Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

85%
15%

on October 15, 2000
I read an Anne of Green Gables many, many years ago and immediatly fell in love. At once, I went out and bought the entire series, loving each book more than the one before. This is a line of books I would highly recommend to anyone, of any age. It is truly my favorite set of books. No matter how many times I have read it...and my first copy had fallen apart years ago...I laugh and cry just as hard as I did the first time. Anne of Green Gables 2, or Anne's House of Dreams, is a wonderful story of a couple just starting out in marriage. Moving from their friendly town of Avonlea, they started out anew, in a little cottage by the seashore. Gilbert, Anne's husband, is a young doctor, beginning his practice. They make many new friends, each more interesting than the last. There is even a mystery to unravel in their midst! Romance galore, love, friendship and dreams unfold before our eyes. Even when we read of their tragedies, we hurt along with them, feeling their pain. That is how well this book is written. Read it, enjoy it and buy the whole set. You will never regret it!
The "Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set Volume Two" contains novels four, five, and six of the popular series about a redhaired, imaginative orphan. Author L.M. Montgomery set these three novels in Prince Edward Island, Canada, her home for much of her life.

In "Anne of Windy Populars", Anne, fresh from college, is newly engaged to lifelong friend and admirer Gilbert Blythe. Gilbert is off to three years of medical school. In the interim, Anne will take up duties as principal and teacher at a school in Summerside, Prince Edward Island. Anne will make new friends, navigate some small town rivalries, and perhaps change a few lives.

In "Anne's House of Dreams", she and Gllbert are finally wed, and set up housekeeping in the small village of Glen Saint Mary. There, she and Gilbert will get to know interesting new friends and neighbors, and experience the joys and sorrows of marriage and young parenthood.

In "Anne of Ingleside", an older Anne and Gilbert are raising their five children in their new home, "Ingleside." Much of this book is about the children, but Anne and Gilbert will work through the challenges of a mature marriage and a mid-life crisis.

"Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set Volume Two" is very highly recommended to parents looking for worthy reading material for their children, and to fans of Anne of any age. L.M. Montgomery's honest prose superbly captures her time, place, and characters, especially the irresistable Anne, in an enchanting Prince Edward Island setting.
on October 16, 2012
I bought this book for my mom. She likes nice stories that don't have icky, nasty stuff in them. She also doesn't like heavy literature. So this series is great for my mom. It's not just for young girls!
on October 12, 2014
Good to enjoy as a light reading.

At first, Anne might seem too talkative . . .

But after finishing this book, certainly I became a big fan of Anne.   At her honesty,sincerity,conscience.

And I'm sure that every reader will become as well.

Strongly recommended , especially for young people such as junior- & high-school students.

Anne tells us what is most important in life . . . Not to be missed by the youth of today.
Comment | Permalink
on January 13, 2013
There is a quiet loveliness about the Anne of Green Gables series that delights the heart, no matter what age you are. Adventure, laughter, tears, all presented in a family friendly reading, great for reading out loud to kids at school or at home.
on August 15, 2001
This was a great book. I loved it very much. It feels like it is true when u r reading it. It brings u 2 a different time, maybe @ a different place. In this book u learn of many new people that Anne and Gilbert Blythe meet. They learn of the past in these peoples lives and meet "kindred Spirits." I greatly enjoyed this book. I recommend it 2 anyone who has an imagination.
on June 12, 2011
Read this seaies a few years ago. Absolutly wonderful writting. L.M. Montgomery wrote well. I will definately recomend for anyone with any young girls in their family.
on August 9, 2013
Had to have more of the continuing saga of Ann and all her friends. Fun way to spend a hot summer day, reading these enchanting stories from the past.
on February 26, 2010
This was a great deal for these books and we received them very quickly in perfect condition.
on September 15, 2014
Childhood classic. I bought this set for my 10-year-old daughter. She read through them in a month! Beloved children's series.