Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Mountain Coffee Double Black Diamond, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 7, 2012
We're comfortable being honest are we not? Cool, so I have a coffee problem, I'm OK admitting that to you. And with that affliction comes the experience of having consumed a crap-load of coffee from all over, K-cups and otherwise. In the end, Highlander-esque, there can be only one, and the Double Black Diamond is that coffee. This is the untouchable, best Keurig coffee that I have ever encountered and I am relatively sure that once or twice while drinking it I experienced the mythical Quickening.

Buy it, don't buy it, I don't care, just get out of my way so I can keep drinking it. I just want to die with the taste of it on my lips.
1313 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2011
I have tried lots of the bold coffees from different makers and this is my favorite. It is really dark and smooth. I love french press coffee but hate the mess. This is the first K cup that has been the equivalent of that and I love it. I highly recommend it!
on May 29, 2011
There's a Keurig machine at my new job, and they have a couple varieties of K cups that I haven't seen in local stores or wholesale clubs. My favorite, easily, of these is "Double Black Diamond", the darkest, boldest coffee offered by Green Mountain. So I checked for prices on-line. I was psyched to find this box of 50 for a reasonable 57 cents each or so delivered to my doorstep. I ordered on Wednesday, and the coffee showed up Saturday morning in time for brunch. Hooray to Green Mountain and Amazon. We'll be ordering more soon.
on July 20, 2011
My wife and I have been a little frustrated with our Kuerig coffee maker because we want a big mug of bold taste and several coffees just come out weak! Not this Double Black Diamond from Green Mountain! If you like bold flavor, you'll love this brew!
on June 27, 2011
Coffee is my favorite drug and the first 2 cups in the morning better wake me up. This is one of my favorites to enjoy first thing every day. It's strong, smooth, and doesn't upset my stomach because it's not bitter. I usually get bored with the same coffee after a while, but this one never lets me down. Enjoy.
on December 22, 2009
My biggest gripe with the Keurig pods is that the coffee is too weak so I always try the bold varieties. I think I met my match with this one though. Its almost too strong for me. I take my coffee black and this one has just a hint of bitterness. I have to use the tallest coffee cup setting when I use this pod. Dont get me wrong...its a good cup of joe but for my taste I think I like the Emerill bold pods a tad better.

On the plus side you can often reuse this pod for a second cup as its strong enough to still make a good cup second time around.
on January 8, 2013
I am FULLY awake like all you coffee lovers out there and I have a love hate relationship with my Keurig coffeemaker on a lot of levels. I love the extreme convenience of the fresh one-cup-at-a-time Keurig coffeemaker but have never been happy with the K-cup selection of bold and extra bold coffees. All too weak for me. But I was drinking Turkish coffee when I was eight, and then espresso after that. I like it bold. So I have tried every single Extra Bold variety of K-cup on the market with mixed results. I found the Black Tiger dark roast to be an improvement but felt it had a burnt, flat aftertaste. Timothy's Midnight Magic & Rainforest Espresso were also pretty good but I had problems with many of the K-cups clogging.

FINALLY Green Mountain got it right with this one! If you love the taste of espresso and also find that most coffees are too weak for you, this is the one to try. I use it with the water at the middle of the dial or the second to smallest setting and it's perfect!

Another very good K-Cup is Green Mountain's Dark Magic. I stick to ordering both of these now, but if I had to choose only one, this would be my favorite. It's fierce, delicious, potent and wakes you up!

If you drink a lot of coffee, it's inevitable that you will get some faulty K-cups that clog and leak. One advantage of ordering directly from Keurig online is they WILL replace bad K-cups without question. I have had to contact them twice about some boxes with problems and they immediately sent a replacement box. You might want to compare prices.

Give this one a try. I'm on my second box of 96 and will continue to order here. If you REALLY love espresso get a NESPRESSO machine. The coffee pods are gourmet divine and only cost a little bit more than K-cups. The machine is fabulous, easy to clean and takes home coffee brewing to a sinful level.
on September 27, 2009
In my humble opinion as a life long coffee addict, this is the best K-Cup flavor available.
When drinking a cup of this you will be treated to a strong full coffee taste, without any bitterness.

I have tried many of the k-cup flavors and although there are other good ones, this one beats them all, hands down.
on February 25, 2010
Ive tried many KCups. I bought a Green Mountain Bold Variety pack and it had a few of these gems in it. This is some good, strong coffee. Might be overpowering for some people.
I recommend this to anyone who has been searching for a kcup that taste like REAL coffee. some of these kcups are so weak. i say giver it a shot or at least try the bold variety pack. their espresso blend s also very strong and Kenya-AA (all part of variety pack) but i liked this one over all.
on July 2, 2012
I found this blend to be among the strongest and best K-cups I have ever tried. It is strong enough for me to brew a regular cup and then use the same Kcup again at the small cup setting to fill up my travel cup. Never bitter, but very dark, rich and satisfying. I like to mix this with other k-cups such as Jet fuel, Italian roast, etc. If you like strong, non-bitter, dark rich coffee - try this.