5.0 out of 5 stars I See The Light!
Published on September 28, 2010 by J. Yeager

1.0 out of 5 stars This is book is more like a Magazine Article
Published on September 17, 2011 by Alejandro A

5.0 out of 5 stars I See The Light!, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
I see the light! And thanks to the book Green Lighting, by Brian Clark Howard, Seth Leitman, and William Brinsky, it's costing me less and it's easier on Mother Earth than ever before. I'm a huge fan of do-it-yourself projects, but most DIY books devote, at most, a chapter to lighting and barely a word to eco-friendly lighting options. Green Lighting provides easy to follow instructions and contains a mega-wattage of supporting materials and additional resources. Well researched and organized, Green Lighting helps readers understand not just how to incorporate green lighting into their lives, but why it makes so much environmental and economic sense to do so. This book will pay for itself over and over again, every month when you get your incredible shrinking electrical bill. Unless you're Amish, you need to read this book today.

Jeff Yeager
Author, The Cheapskate Next Door and The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches

5.0 out of 5 stars 6,700,000,000 light bulbs, September 15, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
I'll admit I'm biased because our anti-nuclear organization Rock The Reactors contributed research and assistance to the development of this book. So rather than write a glowing review, let me repost this comment I read on the Huffington Post recently, written by a blogger who goes by akvdh1:

"The biggest and quickest savings comes from wasteful energy inefficient lighting that accounts for 23 percent of all electricity consumption. 6,700,000,000 light bulbs and fixtures screaming to be replaced with energy efficient LED, OLED and better building designs to add natural light in retrofit and new buildings."

That should make enough of a case to suggest this book to all the boutiques, salons, spas, galleries, restaurants, nightclubs, hotels, factories, showrooms, homes and schools you can find, ask them to pick up a copy of this amazing book so we can kick off the LED revolution!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read! Helped me convince my wife to make the switch to LED's, September 14, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
I've been wanting to upgrade my house to LED's for the last year or so. However, my wife was not willing to let me spend the money I needed to get the best units. In part of my research, I bought this book about "Green Lighting" and it was just fascinating to read through it. Because of this book, I was able to convince my wife that it would be a wise move and also a great eco-choice. If you're interested in learning about green lighting, I would highly recommend this book. It will tell you everything you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for updating your home, September 14, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
This is a topic very near to my heart, so it's great to see people out there creating relevant literature and how-tos for green living. Getting the lighting in my apartment building converted to much, much more "green" levels would really be great, so I am passing this along to my landlord as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living more Lightly, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
Wonderful resource for navigating exciting new options for lightening one's impact and illuminating the immediate environment at the same time. I travel a lot, and this book will help me choose smart little LEDs as gifts for the people who host me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Blend of Form and Function, October 13, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
Brian Howard does a great job giving you the details and reasons "why" eco-friendly lighting is important, but also goes the extra mile beyond just providing data. This book helps dispel popular green lighting myths while also providing handy tips to help you save money, energy, and the environment....all through lighting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the light, October 1, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
I'm a huge huge fan of DIY projects, and this book was close to my heart. Thanks for the info!

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Lighting, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
After a couple of hours, I feel like I am able to speak intelligently about lighting. Better yet I know what to do for my own home and business to get the best bang for my buck, without feeling like I'm being sold a line of goods from a counter salperson who is out to find the highest proit margin for the bottom line. This one is going out to all of my friends...thanks for something truly usefull.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is book is more like a Magazine Article, September 17, 2011
One hour in google or wikipedia will give you the same information than this book. It's more like a magazine article-of-the-month kind of thing. For me, this is not a book, as it doesn't add any special information or a unique structured recollection of information on the topic. I would't recommend it if you already know the basics of lighting, or if you are good at finding quality information on google.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Resource for Professional as well as Amateur Green Lighting Enthusiasts, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) (Paperback)
Green Lighting - How Energy-Efficient Lighting Can Save You Energy and Money and Reduce Your Carbon Footprint is an excellent book by Brian Clark Howard, William J. Brinsky, and Seth Leitman. Brian Clark Howard, the renowned print and web media editor with a passion for Environmentally Friendly Living has written this book with Bill Brinsky, an expert in designing and upgrading efficient energy and lighting systems, and Seth Leitman, the President of ETS Energy Store, LLC - seller of organic, natural and sustainable products.

The authors take a comprehensive approach to energy efficient lighting and upgrades... they review the history and technology of various lighting technologies, such as Incandescent, Fluorescent, Light Emitting Diodes (LED). In addition, they review all types of fixtures and controls - the focus throughout the book is to help reduce energy consumption, optimizing lighting resources including day lighting and daylight harvesting through use of photo sensors.

This book is rich with ideas to reduce energy consumption: 1) in a current incandescent environment through use of dimmers and timers, 2) by upgrading or replacing incandescent, halogen, fluorescent and gas discharge lighting with LED lighting, 3) through hard upgrades as adding solar panels, skylights/ daylight harvesting, solar outdoor lighting and much more. If you are looking for a serious, no-nonsense approach to environmentally friendly new lighting technologies, this is the book you need.

I recommend this book for any energy or lighting professional or the environment conscious consumer who wants reduce own or community's carbon footprint. Almost every chapter is geared not only for personal/household but also businesses. A great energy and lighting education resource if you want to increase awareness and organize your community to increase use of renewable energy and energy efficient lighting technologies.

Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides)
Green Lighting (Tab Green Guru Guides) by Seth Leitman (Paperback - September 3, 2010)
$27.00 $13.50