5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to please the whole house!
Published on September 19, 2011 by Marc V. Cruz

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Have never felt compelled to write a review before, but felt that at nearly 15 $ this book is something of a ripoff compared to
other options available.. I ordered a number of current green smoothie books, and this was BY far the least comprehensive, original, or inspiring of the bunch. Several others at 10 dollars or less offer far more value for your money
Published on March 30, 2012 by The peripatetic critic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to please the whole house!, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Green Smoothie Recipes & other Healthy Smoothie Recipes: Discover over 50 Easy Smoothie Recipes - breakfast smoothies, green smoothies, healthy ... treat smoothies and fruit smoothie recipes (Paperback)
To start, my wife is diabetic, my little sister is a very picky eater, and I was never one for the healthy food movement. That is until my wife brought home this book, a load of fresh fruits, and a tub of yoghurt. (I didn't even think they made them in tubs!) Well, a few hasty tries, and we started to get the hang of making awesome smoothies! We've even started making our own recipes using the book as a guideline. This is a great way to get you started on making your own delicious snacks, desserts, even a light meal substitute, if that's what you need for the time. I'm really glad my wife got me to start eating healthier, and I'm really glad she came home with this book! Highly recommend it for anyone who wants to try a healthier alternative to high sugar drinks, and snacks. I even recommend it if you just want to try something new!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Smoothie Recipes, March 21, 2012
Achieving great health is not something that happens by accident. Adopting healthy eating habits is a great first step and may be the corner stone of a health lifestyle. Studies have shown that changing your diet habits is not easy but eating healthier and exercising more are two things that we can do in our lives that have almost immediate rewards. My family started making smoothies about a year ago and now we include a smoothie, in place of a meal, in our diet at least 5 times a week. The benefits for my family of four includes weight loss, less illness and a more affordable shopping bill. This recipe book has many ideas and I like it because there are many smoothies in this book that my kids will eat and many more that the truly love. The author does explain the benefits of green smoothies vs fruit smoothies and discusses the health benefits of adding fruits and vegetables to your diet but most everyone should have gotten this message by now. The book is easy to use and it is organized by meal time (ie breakfast smoothies, lunch smoothies, snack-on the run-smoothies) and has a section of kids favorites. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm totally lovin this book, September 23, 2011
This book explains how to make smoothies healthy in the introduction (see inside the contents page) and there is a really good chapter on green smoothies and what ingredients you can use and various recipes. Basically it has helpful tips, hints and loads of recipes that you can make exactly as they are or make your own with less juice, more milk, different milks, yogurt, protein powders, frozen fruits etc. There's a smoothie for every occasion in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Fast Food: Healthy and Delicious!, December 12, 2012
What with the emphasis away from the obesity trend and onto the aspects of living a healthy life - which of course includes eating a healthy diet - there are a number of eBook recipe collections aimed at the market. From the many entries that address Green Smoothies, this one seems to be the most closely considered form all aspects - taste, ease of creating, what is healthy to include in these drinks and what is not, and VARIETY! Cressida Elias is a pro and it shows.

After a brief introduction in which the author explains the basics of the value and ease of including smoothies as your snack (including information on how the smoothies are cleansing/detoxifying agents, give energy boosts, the perfect way to assure you eat enough vegetable and fruits, and variations on ingredients such as using yogurt, almond milk, soy, milk rice milk etc) she proceeds to give recipes complete with full preparation instructions for Fruit smoothies (Cran-Blueberry, Mango Papaya Melon, Kiwi Apple, etc), Energizing Smoothies (immune-boosting), Best Yogurt Smoothies (Banana and Cocoa, Pineapple Lime, Berry Mango), Breakfast Smoothies (Oatmeal raisin, Coffee Morning, etc), Lunchtime Smoothies (Classic Sweet Potato, Simple Salad, etc) , Speed Smoothies, Green Smoothies - the section that is her specialty and has the most information about the origins, health benefits getting your children to drink smoothies, even the best blenders to use - and included many luscious recipes like Minty Pineapple , Berry Banana, Peach and Maca, and then she ends with Healthy Special Treat Smoothies (banana Maple Almond, Choco Banana and Peanut Butter, etc).

All of this information is delivered in a concise and informative manner with an emphasis on making the whole process easy! Grady Harp, December 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, Easy, Healthy - What More Could You Want?, May 13, 2011
I've gone through a few blenders just in the past year alone since I make smoothies so often. I have one for breakfast every day since I'm in a hurry to get work done and I sometimes have one for a snack or "dessert." My favorite recipes in here are the green smoothies since I'm really into the whole "green drink, green foods, etc." No matter what kind of smoothie I make, whether a fruit and juice smoothie or a yogurt and milk smoothie, I always toss in something green. Sometimes I add liquid chlorophyll, or barley grass, or spinach leaves.

In Green Smoothie Recipes & other Healthy Smoothie Recipes: Discover over 50 Easy Smoothie Recipes - breakfast smoothies, green smoothies, healthy ... treat smoothies and fruit smoothie recipes you'll find more than 50 delicious and easy recipes. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, April 16, 2012
I have several smoothie books but use only two "Moan Out Loud" And this book. I love the recipes they taste great. My favorite green smoothie recipe is "Pineapple Paradise Green Smoothie" on page 81. So delicious!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 30, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty book just in time for the summer!, July 9, 2011
This is fantastic book if you enjoy smoothies (and who doesn't)! It is fun, it is well written, and it is full of great ideas that are tested and proven (as well as tasted I am sure) :) I am already having too much fun with this review, but it is difficult not to after reading Green Smoothie Recipes! It is filled to the brim with fun things to try out and they are all healthy AND tasty! It is difficult to find foods that are both tasty and good for you, especially in the summer when we all eat too many sugars. This book is the perfect way to learn how to increase your fruit intake without giving up on delicacies we enjoy so much. I highly recommend it and would give it more stars if I could. FIVE WELL DESERVED STARS from me*****

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, May 4, 2013
Great ideas for healthy smoothies I just wish serving sizes and nutritional guidelines were listed. Also the smoothies on the go section didn't say exactly how much of each ingredient to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat your green veggies the painless, tasty way with smoothies, March 3, 2013
What are "green smoothies"? Author Cressida Elias explains that they're smoothies that include leafy green vegetables, which contain key nutrients such as amino acids, iron, chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. When consumed, these vegetables also enhance digestion by aiding the production of enzymes. Like many people, I don't eat (or even like) many of the green vegetables that I should consume, but the idea behind green smoothies is that the fruits in the smoothie disguise the taste of the vegetables so you don't taste them. After making a compelling case for green smoothies, the author presents more than fifty recipes that anyone can make at home with a blender. Fresh fruits and vegetables are preferable, but frozen foods are okay to use.

Some of the recipes are for fruit smoothies (no vegetables), but a major portion of the book includes recipes for green smoothies that contain combinations of fruits and leafy green vegetables. The recipes use mostly ingredients that are readily available at most supermarkets, but some ingredients (e.g., hemp seeds, dandelion greens, maca - a root vegetable usually sold as a powder) may take some looking around to find. I've made a couple of the recipes at home using our immersion blender, and they're very tasty. One of my favorites is the "Berry Banana Green Smoothie," which uses chard as the green vegetable. Many of the recipes use water as an ingredient, and I sometimes substitute some skim milk, which results in a kind of smoothie milkshake. My wife does the same with lowfat yogurt instead of milk.

If you have even the slightest interest in making healthy, nutritious smoothies at home, this is a marvelous book to have in your library.

The author provided me with a review copy of the book in digital format.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›