Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 8, 2013
Hi,I own 6 green toys and I purchased them for my home day care children. We have had the trash truck for 6 months and it is doing great. We bought 5 more pieces 30 days ago and all are holding up nicely except the tractors wheel broke off, we tried to fix it and it just broke off again in one day. I jumped online and found Green Toys phone number and gave them a call. I had my replacement tractor in 3 days time, they also emailed me a label for UPS to return the broken one. Piece of cake! Awesome customer service! We will be coming back for more. The kids love them and it is fun to tell them, as we are taking the milk jugs in for recycling, that they are just going to make more toys for them. Thank you guys so much!!!!!
0Comment39 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Our 2 yr old son loves real tractors (and he loves his green toys) so when I saw this, I knew it would be a hit. He was so excited seeing this come out of the box! He played with it non-stop for a full day and carried it around with him everywhere. He loves it! However, when he would put something in the trailer, it would tip back and lose it's hitch to the tractor. Now what good is a trailer that can't hold anything without dumping over and losing it's hitch?

It was an easy repair and even if I had known about the problem, I would have still gotten this toy for him because of his love for tractors. I epoxied a rock to the front of the trailer to weight it down. This solved the problem of the tipping trailer and he's none the wiser.

This is the sixth Green Toy I have picked up for our son (currently 2 yrs). They are made in the USA from recycled milk jugs so no BPA contamination to worry about. They are also dishwasher safe which makes cleaning them easy.

The engineering, build and materials on these Green Toys is superior to anything I have seen out of China. It is not flimsy cheap plastic. These toys are solid and can really take a lot of abuse.

We're fans.

Thanks for reading. I hope this review was helpful!
0Comment46 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Really wanted to like this since my daughter loves tractors. However, the wheels aren't very sturdy on the front and trailer. They wobble and completely lock when my daughter tries to do a tight turn. A lot of that is the fact the trailer is hitched too close to the tractor itself yet the connection comes off quite frequently. My child gets frustrated with the hitch falling off and I get tired of reattaching it for her.

I really wish they had put a cab or something more enclosed for the tractor seat as my daughter wants to put her other toys on it to ride. Since there isn't much there, whatever she tries to make drive the tractor falls off.

It's an ok toy but I think this one needs some improvement to make it a great toy.
11 comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Green Toys are always awesome! I know have a huge set of these toys for my three year old nephew and he cannot get enough of them! These toys remind me of "old school" toys. They aren't electronic, they aren't covered in bells and whistles. They are normal natural colors. They are not covered in buttons and they don't screech and make a ton of noise.. And yet... kids still love them! This tractor is sturdy, can take a beating from little hands and it's safe for the tub, outside, anywhere! You cannot go wrong with Green Toys. And the best part.. they are simply packaged. No crazy ties or plastic to unravel.. just a toy and box. Perfect!
on January 3, 2014
I love the ethos behind Green Toys and their use of recycled plastic and simple, recyclable packaging. I've had some mixed results with some of their other toys - their tugboat has been an outstanding and often-used bath toy, while their dump truck had several issues with its wheels that made it less fun to use. This one seemed promising enough that I thought I'd give it a go for my 1.5-year-old son.

So far, its been very good. The wheels are hard/smooth plastic, but have rolled well and smoothly on both hard floors and rugs. It's a good size - big enough to feel substantial, but approachable and not a pain to have around or store. The seat is only decorative - it's very shallow, so nothing will be able to sit or remain in it. The color is great. The plastic is light in weight but pliable enough that it it doesn't seem fragile. This is not the steel tractor that can be severely beaten, but is good for general use.

As others have mentioned, the trailer does come unhooked from the tractor very easily, and is easy for an adult to reattach but awkward for a little one. Both of my kids have trouble reattaching it. On the upside, it's easy to fix. I connected the two with a twist tie, which allows everything to stay in place and roll around together without separation. That doesn't allow for easy removal, but as the trailer is pretty useless by itself, that probably isn't an issue.

Noe that the color in the photo is a little misleading - the orange is correct, but the parts that appear to be light gray in the photo are actually a very dark gray, nearly black - like a car tire. I think the real thing looks nicer than the photo.
on June 13, 2014
We're a big fan of the Green Toys dump truck, so I thought I'd purchase this one for my son to use in conjunction with his gardening tools.

I really love this item because it is SO EASY to wash-- even after a long day in the dirt, all we have to do is throw it in the dishwasher and it comes out looking brand new. It's like magic. I wish all his toys were this low-maintenance!

My 14-month-old really enjoys pushing around the tractor, but he doesn't use the cart portion at all because it falls off so easily. It really does need to be fastened better. This is the only reason for the 4 stars-- if the hook was better, this would be a solid 5 stars.
on October 12, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice tractor! I really appreciate the in between size. It's not too big and not too small. It's just right for stowing away when not being played with, but big enough to be seen as a substantial toy.

The trailer in the back can come off, but has a hook that keeps it on pretty well when not at a specific angle. It can hold dry food only, as it's not water-tight.

This, like other Green Toys, has a bit of a texture to it, and really "feels" like a plastic milk bottle. I have another Green Toys product, and with both, the plastic, for some reason, is static-y and seems extra prone to attracting lint. This is perhaps a silly thing to mention, but it is something I have always noticed with their milk-bottle plastic compared to traditional plastic. Still, with the toys being dishwasher safe, this isn't a major concern.

It's really cute!
on August 25, 2014
Bought this for my grandson's 2nd birthday. Did not last a month before it broke beyond repair.
on November 30, 2013
Yes, Green Toys are pricey. BUT if buying a toy that is made in the USA (remember, we want then to make a decent wage!) and buying toys made with recycled materials (non toxic and food grade plastic) is important to you, then by all means, give Green Toys a chance.

My tractor I got today was much larger than I thought! Makes the price seem better! Looks well made and while they say 3+, The wheels are big and my 18 month old who is in love with trucks and cars, will love it!
on April 25, 2014
I have had good luck with green toys in the past, but this tractor was a lemon for us. I bought it at Christmas for the grandkids to play with while visiting. From the beginning the kids were frustrated that the trailer would not stay hooked to the tractor- due to faulty design the hook barely made a connection. After about 10 days of actual play one of the wheels broke off. This wasn't what I expected from a green toy so perhaps we just got a bad one.