Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on December 2, 2015
I believe this book set got more hype than the actual read quality. The first two books were the same idea... nerds that fall for girls out of their league, the 4th book was sad and depressing, as I use to work in oncology I know first hand.

The only one I truly like was paper towns, still the same premises of nerds and hott girls, but at least I got a few laughs at the comic relief in the writing. Overall I would not recommend it to my friends.
on March 14, 2016
I fell in love with the fault in our stars. It was such a touching story and so beautifully written that I figured that I would love John Greens other books. This was not the case. The main character of An Abundance of Katherines was so annoying it was extremely hard for me to finish the book. While the other two were not as awful I definitely would not say that I liked them and I would definitely not reccomend them.
on December 3, 2014
2 signed books, so many tears and 2 in this set are getting (or have been made into) movies. I'm so proud of John's success! 5/5 slices of pizza! Get it now, put it on your head and DFTBA!
Best Wishes!
on September 16, 2014
In the last couple of months I read all four of the John Green novels included in this "collection." I'm a big fan of "young adult fiction" and John Green is a master. All four (Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, and The Fault in Our Stars) have terrific casts of teenage characters and their parents and really interesting narratives about the trials and tribulations of being bright, awkward, thoughtful, risk-taking teenage beings. John Green doesn't sugar-coat the realities. But his sense of humor, wit, and irreverence make for a wonderful read regardless of the outcome. I'm a fan. (And I'm 70 years old.)
on April 23, 2014
I am giving a five star rating for the collection, not for all the books themselves. The collection is pretty cool. When I received it I was excited. I was expecting only TFIOS to be signed, but "Looking for Alaska" was also signed. After reading all the books this was awesome since those two are my favorite books out of the 4. The books themselves I rank as

1. Looking for Alaska
2. The Fault in our Stars
3. An Abundance of Katherines
4. Paper Towns

Looking for Alaska was my favorite because of the emotional roller coaster that was involved. It seems raw and real.

The Fault in Our Stars has that same quality. I just liked the story of Looking for Alaska better. This book was also difficult for me to read since my mother passed away May 16, 2013 from cancer.

An Abundance of Katherines does not have that same quality of rawness that the previous 2 did. I did however love the footnotes that added to the comical and nerdy side of the book.

Lastly, Paper Towns, I did not feel that what happened in the book was plausible. That is the main reason for my ranking. The other reasons are that, compared to the other books and definitely compared to the first two on my list, this book seemed the most juvenile. It is indeed for Young Adult readers, but some of the other books had very grown up situations.
on November 16, 2014
A friend recommended one of the books in the set. I had never heard of this writer, but after finishing "The fault in our stars" I heartily recommend him. I bought all 4 books thinking that if they were a series I would have them all. They are not a series, but John Green's writing is very down to earth, touching, and handles the subject of teen age cancer victims with grace, humor, and love.
on June 12, 2015
So can I just say I freaked out a little bit when I got this. I bought a signed box set and was so freaking excited when I opened The Fault in Our Stars to find a Hanklerfish in addition to the signature!! I immediately texted my fellow nerdfighter college roommate about it and we proceeded to nerd out together. The books are amazing as expected with any John Green book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2014
This is a rare tale of true love but also real unabandoned love. I appreciate the writers realism in addressing cancer and death and also the humanity in giving the characters obsessions. I recommend this book to any realist who needs a love story and to any dreamer who appreciated the realism of a great love story. The fault is in not reading this story and getting a greater appreciation for our infinities.
on January 15, 2014
I fell in love with John Green, told my students about him, and these books have been circulated widely this year. What I really love about his books: no two are alike. I mean, if you read an author and read another book by that author...you pretty much know what you're going to get with the style of writing. Not with John Green. One book might be from a girl's point of view, another from a boy's point of view, and you don't really know it's the same author. What you do know is that you LOVE this author and some of the brilliant lines just have to be shared....and you can't put the book down. One of the books was autographed, and that's awesome. John Green is amazing.
on May 1, 2013
I was expecting a gorgeous, good quality box, containing four marvelous hardcover books -- two of which (LFA and TFiOS) autographed -- and that's quite what I received.
What a surreal thing it is to own books that were handled by their author himself!
If you're considering the purchase of this book, I'm assuming you're familiar with Green's work already. But just in case I'm wrong, let me give you a brief description of what I love about him.
I love how Green deviates from the literary cliches of the genre, how realistic his dialogue is, and how amazing his philosophical insights are -- yes, there's good, refreshing philosophy in it! Oh, and loads of humour too! (The ability to question our world philosophically and that to lead our lives in a humourous way are two strong signs of wit, in my opinion.)
And what to expect of a story if not well-penned characters, a compelling plot, refreshing dialogue with a pinch of philosophy to top it all?