5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both parents & kids!
Published on January 18, 2007 by JiveTurkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the cd, but I'm not thrilled with the performances.
Published on February 8, 2008 by Loving Mommy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both parents & kids!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss (Audio CD)
My son (4 1/2 yrs) asks to listen to this every time we get in the car. The narration is wonderful, with a soothing rhythmic quality. Our favorite is the Jason Alexander's rousing version of Green Eggs & Ham, and his reading of the ABC's (there's a sneeze at the letter "K" which threw my 22 month old into hysterics. I've never seen a baby laugh so hard. To this day it makes him to laugh every time). David Hyde Pierce is great at the tongue twisters, which is why I guess most of those stories are read by him. The Michael McKeaon ones are a little weak, however we don't currently have the books that he reads, so it just may be that we're not familiar with those stories. These stories seem to make whatever ride we're going on that much shorter. There's also been many times when we've arrived at our destination & my oldest son will ask to stay in the car until the story is over.

And as for the other reviewer saying this CD is as boring as an insurance seminar.....I currently am going to school for my insurance license & I can assure you the CD is most certainly not boring. The insurance classes on the other hand......

5.0 out of 5 stars Seuss without the Tang-Tonguelers, February 21, 2004
If you've wearied of Green Eggs and Ham and Sam-I-Am, and would rather not Hop on Pop, you'll be grateful for this CD set with lively readings of the kid-favorites by familiar voices like Jason Alexander, David Hyde Pierce, and Michael McKean. For young readers, pair them up with the books to follow along and VOILA! Instant Readers! this year is Dr. Seuss's 100th birthday!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Parents and Seuss Collectors!, June 16, 2004
By A Customer
This is a terrific audio CD of our Dr. Seuss favorites. My sons love to read along in the car and at home. The celebrity readings are great to listen to. Even my husband and I listen in the car, long after the kids have dozed off. Don't miss out on this collection. Well worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the cd, but I'm not thrilled with the performances., February 8, 2008
Loving Mommy (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
My two-year-old son and I have a lot of fun listening to some of our favorite stories in the car, but the performances are a little lackluster. I think Jason Alexander puts the most into his performances, but David Hyde Pierce and Michael McKean are just okay. In fact, since they are the only three voices on the cd, I get a little tired of them. But overall, the cd is enjoyable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Material is great, readers not so much, January 23, 2011
CJA (Frisco, Texas) - See all my reviews
I had high hopes for this based on Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat and Other Favorites. That set is absolutely wonderful with amazing voice talent. These readers, however, aren't as good, but that makes sense since the actors used (David Hyde Pierce, Jason Alexander, Michael McKean) while entertaining on tv, don't compare talent-wise to Dustin Hoffman, Walter Matthau, John Lithgow, Billy Crystal, etc.

My advice is to pass on this set and get the other. If you already have it and your kids want more Seuss, be prepared that this set isn't as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Suess for when you're Seussed-out, August 22, 2010
I purchased this and "The Cat in The Hat" CD and they are the B-E-S-T thing I've picked up in a long time. My son loves reading and being read to, esp. Dr. Seuss, and these come in handy after I've read the 10th... 12th... 14th book with him that day. He plays these at least 3x every day. The voices (all well known actors) are very well suited to the stories they read and give a great alternative style to "mom's". Plus with 2 CDs in each collection my son never gets bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Dr. Seuss Audio..., June 26, 2014
Stories Featured:

Green Eggs and Ham
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
I Am NOT Going to Get Up Today!
Oh Say Can You Say?
Fox in Socks
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
Hop on Pop
Dr. Seuss's ABC

In this fine collection, my favorite story is Dr. Seuss's ABC. It's nice to see that such an effort was put into making this audio book and properly making up for the lack of animation that is just natural with sound. That lack is more than made up for with creative background sounds and narrators, like Jason Alexander, who read the popular tales with flare and animation in their voices. This is a fine collection to own for anyone who wants to hear the sounds of Dr. Seuss. I'm sure Dr. Seuss himself would be quite proud. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Eggs and Ham, February 16, 2014
Tammy Manges (Independence, MO, US) - See all my reviews
Dr. Seuss' most beloved book come to life on a CD. What more could I ask for my students to listen to?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great old school story., October 27, 2013
I have always liked Dr. Seuss even as a little girl but, unfortunately my parents NEVER bought us any books, except for the set of books my grandmother gave me. I bought this for Early Childhood Education courses that I was taking in college. Since then I change my major.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with preschool autism!, June 12, 2013
The kids love it! The music in the background makes such a difference with entertaining and retaining attention during circle time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss
Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss by Dr. Seuss (Audio CD - October 14, 2003)
$19.99 $14.03