Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 15, 2014
I think Dylan Ratigan is brilliant, but once I received this book, I just couldn't start reading it.

A few years later....I'm still too upset about what Wall Street did/does to the world's economy to want to understand the problem any better.

If you're in to High-Finance, I'm sure you will enjoy the read and learn all about it.
on March 11, 2012
I read Greedy Bastard with great interest . Dylan sure hit the nail on the head. Furthermore I would suggest that everyone should read this book because it really states the truth about Greedy Americans.
on March 4, 2012
Greatest respect for Dylan and his strong effort to research root cause problems we face in this world and pragmatic approaches to move forward to resolve them. Financial system, election system, health care system, educational system...all covered in an intelligent smart fashion.
on February 12, 2012
I purchased with great hesitation as I wasn't sure if it was a serious read given the title and cover art, but man was I wrong. The book is clear, concise, and provides clear explanations and examples. Could easily be read in an afternoon, but in my case I found it difficult to read more than a chapter at a time due to the physical illness i experienced due to the blatant corruption, greed, and unethical events described in the book. 5 stars, I highly recommend.
on February 9, 2012
Dylan Ratigan has been in the financial journalism business for ~20 years and he knows what he is talking about. He is very good at turning complicated finance schemes into metaphors that make sense to people without econ degrees. This is a page turner thanks to Ratigan's conversational style and takes the reader on a full tour of everything wrong with the US economy. IMO, this is essential reading to be part of the solution and to stop being part of the problem.
on February 27, 2012
This is a book which so openly and honestly explains the workings of the Banksters, Wall Street, and Corporations that is belongs in our schools as part of Civics and Economic classes.
Students, pay attention! We must eliminate the Greedy Bastards. It starts with "sounding off" by the young and the old(er).
Use the Internet, write Congressmen, the President. Be mad!!! But,"Bravo" to the author!!!
on January 21, 2014
I love Dylan Ratigan and miss him on MSNBC. Really well written and researched. He needs to be on TV every single day as he was when he had his own show. He left to pursue his passion but I miss him.
on December 2, 2012
Ratigan appears to have knowledge and insight into the movers and shakers of our banking and economic system, what's wrong with it and why, and how we might be able to get it back on the right track.
on March 29, 2012
To start out, Greedy Bastards is a very insightful book. And it is written in a simplistic enough way to make it easy for the common person to pick up and read. It gets to the point with what it tries to say and get across. If you have any sort of finance back ground (like me) none of the information in this book is really news to you. Heck in college we learned how to manipulate stocks going down by shorting them.

In his book he states:
A political system in which lobbyists write legislation, lawmakers place "secret holds" to create more pork for their districts, and money drives the whole process.

A banking system that uses capital for speculation and debt creation, rather than productive investment.

A "master-slave" relationship with our Chinese bankers, making our corporations and politicians complicit in a system that rigs our currency and leaves us with permanent joblessness and massive trade deficits.

A health care system that is among the priciest and least sustainable in the industrialized world.

An educational system that prizes prestige but produces mediocrity.

An addiction to foreign oil that has sapped us of our willingness to innovate, made us reliant on inefficient technologies, and left us supportive of corrupt governments.

He is accurate in many of his assessments. Where I began to disagree with him was in his assessment of foreign trade relationships. I won't get long winded here but can you really blame US corporations for going overseas to seek new workers. With unions in the US completely destroying wages by demanding more and more and more benefits and continuously higher pay it began to not make financial sense for America's manufacturing sector to stay here. I am still surprised we make cars within the United States. The United States has shifted more and more to a specialization economy. So until we develop a more specialized manufacturing sector (alternative fuel/energy development, quantum computing processors, etc) then the manufacturing sector will remain dead in the US.

We all know our government is bought and paid for from top to bottom. Every industry in this country gets away with murder in this country. But at the end of the day whose fault is it really? The morally absent politicians? The greedy corporations? Or is it the fault of the American people? I mean at the end of the day we are the ones that vote for these people. We are the ones with the outlets to let our voice be heard. We are the ones that need to get angry. But yet only a few do. Only a small few actually care about the direction/future of this country. People not caring is the reason why the last 40 years have been progressively crap. And it only continues to get worse.

Dylan sounded an alarm that has been blaring for years. Sadly, most people choose not to hear it.
on January 3, 2014
Excellent explanation of what's currently taking place in Washington. He gives a brief overview of the effects in multiple areas like banking, education, and healthcare.