5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Grandma and Grandkids
This is a great book full of easy projects for a child to do with an adult. My granddaughter and I have many pages bookmarked to work on. The directions are clear and the pictures are great. I highly recommend it.
Published on August 16, 2009 by Linda Letellier

1.0 out of 5 stars not so great or green!
Published 14 months ago by SB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Grandma and Grandkids, August 16, 2009
This review is from: Green Crafts for Children: 35 Step-by-Step Projects Using Natural, Recycled, And Found Materials (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crafts go green!, July 31, 2010
Great book, worth investing in to do natural crafts. Lots of color pictures which i like! Simple directions, ingredients- most you have around the house BUT most of all it is kid friendly hands on stuff!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea's for busy hands, June 29, 2009
Interesting ideas with materials that are easily available for purchase or find in nature. Funs for the children and the adults who supervise them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, July 31, 2009
We just purchased this book and I love it! My daughters and I are on our second project now, and are having a blast! The crafts are simple and sweet, and the photographs are beautiful. We all can't put the book down! I can't wait to make more and I will be buying this book as gifts -soon! Cheers, Kelly, [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of fun and cute stuff!!!, June 8, 2009
I bought this book for a trip to see my niece and nephew and we had a great time making all kinds of cute stuff. I really like it and so did they. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice book, March 1, 2013
I bought this for my seven year old. The plus is that we had most of everything needed for the crafts and the pictures are enticing. The only down side is that the photos show preschoolers doing the crafts and she felt that it was babyish, but we did some of the crafts and it was on level for her to do on her own. I have done one of the crafts with my Brownie Girl Scout troop which is 7-9 year olds and they had a blast. It's a very nice collection of crafts and we will enjoy it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best GREEN craft book ever!!!, November 8, 2010
The kids and I loved this easy to read and understand craft book! After getting all the low cost materials I ended up making 5 of the crafts in 2 days! The craft ideas are quick and easy. As the parent, I'm having so much fun making them! The peg dolls are my favorite so far-my daughter played with them for 3 hours afterward! Crafts stand up to playtime and they make great gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, January 17, 2011
I gave this book to my father's wife, who has seven grandchildren of different ages. It has great projects for many age groups, and the younger kids will be able to grow into the more complicated projects. They love looking forward to visiting Grandma and completing another project from the book!

1.0 out of 5 stars not so great or green!, May 25, 2013
The crafts are underwhelming and the techniques are kind of overwhelming for kids. I tried a few with my granddaughter and there were some tense moments! Thank goodness I was an art teacher for 30 years so we recovered quickly, however, all in all I feel this book is too much for a kid yet too simple and basic for an adult. I also didn't get such a "green" vibe. We tried (or should I say I ended up finishing)the salt dough tea set, a walnut baby (which was the most frustrating for her), the tissue paper flowers (successful but come on... green?...we used purchased pipe cleaners and tissue paper!), and the simple dollhouse which Grammy made all by herself! Oh and my granddaughter is 6 with fabulous small motor skills!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Ideas, March 3, 2013
I loved this book! It had some really great ideas for projects to do with things laying around the house.. in particular, I have a pile of mittens without their mate - I've held on to these for several years now hoping to come across a project/use, and I finally found one in this book! Little puppets of all different animals. Ideas like this, and many more, fill the book with beautiful photos and helpful how-to's. Most of the project ideas were ones I had never seen before, which I found refreshing. My only wish is that it were longer! It's not short, don't get me wrong, but I would love even more projects along these lines.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›