandpa tell me about the good old days reminds me of my late father

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Nothing better than sitting and listening to the Judds sing. One of the best CD's that I own. I would recommend to anyone that loves country music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ole country, January 21, 2014
Marika Cordtz (PLEASANTON, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Had this CD long ago but lost in somehow. Was happy to hear some favorites once again. Nice selection of songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Judds!, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I was replacing a lost CD. I have several Judd CD's but this was one of my favorites and was heart broken when I had lost it. They are so talented.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic album of some of The Judds' hits, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I've always liked The Judd's music and this is a basic CD of their most famous songs durig their heyday. It only has 10 songs on it, so it is not the most extensive collection of their music, but is a good CD for the car when I want to hear just some of their music and for what little I paid was worth it. Plus, I got to download their songs from the album onto my MP3 player and smartphone as well, which was included in the price.

The only compliant I have is that for a new CD, which was still in the wrapping, the case was cracked, but I the CD was in good condition so I can live with this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by The Judds (Audio CD - 2004)
Rate and Discover Movies