Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Toys Seaplane, Yellow
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Yellow|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon November 1, 2012
This is a solid plane. Has a real durable feel to it. And it is simple, with only one moving part--the propeller. My two-year-old liked it so much in the tub (which is why I got it) that he wanted to carry it around after his bath. And while he was having an evening snack I saw him putting a single fishy cracker in the cockpit, and heard him say something about "going into space" and "buckle your seat belt". A cute moment.

One thing that I appreciated as a father was the packaging. It too was simple. No plastic doohickeys to cut, or unstrap. Just a single strip of cardboard to remove and the GreenToys Seaplane was ready for play. I would definitely consider buying more of these toys. A good use for recycled milk jugs. I recommend it!
on June 1, 2013
This toy is fun, educational, eco-friendly, made in the USA, and phthalate, BPA, and lead free. It's a guilt-free toy!

It is one of our favorite bath toys. It floats very well (compared to many other bath toys that don't), and it sparks my 5-year old's imagination. He likes to pretend that the plane is landing on the water, or he will push the plane under so it fills up with water and pretend it is sinking (so his superheroes can save the day). His 1.5 year old sister loves filling it up and dumping it out as well.

The only improvement I could possibly suggest would be for it to come with a little pilot to put in and take out of the cockpit. We don't have an action figure that is small enough, but this is really a very minor consideration. We might even be able to find something that would work. We actually haven't looked because my kiddo doesn't seem to mind at all, and it hasn't affected his enjoyment of the toy. We would still buy this toy over and over again.

Because it does sink, it would be best for a tub or a pool (as opposed to a lake where you may not find it). The drain holes are great--it drains fast and seems to dry completely. I have yet to have problems with it getting smelly or moldy. The price is really reasonable for the quality of this toy, in my opinion. Love it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 25, 2012
This is the fourth Green Toy I have picked up for our son (currently 17 months). They are made in the USA from recycled milk jugs so no BPA (or other toxic) contamination to worry about.

The pontoons are hollow and our son loves to push the plane under water to fill the pontoons and then swish it through the air to dump the water out. Note: The plane still floats, even when the pontoons are completely full of water. This and the tugboat Green Toys Tugboat are two of his favorite pool toys.

The engineering, build and materials on these Green Toys is superior to anything I have seen out of China. It is not flimsy cheap plastic. These toys are solid and can really take a lot of abuse.

We're fans.

Thanks for reading. I hope this review was helpful!
VINE VOICEon January 5, 2013
We love Green Toys. Ideally every non-electric toy we own would be a Green Toy. Mainly due to the quality of the construction of these things. When we got this plane, we thought it would be our sons favorite one (18 months) since he loves everything bath related.
Pros:
- Moving propeller
- Indestructible (good quality)
- Floats (most of the time)
- Glides on water really well!
- Made in USA

Cons:
- Easily sinks
- Doesn't provide any water dispensing like other bath toys to use as a way to rinse the childs hair
- Doesnt seem to work that well in the water, always sinks
- Our child finds this the least interesting bath toy (I bet older kids would like it)

So overall, i think this Green Toy was a miss compared to their other products. If you are looking for a real BATH toy, look at their other one: Green Toys My First Tugboat, Yellow
But remember, you cant go wrong with these things since they are cheap and will probably last forever. If you already have the boat one... might as well get this one if you are a plane lover.
on March 26, 2013
My son loves taking baths, but as he gets older (he is 4), it becomes harder to find age appropriate toys for him. When I saw this, I knew he would it. I love that you can put them in the dishwasher to clean them!! He loves this toy so much that he refuses to leave it in the bathroom, we have to dry it off after every bath and so he can keep playing with it later.
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2012
I got a green toy bus a few months ago and just like that toy this one is satisfying even though it is simple with no bells or whistles. My son is four and still loves this toys, and this plane he really loves. It goes in the tub with him and he loves to float it and play. I buy him so many toys many of which are complicated or have many pieces and as it turns out these simple toys he loves as much. I also love that they are green.
on April 5, 2016
In the description it says that this product is recommended for 1-10 year old age group. I bought this as a Christmas present for my 5 year old. I have purchased a few different Green Toys and this is just the exact quality you can expect with any Green Toys product. They use recycled plastic that is free of nasty chemicals that you typically find in plastics. That really makes me feel safe purchasing this for my children. The plastic they use is also very sturdy and it would be pretty difficult to destroy, even for the destructive child. And our child is definitely the destructive sort.
My child likes to use this seasplane in the bathtub. It definetly floats very well compared to other bath toys we've had. If you push it underwater it does sink. You just have to dump the water out and it floats again. The packaging it came in was very simple and it was easy to get the plane out of the box without having to cut anything to get the toy out. I love that it's made right here in the USA. It's also dishwasher friendly making it so easy to clean. We noticed after a few baths there is soap scum on it even though we wipe it down after every use. So we will definitely be throwing it in the dishwasher. Overall great toy. My son gets really lost in his imagination when he's playing in the tub with this toy. It's really cute to watch. I would highly recommend this toy to others.
I try to make my reviews engaging and helpful. If you found this review to be of some help, please click the helpful button.
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2012
I loved this toy design since we spend lots of time in float planes in Alaska! The plane floats on the surface of the water, so nice for bath time play. It fills up with water fairly easily though, but still fun to pour that water out on baby. The toy is very durable and constructed solidly without any parts that could be a choking hazard. It is however on the large size for a young baby to play with. Probably best for over children over one year old.
on October 7, 2014
I love Green Toys! My son has several of them. We bought his first one (dump truck) when he was two. He's almost five now and still plays with all of them. They get played with outdoors, in the tub, and all over the house. They take a beating and still look and function perfectly. I love that they can be washed in the dishwasher (especially the tub toys), they are recycled, and they're made in the USA. I recommend them frequently. These are high quality toys that will last and last.
on January 21, 2016
I love that these are made from recycled material and made in the USA. My kid really thought it was cool too.

I'm probably being overly picky, but there are a couple of things that bothered me about this.
- It doesn't come with the cute bear! :-)
- The packaging was cardboard (I think recycled). But I just thought cardboard package inside a cardboard box was a little excessive.
- The toy doesn't feel super solid. I did buy it based on the reviews that talked about how well it held up. But you'll notice, they are surprised. So I think that it'll hold up, it just doesn't feel as solid as I had imagined.

All in all though, it's a great toy. I feel like there is so much imagination held inside a floating seaplane. Plus my kid loves it, that's pretty hard to beat.