Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them Hardcover – March 22, 2009
|New from||Used from|
2016 Book Awards
Browse award-winning titles. See all 2016 winners
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
The environmental movement has cultivated a warm and fuzzy public image, but behind the smiley-face rhetoric of "sustainability" and "conservation" lies a dark agenda. The Greens aim to regulate your behavior, downsize your lifestyle, and invade the most intimate aspects of your personal life.In this stunning exposé, Steve Milloy unveils the authoritarian impulse underlying the Green crusade. Whether they're demanding that you turn down your thermostat, stop driving your car, or engage in some other senseless act of self-denial, the Greens are envisioning a grim future for you marked by endless privation.
Steamrolling nearly all opposition with its apocalyptic predictions of environmental doom, the Green movement has gained influence throughout American society--from schools and local planning boards to the biggest corporations in the country. And their plans are much more ambitious than you think, says Milloy. What the Greens really seek, with increasing success, is to dictate the very parameters of your daily life--where you can live, what transportation you can use, what you can eat, and even how many children you can have.
Citing the tactics and goals of Green groups as explained by their own activists and leaders, Green Hell demonstrates:* How Green pressure campaigns threaten the safety of your home and your car, and public health overall
* Why the election of President Obama portends a giant leap forward for coercive Green policies
* Why Greens obstruct the use of all forms of energy--even the renewable sources they tout to the public
* How wealthy Green elites stand to profit fabulously from the restrictions and regulations they seek to impose on the rest of us
* How Green pressure campaigns are hamstringing the military and endangering our national security
* Why big business is not only knuckling under to the Greens, but is aggressively promoting the green agenda to the detriment of its own stockholders
* What you can do to help stop the great Green machine
A one-of-a-kind, comprehensive takedown of the entire environmental movement, Green Hell will open your eyes to a looming threat to our economy, our civil liberties, and the entire American way of life.
From the Back Cover
"Green Hell explains why Americans can't afford to fall for Al Gore's `the debate is over' line on global warming. While we're all for the environment, Green Hell explains why we need to oppose the environmentalists."
--Fred Barnes, Executive Editor, the Weekly Standard
--Steve Forbes, President and Chief Executive Officer of Forbes
"Regardless of whether you believe global warming is a fraud, the fact is that the current depression, the past spike in oil prices, and the coming technology of electric cars are all going to solve whatever problem exists. Liberals want to use climate change as an excuse to take over the economy and regulate everything and this book exposes their plans."
--Dick Morris, FOX News commentator and former political consultant to Bill Clinton
--VACLAV KLAUS, President of the European Union and President of the Czech Republic
"Free market capitalism is still the best path to prosperity. Green Hell is a must-read for anyone who wants to keep America on that path and away from Soviet-style command-and-control environmentalism."
--Larry Kudlow, Host, CNBC's The Kudlow Report
Top Customer Reviews
Today, the political left is "green" and their main complaint is not that capitalism produces poverty. They know capitalism produces affluence. And they oppose it. Americans, they complain, consume "too much" and need to make do with less, because the planet is threatened by a whole host of potential ills that require we act now, regardless of the cost. Global warming is only the latest of their concerns, having replaced the completely discredited 'population bomb' threatened in the late 1960s. And their proposed solutions, outlined in their own words, are truly frightening. The old left proposals did not produce affluence, but the new "green" proposals will surely accomplish their goal of impoverishing people if they have their way and increasingly, as Green Hell author Steve Milloy warns, they are.Read more ›
Large grant suppliers give massive amounts of money to colleges and universities to pay off these so-called scientists to swear by the CO2 caused global warming when in fact they all know that it is impossible for that to happen at 380 parts per million. It would take 500 times that concentration for CO2 to even come close to 10% of the greenhouse gas effect of water vapor that occurs each night as the sun goes down to prevent the nighttime temperatures from going to 65 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.
Steve Milloy sounds a wake up call for all Americans here! If you want to wake up someday and find that some Federal Judge just shut down the electricity to your home and business because the natural gas power plant that supplies it to you has somehow ENDANGERED some useless critter somewhere, then go back asleep! Then you can wake up the next month and find your brownout ridden electrical service is costing you 10 times what it did in 2008!
1. Deceptive. The Greens present one face in public which states that the Green agenda would not effect the prosperity of the country and the world. In their small true believer journals the Greens speak differently. There the green agenda means great changes in the society and reduced living standards.
2. Against all energy production. The Greens are not only opposed to the use of hydrocarbon fuels because of the global warming hoax. The Greens also fight nuclear power and hydroelectric dams. And the Greens often times oppose renewable energy. Thus the Greens are against energy production, the engine of prosperity and well being.
3. Anti-Science. The Greens work to ignore and silence scientific facts that refute their arguments. They consistently try to label opposing scientists as energy company stooges whose arguments should be ignored. Moreover the Greens often propound false science such as th hockey stick graph of the temperature of the earth.
4. Repressive. The Greens want to reduce the mobility and living standards of Americans. Moreover many Greens oppose political freedom and try to replace freedom of speech with censorship.
5. Hypocritical. The Greens often preach consumer frugality. However Green leaders such as Al Gore live in luxury and try to make millions of dollars from carbon rationing schemes.
6. Lust for power. Greens want to control the life of everyone in America and on the planet.
7.Read more ›
This book shows you the Green rationale, how they have gained power, how they use their power, and how they intend to put you back to walking or riding a bike as much as they can. You will also learn about the way they have created an artificial energy shortage, a fresh water crisis, and the coming push to get you on a purely vegetarian diet. Really. Yes, really.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good book. Should be part of your library. Do you take hot showers? Do you fly airplanes or drive a car? Read morePublished 3 months ago by Tony Meyer
Points out what greens are unwilling to discuss because, after all, the science is settled. Yeah, right.Published 9 months ago by Terry W. Donze
I am trying to help maintain the habitability of earth for humanity, not trying to "control" people. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Peter Kirkup
I detected a 'hint' of bias throughout the book. could be because the author of this book is the Director at a major fossil fuel enterprise. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Tim
Having worked in environmental investigation and cleanup for many years, I have learned that many if not most of our environmental laws are not only overkill, but frequently... Read morePublished 19 months ago by J. Kennon Ledbetter