Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Lantern: First Flight [Blu-ray]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on September 9, 2013
It does seem to be one of the most fluid in terms of animation but the story is highly predictable. Guardians are shown as boring and lacking simple logic. The 2 disk special edition is nothing worth mentioning, that second disk is easily forgotten. The only cool thing is the cover and that has it's limits. Luckily, enough years have passed so that you can get it cheap enough to not regret it instantly. Compared to DC movies in 2013, it's for children 6 and under.
on July 23, 2014
this is an amazing film !!! shame that the team behing the live action film didn't pay attention to this ..this is one of my fav. films from dc animated ever!! I loved the animation and the character design that they used here , this style its becoming a symbol for dc and im glad they keep doing it .Badass movie !!!
on December 16, 2014
I've always been a fan of the DC movies, every since my dad and I watched them when I was just a kid. They remain extremely entertaining to me over a decade later.

I've never read the comics, but from what I understand, the movies stick very close to them. This particular story was very intriguing. I always liked the Green Lantern, but never really knew Hal Jordan's character. My only issue was the intro seemed really rushed. Hal gets the ring, and is apparently really fluent with it, with no training (montage anyone?) or anything. Regardless, the story was packed with action, with a good twist at the end.

One thing I've noticed is that the DC movies seem a little more brutal and violent then when I was younger. I don't know if I just pay more attention now, or if it really has changed, either way, I still enjoy the movies.
on August 1, 2015
Lantern origin story. Always love the intergalactic space police aspect --- this is science fiction at its best, really. We learn about the Corp through Hal Jordan's rookie training. The one thing that always gets me is that the main Lantern (there have been so many) is never someone that really clicks for me. Despite trying to redeem the character, Hal Jordan has always been kind of an a$$ and I can never really warm up to him. Still, I tend to like the other Lanterns and it keeps me coming back for more.
on December 7, 2009
I rented this movie and liked it enough to buy a copy. What I liked most about this movie, was that it hit upon the theme of Hal Jordan becomming one of the greatest lanterns through his grit and determination. There is even a scene where he must survive without his ring. I just felt the movie captured that key point of him being a hero regardless of the humongous power and responsibility placed upon him. I also liked how it showed his resourcefulness as a "mere" human, reminiscent of the Flash Gordon theme. All in all I felt it also had a decent use of humor and drama. Artwork and story were all good to me...
on April 23, 2012
This is a good animated movie, especially if you're a Green Lantern fan... but that's about it. From the reviews read here and on other sites, I was a little let down from high expectations. Probably just another casualty of a WB mandate to keep everything under 80 minutes, but it just doesn't deliver any higher than good. I found nothing special about Hal Jordan, why the ring deemed him worthy, how he was able to master it's use immediately, etc. The threat and progression to the villain were nothing very original, but understandable... and well OK. I'm guessing the accolades may be due to use of tone/action grittier than most animated fare of this genre. This movie is leaps and bounds ahead of the horrendous live action film with Ryan Reynolds, but both films left me feeling they'd both be more interesting/enjoyable with the Jon Stewart character (so admirably portrayed in the JL animated series).
on December 29, 2015
This movie was so much better than the live action Green Lantern that it was ridiculous. It had a far better story, and Christopher Meloni's voice alone was way better than Ryan Reynolds. If you're debating buying this or the live action one, no contest, this is the better one.
on June 30, 2013
When I first started watching Green Lanter: First Flight, I found myself a little underwhelmed as to how quickly Hal learned to master the use of the ring. This is the one instances where I feel that Hal learning how to control the ring in the Ryan Reynolds movie, was executed better than in the animated one. But that is the ONLY exception to the rule.

But then Sinestro showed up, and that's when things really started kickin' into gear. Instead of focusing on Hal learning how to use the ring, the movie instead decided to focus on the birth of Sinestro and his yellow power. There were times in this movie where I was in complete shock, when all the green lantern rings came back to the homeworld, I was like... "no way." Sinestro had killed almost a hundred lantern in one fell swoop and it was really shocking to watch.

Even though you know the good guys always win, the movie kept you on the edge of your seat wondering HOW the good guys were going to win. There was no Deus Ex machina to save the day, it was all Hal and his friend Kilowogg. My only complaint for this movie would be that Hal was kind of bland. Even though he had some great one-liners like, "I just learned this thing yesterday." He just didn't feel memorable.

Either way, this is definitely a fun movie to watch for a boring Saturday.
on February 27, 2014
I am not the hugest Green Lantern fan but I loved this movie all the same. It starts off with a good plot which will help me get over just about any dislike of a character. There's a good amount of character development for Green Lantern Hal Jordan as well. You get to see more of the Green Lantern Corp. and not just the 'main character.' I think the plot had some great twists and although the ending was kinda cheesy the movie itself as a whole was a good experience.

I also want to state this is definitely not a kids show. There is blood and death so I wouldn't recommend it for young kids, like under 13.
on June 17, 2015
I'm more of a Batman fan than Green Lantern, but thoroughly enjoy this storyline. Its a great introduction to Green Lantern, and his calling as a superhero. Decent animation quality, good storyline and writing, okay bonus features.