- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
• Compares and describes all of the top green technologies that can supply our future electrical energy in a single volume
• Provides essential background knowledge for librarians and teachers and a spark for student inquiry and further reading
• Includes a description of each technology and a detailed list of the current projects and developments using that specific energy system
• Contains practical, fun, and enlightening classroom projects and activities that do not require specialized equipment
• Suggests a low or no-cost activity, research project, or demonstration that students can undertake for each energy technology topic
• Contains content specifically written for intermediate and middle school audiences
• Provides inquiry and discussion questions to engage students' critical thinking skills
• Includes a list of "For Further Reading" suggestions with every entry
Each year, our electricity demands increase with the proliferation of devices that all depend on electricity—computers, cell phones, microwave ovens, electric cars, home entertainment. However, the industry that generates electricity in the United States is the single greatest polluter and source of greenhouse gases. Which green technologies can meet our expanding needs for power?