Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Green Hornet
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on December 27, 2011
As soon as I saw the ratings this movie was getting, I guessed it had probably not adhered to the expectations of comic fans and fans of the original movies or series, and a quick scan of the reviews showed me I had guessed right. Although I love superheroes and comics in general, I knew nothing about the Green Hornet when I hit the theater, and I absolutely loved it. Most of all, I loved Kato. I remember telling my friend that this sidekick finally managed to break all the stereotypes. He was no longer an asexual, lesser sucker-upper. I also know most men drool after Bruce Lee, but as a grown-up woman who never really quite managed to get into him, I have to say Jay Chou has all the charisma for which I had kept searching in Lee. This was by all means Chou's movie.
As a viewer without any canonic expectations, this movie had me laughing from beginning to end. It was a breath of fresh air and a break from a lot of superhero stereotyping. I came to Amazon quite decided to purchase it.
I would say, if you are an original fan, beware. It seems very unlikely that you will enjoy it. If you, like me, love superheroes but this is your first time meeting the Green Hornet, I'm quite sure you will love this movie. We can all go and read the seemingly darker, truer version after we fall in love with Chou and start looking out for his next movies and music releases.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
This Blu-Ray movie arrived on time and intact, with no damage to either the disc or the case that the disc came in. Picture, sound and features playback is superb. I would recommend this Blu-Ray movie, to anyone who purchases it online from amazon.com.
on July 16, 2013
This is still in the package, after many months of staring at this dvd I think maybe I will watch it. Probably not. I was so excited that I bought a 3d tv that I had to have any 3d dvd's and this was one of my only options. I have looked at it since just not really interested in watching it or anyother 3d movies. Funny how that worked. Had to have a 3d tv though. LOL
on May 4, 2013
Even though I thought that Kato carried most of the movie's intrest-The Green Hornet pulls it out of the fire at the last minute and rifels the movie though what I would assume, a Green Hornet Part Two?? We'll see. Anyways a good film and lot's of excitement!!
I give it a five star rating. Way Kool-:)
on December 7, 2012
I'm not going to lie. I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this movie and I had never seen it before purchasing it. But I was pleasantly surprised after watching it. There are some really cool 3D scenes in this movie that made it worth the money.
on February 10, 2015
Wow! The entire package kicks ass & takes names. So where to begin...?

Well for starters - the movie itself is done with a perfect balance of action and humor. Where this mix is concerned - GREEN HORNET is flawless. Funny and dramatically engaging at the same time.

The key elements of The Green Hornet translate nicely into the 21st century world. Seth Rogen's humorous interpretation of the classic super hero is refreshing and genius in its delivery.

For a Saturday-matinee style action comedy, there's a rich investment in the characters. We love them. And while we're often laughing at the comic relief in Seth Rogen's cleverly-written script, we're equally serious about wanting (indeed "eager for") our heroes to win over the villains.

Speaking of whom - Christoph Waltz. Need I say more? Superbly evil, and delivers brilliantly. Great villain.

Everyone in this film is perfect.

The special effects are over-the-top and extravagant, yet believable to the eye. Visually speaking - the Opening and End Credits are a genuine pleasure to watch. The photography (lighting, frame, etc) and editing are extremely high-end, and technically speaking the producers have a great handle on it. Comparable in this way to any other well filmed eye candy done in the last 10 years.

For those of us (the six of us) who enjoy Director's Commentary - Green Hornet will not disappoint. (For those who don't know - there are plenty of bad commentaries out there, but GREEN HORNET commentary is quite good!)

This disc also comes with hours of behind-the-scenes footage - not all of which I've seen yet. It looks extremely good though.

Long story short - this is one excellent DVD, and I recommend it whole-heartedly!
on December 12, 2011
I was interested in seeing this film remembering the prior work of the late Bruce Lee in the role of Kato. Bruce was very good in the martial arts and onscreen presence. Jay Chou was great in the role of Kato. His onscreen presence was pretty impacting and did work well with Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet. The film has good intensity and action and it flows well.
on September 3, 2013
My husband likes superhero movies and was a big fan of comic books. We thought we were getting the original Green Hornet movie. This wasn't the original, but we both enjoyed watching it. We love comedy as well as action movies and this one had both. Neither of us have ever cared much for any remake's of any movies, but this one definitely surprised us. It really was good.
on May 1, 2011
The movie was really funny and interesting. The action was so cool it gave me chills on multiple occasions both times I saw it in theaters. I truly don't understand why it got panned by everybody.
If you don't like it, Amazon will refund your money. I guarantee it.
on October 16, 2013
Seth Rogen's first appearance in a movie after he lost all that weight and he's very funny in this role and the new asian guy isnt a name i know from martial arts movies but he's awesome and I wish him a good movie career. The villain was a little corny but i think that this was definitely used well here. he's the same actor who is a main character in django unchained and because of this movie and django he's one of my favorite actors now. If you like a combo of martial arts and comic book movie this is it for you.