Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Size: Gallon Zipper, 30-Count|Change

on November 23, 2012
This link tells us what bags to use that are compostable.
Look for ASTM D6400 certification on the box.

oxo-biodegradable is not really enviromental safe. The plastic breaks down to particles too small to see but it is still there.
Out of sight, out of mind technology.
Companies that compost trash for use in the yard, are not allowed to use products that do not meet certain standards, even though they are called biodegradable.
This is from Thurston County solid waste in WA State:

What kind of bag should I put in the compost/yard waste bin?
Use compostable bags only (not plastic bags). Compostable bags are made of organic material such as corn. The composting facility accepts only bags that are certified "ASTM D 6400-99." Examples include: BioBags, Al-Pack, Nature Friendly, and EcoSafe. Click here for more information. [...]
on May 1, 2013
The reason I purchased these bags is because the description online clearly states this: "Made from FDA-approved, high-quality polyethlene #4. No BPA, PVC, or phthalates". This is a direct quote from the on-line description.
The description on the actual products have no mention whatsoever about this. The actual products simply talk about the "green" nature of the product and that the plastic should break down faster than regular plastic in landfills. I'm very disappointed because the TOTAL reason I purchased these bags is because they advertised "NO BPA, PVC or phthalates". The fact the actual product makes no mention of this leads me to believe the online claim is a false claim. I would LOVE for it to be proven otherwise.
on July 28, 2014
They are very clumsy to close and it's not actually compostible, so the commercial recyclers treat them as plastic. It turns out that Oxo-Degradable means they've added some benign metal salts to common plastic-like materials to hurry up the abiotic breakdown... but I'm having a hard time finding out what those breakdown products are. They are not harmful to the environment, which is comforting, but I'd rather know what they *are.*
on January 13, 2013
The first two bags I used were removed from my fridge leaving their contents in the crisper drawer & cheese drawer. So I checked the bottom seam very good before using the next bag. It too had a completely open seam 3 days later. These bags were NOT over-stuffed and had normal items in them. Small handfull of left-over sliced cheese in one. Sliced celery in another. I thought they would be a good green way to keep left-overs fresh for a few days? They were useless. I threw away the rest of the box.
on March 23, 2015
I have been concerned about contributing to plastics in landfill. While I would prefer that these bags were compostable, I'm glad to know they will break down. They even have a date on the box saying when they will degrade.
on May 30, 2015
The bags I received only state "Eco Friendly" in title, not Green N Pack like photo. No where on box does it state "BPA Free" like photo which is the main reason I bought them. Box looks very similar...glad I looked closer!!!
review image
on July 22, 2015
These bags are a compromise. While they're not compostable, they are made partially of recycled materials and they do break down over time, unlike other plastic bags. They seem to be the same quality as other freezer bags so we order these rather than buying ziploc bags at the store.
on July 29, 2014
I bought these bags to use while backpacking because they advertise being fully compostable, which to me implies biodegradable. However, upon receipt they are not biodegradable... I feel these have been misrepresented and regret spending $9.50 in a box of ziplock bags.
on October 29, 2013
I would recommend this product to anyone who uses freezer bags frequently to store extra food/meals but don't like the use of environmentally unfriendly plastics. That's why I tried it because these plastic products were the one item that I found hard to go without.

They are just like standard freezer bags in every way. I notice no different in terms of the durability, and the prices seem to be coming down from last year. I will continue using these products in the future.
on May 29, 2015
I like the BPA free... but they just aren't tough enough for some uses. I was marinating chicken wings the other day to put in a crock pot and it fell over on the counter and the whole thing busted at the top... teriyaki and raw chicken all over... it was properly zipped... bummer