Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 28, 2000
Vefa Alexiadou has done it again. I purchased this book while in Greece after seeing her on a very popular morning show. I was not disappointed. I had purchased other books from her and had always been pleased. Greek pasteries are amongst the most difficult to make yet Vefa makes it not only easy but enjoyable. The photos in the book are wonderful. Upon first glance I wanted to make everything! For those of you who want to try traditional Greek cooking, the way it is done in Greece, then this is the book for you.
on April 22, 2002
If you don't own this book, then your library is incomplete! Having just returned from Greece, I can honestly say this has every pastry you'd find in a neighborhood bakery. One of the best parts of Greece is the dining, whether during Lent or the rest of the year, and this book has all the dessert recipes you'd need to have a little of Greece in your own home year-round. She also has a great variety of recipes for the various Orthodox Christian holidays, which makes the book all the more valuable for festive occasions such as Christmas and Easter. If you've lost Grandma's cookie recipes, just pick up a copy of this. Thank you, Vefa!
on October 31, 2003
I am a Turk living in California. I was amazed by the recipes and the photos in this book. I haven't yet had time to try all the recipes, but I have been very pleased with the ones that I tried. The explanations are good and easy to follow. Taste is authentic. For people who are not familiar with the pastries and desserts of the region, the photos in the book show what the outcome will look like.
Highly recommended to those with a sweet tooth ;-)
on October 24, 2014
Great recipes for those of us who love to cook and eat Greek food. However, the time it took to receive this book (almost 5 months!) and the cost of it was really more than I will ever spend or wait again.