Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 26, 2011
This is by far my favorite Dr. Seuss book, and my 18-month son loves to "read" it with me every day right after dinner!

He is a very hands-on child, and I love the fact that it reacts to his screen taps to show him the word as well as "speak" the word related to what he touched - "Tree", "Car", "Train", "Sam", "Sam's Friend", "Fox", "Box", etc. He is just starting to add to his vocabulary and has already picked up on "Tree" and "Sam". He also recognizes many of the things in the book after only a few times through it. When we're not reading on the Android, he can find "Green Eggs and Ham" on the bookshelf, and can pick out by sight dozens of the things he sees in the interactive version.

The narrator has a very peppy and a soothing voice. The response of the screen is fast, and if my son wants to keep touching things on the screen to find the tree or car again and again, the page won't turn and continue the book until he's ready. The pace of the book is right on the money if you just let it play, or flipping pages at a leisurely pace.

While this interactive book may not teach him to read, I feel it will keep him interested in the stories and make him more apt to read a bit earlier than other children which has the potential to make him a better student when he starts in school!

If you have a child of any age (or just a child at heart yourself), pick-up at least one of these interactive Dr. Seuss books for your Android device. You'll love it as much as we do, and will probably purchase more soon!
on February 25, 2012
Love the pictures and the reading voices. Love that the kids can touch almost anything and the word will pop up and be read to them on screen. Love that some of my favorite childhood stories are available in such a great way for our new Electronics Generation. Bought this and Horton Hears a Who and thinking of getting more...love it!
on April 28, 2013
I love the auto play feature because the narrator's voice is really soothing and the type words are highlighted as he goes, which draws my toddler's attention to the words. This is a big pre-reading skill stressed in early literacy studies and studies about harmfulness of screen time for little ones have stressed that any educational value in these apps comes from these types of features. When your child pokes around on the pages, the objects are names and the word pops out at them. For example "Wall", "car" "sam's friend" etc. There is no animation, rather the story is very much like reading it out loud. Some of the pictures are zoomed in to show the area of action, and I like that it's not flashy but still has some gentle movement as you read.

This has held our attention for months, and was a great buy.
on December 13, 2012
Great. Not like the guys voice when choose to read, but grandson not seem to mind. WHY does it always say must sign in to read it!!! I PAID for this, should not have to sign in. That's why it got 4 stars.
on March 9, 2014
My 6 year old plays this all the time. I actually own this on an older iOS system, but she was upset that I didn't also have it on my Android-based phone. It is definitely worth purchasing again for how much she uses it. And considering this is part of my Amazon account now, I'll be able to download it over and over for years to come on all of my devices for all of my growing kids.

I like that my daughter can read it herself, read along with it, or even have it read to her. When she first started playing it, she would just let it read to her, but now she tries to read it herself. If she gets stuck on a word, she can touch it to see what it says, encouraging her to read without daddy needing to be pestered constantly (which is a secret bonus for me). Also, because of the different reading options, it encourages her to read more often.

The narrator in each of these stories is clear and concise, often reading them in the same tone of voice and pacing as I would normally read them to my kids. The sound effects add, never take away, and logically feel right. Almost everything on the screen is touchable, so it encourages exploration within the apps. I'm even guilty of being stuck in a few of the pages, searching for new things to touch, hahaha.

VERY good purchase, great company (that doesn't encourage in-app purchasing every other word... this is a complete package), and a solid app that we will honestly use for years to come, unlike most that you delete after a few months. Dr Suess on the cheap, but extremely worth the money!!
on March 15, 2012
I'm not much for reviews but this has quickly become my 3yr old grandson's favorite. He loves to turn it on and have it read to him. The voices and inflections work perfectly. He has several other similar books, but none he loves like this.
on December 1, 2011
I wish I had known about this sooner because it doesn't show up when searching for Children's books--you need to be looking in the app store. This is much better than a plain book and has really kept my 6-year old daughter's interest in learning to read. She used the "Read to Me" option first and now likes to read it herself with help from time to time on certain words. It is so handy that she can just touch the word in order to hear it spoken. I plan on getting all of these Dr. Seuss apps for her to read. Well worth it.
on March 25, 2012
All of these dr seuss books could benefit by an option to shorten the delay between page turns and dialog. It's painfully slow how the book is read sometimes. The dialog is great, but the "dead air" is too long and annoying.
on December 27, 2012
I would recommend this to anyone who has children and love to read Dr. Seuss books. It has 3 different options where you can have it auto-play the book, or read to you and has interaction on the pages, or read it yourself. I really enjoy the interaction parts where you can use it. It makes reading fun for kids.
on November 20, 2011
Art is as good as the paperback. If voice is on, has different voices for the characters, which is great. The extra ability to touch objects in the book and have the word appear and be read is also a fun learning tool. Great on kindle fire, and I will be purchasing more from oceanhouse!