Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Backyard Garden Pros SLI200613 2 Way Solid Brass Y Valve Garden Hose Connector with Comfort Grip
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2014
I returned the connector. It appears to be a full flow valve, but once examined you will find the interior to be less than the smallest garden hose, especially the ball valve that reduces the opening to less than 3/8 inch. This is unsatisfactory for those of us who want a full flow through our connectors. This is not to criticize the seller or the manufacturer as product is probably made well, just reduces the water flow necessary to serve my needs.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
I'm tired of the little operating levers on most of these brass valves and thought that this one might be easier to operate. From the look of it, the levers appear to be quite long, so I ordered two. In fact, the levers are not any longer than other similar valves, and I still had to use a pair of pliers to operate them initially.

It occurred to me that the image might have been Photoshopped, and when I looked at it again noticed that it isn't a photograph at all, but is instead an illustration, and one that doesn't match the item sitting in front of me on my desk. What a rip-off! The two that I received look exactly like the Camco 20123 @ $11.10, and the Orbit 58248 @ $9.79. Both are available on Amazon and are Prime eligible.

4/24/2014: Yesterday, I filed a complaint with Amazon about what in my opinion is the false representation of this item, and Amazon returned my money. Thanks Amazon! I then went to Orchard Supply to find a replacement, and there hanging on the wall in front of me for under $10 was the Orbit 58248. It's exactly like this one. Needless to say I did not buy it. I'm sure that the same factory in China churns these out by the millions and then they get re-branded somewhere down the line. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it did not work for me.
on April 15, 2015
Poor quality! The nozzle sheared off as I was attaching it to my faucet.
on May 17, 2015
It didn't last 8 months. It broke in half directly under the threads to the spigot. It was really surprising as being brass made me think it would be sturdy. It looks like two pieces of brass are held together by the molded piece of plastic. They came apart at this juncture.

Update: Backyard Garden Pros proactively reached out to me after this review and sent me a replacement piece. It's working fine. I still wonder about it's structural integrity, but at least they did the stand up thing and sent me a new one. I will see.
on July 21, 2015
Within two weeks both threads broke off inside my hoses. There is no way to get the threads out of my hoses now so pretty much ruined those also. They were both very nice 100 foot hoses so this little piece of crap cost me about $100.
on April 26, 2015
Terrible quality. Leak then break apart within one year. I wish I can get a refund.

update : The seller contacted me to offer a replacement and refund. I will give a try. Three stars for good customer service. Thanks.
review image
Well crafted and made out of solid brass, except for the plastic levers to turn the valves and the part you screw onto your faucet. This second piece covers the brass and actually makes it easier for us to grip and turn. There have been no leaks whatsoever. The plastic levers directing the flow are sturdy and easy to turn also.

Four star because the opening valves that control the water flow in each arm are smaller than seems appropriate and end up restricting water coming out of each arm. That's the way it is... Otherwise, a handy accessory for your gardening duties.
on August 10, 2013
Fits my needs perfectly! I wanted to set up 2 soaker hoses on a timer and this connector worked great. Easily attached to the timer, no leaks and great water flow.
on September 11, 2015
The individual faucets are very hard to open and close with a bit of arthritic fingers. I could have lived with that but the device could not live with the arthritic fingers. First time I, by hand, took off the hose connection the whole male thread with attached seating for the ball valve came with it rendering the whole "thing" completely useless. See picture!
on August 3, 2013
Well made, very solid, no leaks. The levers are a little stiff at first, but get easier to turn with a little use. Much better value than the old pot metal one I replaced that had welded itself to the hose. Had to actually cut the hose to get it off. Shouldn't have that problem with this good brass splitter. Good vendor. Connector came quickly and the vendor checked with me to be sure it was working well. I'll probably order another one for my other outdoor faucet.