Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Toys Submarine, Yellow
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Yellow|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 15, 2015
First let me say that we love these toys. They are well made, Eco friendly and fun, BUT we have almost all of them. That being said we had an incident this morning that was pretty scary. Our three year old got his fingers caught in the small FINGER SIZE holes along the side of the submarine. Had to go to ER and saw off!! Was very hard to break this toy to get him out because it's such thick plastic. The company should make the holes bigger, or make it so the toy pulls apart at the holes.
review image review image
55 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2013
I'm going to probably copy and paste this review a half dozen times today because I bought almost everything I could find by this manufacturer. In fact, I'm pretty much ready to subscribe to anything they ever create.
Like so many people, I'm trying to find alternatives to cheaply made and environmentally disastrous (not to mention toxic) products. I was thrilled to find Green Toys and decided to try them out. I'm so glad I did.
Everything about these products impresses me. The feel of the plastic in my hands, the solid way that they're assembled, the aesthetics of the design, the eco friendly packaging free from all the weird wires and screws that most toys have, and the attractive price. For plastic toys in this price range, these things are SOLID.
I want to see Green Toys create a redesigned version of ALL the things one might need for their kids, from high chairs to car seats to bottles and bowls. Every time one of these arrives, my daughter recognizes the packaging and starts squealing because she LOVES all the toys she's received so far. Each toy comes in a simple cardboard box with a big open window for viewing the toy. At most, there's a little cardboard tab inside to keep the toy from flopping around, but that's it! How refreshing for any parent that's sick of having to pull out wire cutters, a screwdriver and scissors to open a stuffed animal!
These are instant classics and I could easily see these being highly sought after collectibles when my kids have kids of their own.
44 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2015
First toy we have bought from this manufacturer. very pleased with how well built it seems to be. of course it cost a bit more than a normal cheap toy but it seems like it's going to last.

for anyone concerned about the fingers getting stuck the one that we just got has been redesigned. I'll try and take a picture but unless you have extremely small fingers they closed in the holes leaving only small openings for the water drainage. (Unless this design is what people are talking about with fingers getting stuck?)
review image review image review image
on January 9, 2013
My 5 year old loves this submarine in his tub. Now I can remove his other toys which were creating marks on the tub. This one is tub friendly.
on February 5, 2013
We had to recycle our green toys tugboat after it was taken over by mold. We got the sub to replace it and what an improvement! Opening the handle hatch to allow for good drainage and air flow is great, and the idea that we can fully open it up and pop it in the dishwasher is even better. Our son loves it even more than the tugboat, too, especially the propeller details, and it retains its good pour spout to avoid soap in the eyes. Perfect purchase!
on December 25, 2013
There are lots of things that are nice about this toy, as others have mentioned, but I just wanted to add three things, 2 good and 1 bad,
The positive things are that, drained of water, it floats nicely, and filled with water, it sinks. So, this opens it up to better imaginative play. And also the yellow handle bit is excellently placed, and makes it more fun for kids to play with.
The negative thing is that the little yellow bit that lifts up at the top (that allows you to put things/characters inside) is not all that big, and, importantly, is not all that easy to open. My 3 and 5 year olds both managed, but it was a bit of a struggle.
Other than that, I am very happy with it!
on November 18, 2012
This toy is great it serves as something to play with in the bathtub as well as a nice cup to rinse your child off with. Great because it floats and is very colorful and holds allot of water so it eliminates extra cups or bowls in the bathtub for rinsing your kids hair off. My son loves it, would recommend it.
on February 25, 2015
This is a good toy! The one thing that I dislike is that ours is a little bit hard to open up and close. I have hurt my fingers a few times trying to get it opened up. Every time we finish my sons bath, I open up the top and it fits perfectly hung over the spout in the tub. It dries out easily this way and I am not as worried about mold growing. (I am posting a picture to see how we hang it.)
review image
on September 4, 2013
I have two boys and they are very rough on toys. I am convinced if it can be broken or taken apart (even though it wasn't meant to be) my oldest will figure out how to do it. These are well made toys. They stand up to the hard play of my 3 year old and my 18 month old. I usually try to avoid plastic toys, but I need things that can get wet because they love water play. I love that Green Toys are Phthalate and BPA free. Normally I would give this 5 stars...but my 3 year old has decided this and the "My First Tugboat" toy are fun to fit things through the holes. So far I have fished out tons of little toys he gets stuck in there as well as a cherry tomato and a banana peel from our compost. Yuck! They need to give these two toys the ability to be opened so they can be cleaned properly. Even if you just consider creek water or lake water going through here...they need to be easier to clean inside.
on November 12, 2012
My son recently received this as a gift for his first birthday, and it is one of his favorite presents! The Sub is very lightweight and easy to maneuver, but bulky and durable at the same time. When you fill it with water, the front acts as a spout and is a great "rinser". If you tip it to the side, the water flows out of the four portholes like a waterfall. My son also loves to spin the propeller on the back. Great toy for a 1 yr old, and up. Highly recommend!