5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE
Published on May 5, 2009 by A. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Just a little more information.

My almost 3 year old son does love this truck but was quickly pointing out that the wheels weren't the best for carpet or floor. It really works best on asphalt.

Also, nothing but the back door opens. It does tilt dump but not all the way.

So it's a great color, very durable and made of recycled materials...
Published on October 5, 2009 by Mark Twain Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE, May 5, 2009
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
This truck is what I expected and then some. It is much bigger than I expected, and far more sturdy than I thought it would be. My son loves to watch the trash come come through the neighborhood, and this truck was just the thing for him. I also love that it is made from recycled milk bottles and the price is just right. I wasn't expecting much for [...], but it is a well-made, fun toy, I highly recommend it and will be buying several more as gifts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, October 5, 2009
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
Just a little more information.

Also, nothing but the back door opens. It does tilt dump but not all the way.

So it's a great color, very durable and made of recycled materials but the wheels are sub-standard and nothing but one door opens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool truck comes with pieces to recycle, November 5, 2011
ch_everyounce (Santa Monica, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
As other reviewers have said, this a durable toy from a great company. The coolest part for us is that the recycled box it comes with has cut-out recycle pieces on it. So once you've cut out squares with pictures of cans, bottles, and newspaper, there's very little box let to recycle. (We used the cut-outs as a template and cut up the whole box so we'd have plenty of pieces to recycle if a few got lost or chewed or whatever.)
Put the pieces in the slots...any slot you want for little people (the pieces are square so they don't have to align one side or the other...it's a simple piece-to-slot fit) or match the image on the cardboard to the image on the slot for older kids.
Then lift the truck's cargo and the door swings open to disgorge all the cardboard pieces.
Tons of fun, very safe, easy to clean, recycled toy with recycled package and the ability to *use* that package in the play.
Could not love a toy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Toy, August 22, 2009
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
I bought this as a gift after my daughter got the tea set for Christmas. These toys are sturdy and made of good thick plastic. I plan on buying more as gifts as the year goes on.

I think it's really neat because it ties in really well with teaching my kids about recycling. It is so cool that these toys are made out of 100% recycled milk jugs! What is not to love?

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute and so ecologically responsible, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
I have to say I really love this recycling truck. It has actually 3 holes in the side for putting different recycling products in. The back flap lifts so see inside and the whole back dumps as well.

I read previous reviews and was prepared for this to not work on our hardwood floors. It just sort of slides which isn't all bad, but the wheels do not turn. It works great on our carpeting, though. It has so many other redeeming factors that I still gave it 4 stars. All toys have a down side, but I give more leeway to toys that are made from recycled milk jugs into a really cool truck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, big, safe, and fun, July 20, 2009
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
Environmentally friendly, durable, big enough to really push and throw around in the sandbox or park - this is a great truck. My 2-year old son's friend was just given this truck for his second birthday, and every child at the party was climbing over one another to get at it. We are buying one for our own son both because we love the truck and because we are delighted to have found a safe, green toy company to support.

5.0 out of 5 stars great truck, September 8, 2009
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
very cute truck. my 2 year old son loves it and knows all about sorting his recyclables.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2yr old girl loves it, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
It is neat toy made from HDPE#2 recyclable plastic bottles and amazingly made in the USA. As far as educational, you can teach your kids that the same plastic used to make milk bottles is recycled to make this toy. We also got her the Green Toys Dump Truck. She likes to take the junk mail from the "grown-up" recylcing box, tear it up & put it in the recycling truck. The back of the truck has a door that opens upwards. Overall, neat toy. We are getting her into recycling! I got both trucks for about $24 at a brick & mortar store.

2.0 out of 5 stars It Barely Rolls, January 28, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
I am very surprised to see so many positive reviews for this truck. It does not roll well AT ALL!! Sure, it's made by a great company, in the US, out of recycled materials, and it looks really cool. But, what's the point if it barely rolls?! We have lived in 2 houses with a variety of flooring since owning this truck. It doesn't roll well on carpet, wood, tile, or vinyl flooring. We've had it for over 2 years and it doesn't get played with much or for long because my son would rather play with something that rolls well. He does enjoy stuffing it full of whatever he pleases which is the only reason it got a second star. It has my vote for the yard sale pile.

It is a wonderful concept and I love that it's made in the US. I'm totally on board with supporting this company but not by wasting money on a toy that is subpar. They make plenty of wonderful toys without wheels where your money would be much better spent. If it's specifically a truck you are looking for, keep looking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Solid toy for Little Ones, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Green Toys Recycling Truck (Toy)
We bought this for my nephew. It reminds me of the big simple toy trucks I had when I was a little boy. It's very durable, as he crashes it into things. I do appreciate that it emphasizes 'recycling' as a common and cool thing. It's easy to grasp for him, and not too heavy. There's no sharp parts and it rolls nicely. It's a good product in general.

Green Toys Recycling Truck