5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier so far!
So I ordered this model even though it had no reviews at the time. I was looking at the comparable Toro and Snowjoe models, but couldn't bring myself to buy either since there were so many negative reviews in addition to the positive ones.

I went with the Greenworks for two reasons:
1) The 4-year Warranty
2) The 20" width

Well, let me say...
Published on December 15, 2010 by Russ Logic

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm having to edit my review. Stupid crap.
New Review:
Published on January 7, 2011 by T. Jensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier so far!, December 15, 2010
Russ Logic (Canton, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GreenWorks 26032 20" 12 Amp Corded Snow Thrower (Lawn & Patio)

I went with the Greenworks for two reasons:
1) The 4-year Warranty
2) The 20" width

Well, let me say that so far I feel I absolutely made the right choice.
The unit looks great, and seems to be built with very high quality parts.
How it was packaged was also excellent. There's no way this baby's going to get damaged in delivery like I heard about with the competitors.
The only negative was that Greenworks actually went overboard with their packing... They actually put the unit together by screwing directly through the plastic covers that go on the parts so I couldn't get all the plastic off the pieces without taking some pieces apart.
I see this as no big deal as again it is their effort to make sure everything is protected for delivery but just letting everyone know about it.

Once built (very easy to do I might add), the machine is very easy to maneuver since it has quite large rubber wheels. I know there have been negative reviews about the Toro due to the cheap tiny wheels. No issue here!
The handle is adjustable to 3 levels (I'm 6'2") and I was able to make it comfortable for my height.

Well I had to wait a week until the snow came, but come it sure did! I live in northeast Ohio, so the last few days have been a downpouring of the white stuff.
I had purchased 2 50-foot outdoor cords rated at 13 amp (this unit is 12 so we're fine).
I also purchased some Snow Jet non-stick coating spray and used it per the directions prior to the first use. I had read about it as a way to avoid the snow clogging in the thrower or chute while working.
The first time I used this thrower, I noticed how easily it moved the snow. The chute is very easy to adjust in direction, and it easily shoots at leat 6-10 feet so you're able to make sure you don't shoot snow over an area you've already worked on.
Once I got used to it, I was able to do the whole driveway and walk in 15 minutes the second time. Piece of cake!
The snow was soft the first time but a mixture of wet snow and ice the second time. This made no difference it worked just as well. It also worked perfectly on the slush at the bottom of the driveway where the street plows make that big mess all the time.

The blades are steel covered with rubber, and it really hugs the ground and pulls the snow off.
I'm not going to say it will get you to bare ground in all spots, but it sure tries and it's more than good enough to get your vehicles in and out which is the main purpose right?
I mean if you want to get the bottom layer of ice completely off you'll need rock salt and a shovel anyway.
This thing did get some of the ice off, but I didn't want to push too hard to get it to do that and possibly damage the blades.

Bottom line is that I got this for $200 on Amazon and I already feel it's my top purchase of the year. I had a Snowjoe 12" snowbroom last year and it broke, then I had to do the old shovel routine. It would take me at least 2 hours to do my driveway and walk last year.
Now, with twice having at least 6 inches of snow on the driveway, I was done in 15 minutes and back in the warm house.
As long as the wind was in my favor, I didn't get too much snow on me and certainly saved my back.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one. I only hope its longevity matches its performance so far, but with a 4-year warranty, I can afford to take that chance.

It didn't hurt that Amazon gave me free shipping and it showed up the NEXT DAY!
I did not pay for overnight and I got this the next day after I ordered it. I still don't know how that was possible but I'm not complaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 11, 2010
D. Anderson (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
We ordered this on a Saturday and it arrived the following Wednesday. Two days later we are in the midst of a 20inch snowfall/blizzard. This machine works like a charm. We chose it for the 4 year warranty. We see now that it's a very capable machine and perfect for an old-fashioned Minnesota blizzard. It took less than 5 minutes to assemble and can be used even by someone with severe back and neck limitations. Highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great Works Green, GreenWorks, December 9, 2012
Length:: 1:13 Mins

Yes, I finally got to test this on heavy snowfall and it works great. Cord is a minor hassle. Be sure to buy a LONG cord rated for cold weather. The video shows it plowing through 8.5" snowfall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to old Toro 1800: just as powerful, heavier, better built, January 8, 2011
I've used a similar Toro 1800 for 8 years to clear a driveway in NH. It's been great, but I just did a side-by-side test with this, and it powered through dense snow I piled up for testing with no problem, and actually threw the snow further (GreenWorks 19 feet; Toro 14 feet). And the features and build quality seem better than my old Toro. I thought that meant that, together with the 4-year warranty and the lower price compared to the Toro, this was a clear winner. But now I see that Toro has upped the ante--they have just this year improved their electric model 1800, and now both units have some of the same advantages compared to my old Toro. The right decision might be different for different people, but the Greenworks is very attractive at this price.

The two Toro 1800s are the old Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 and the new Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower. The main advantage of the Toros over the Greenworks is that they are lighter--25 lbs for the new Toro 1800 vs. 37 lbs for the Greenworks. For smaller, weaker people the Toro could be easier to handle. Or, for things like clearing steps or decks, you can easily lift the Toro to do that. You can lift the Greenworks too, but I think I'd opt to just use a shovel before I'd bother with lifting the Greenworks.

Since I got the Greenworks, we've only gotten a light snow , but to test the GreenWorks side-by-side with the (old) Toro, I pushed all the snow in the top 1/3 of my driveway into a pile as high as their front openings (both about a foot), and tried powering through with each. Both went through easily. The Greenworks threw most of the snow about 19 feet; the Toro about 14.5 feet.

Since that hadn't been a challenge for either, I then used the Greenworks to collect lots of snow into one area, and then shoveled that into a deeper pile. At that point, the snow was getting extremely dense, from going through the snowblower once or twice and being piled up. That pile was harder to get through with either machine. The motors were both powerful enough that the rotors didn't get bogged down. However, pushing the machines into the dense pile is hard work--unlike big gas machines, these aren't self propelled. And jamming the GreenWorks into the dense pile was harder. Not to the point where there was any question that it was up to the job--just that I had to back out and roll in again more times, and each of those was more work with a heavier machine. At the time, I assumed that it was harder to push the Greenworks in mainly because it's wider. But upon looking at the Toro website, I see that they explain that their funny "powercurve" blade shape is intended to help pull the machine into the snow. I think that works to help make it easier to get through really dense snow.

All in all, I expect that clearing a large driveway with a heavy snow would be about as much work with either. With the Greenworks, you can make fewer passes since it does a little wider swath each time, but you are handling a heavier piece of equipment so it's more work. So I consider them equal on performance. But that's with the old Toro--the new one is rated to draw 15 A instead of 12 A, so presumably it's a little more powerful, although the current rating doesn't prove anything.

So next consider features and quality. Comparing them side-by-side, I thought the Greenworks had better build quality and features..but then I looked at the new Toro and some of the improvements in the Greenworks are also in the new Toro! For example:
-Wheels: Greenworks has the biggest wheels, but the new Toro has wheels almost as big, vs. the dinky ones on the old Toro.
-Both have a handle that is easy to take off or fold for summer storage, unlike the old Toro.
And the new Toro has some other nice improvments like better chute adjustment mechanisms.

But the Greenworks has some nice advantages too:
-Better quality safety switch system on the GreenWorks. It's both easier to hold on, and harder to accidentally activate. It's actually quite possible to accidentally activate the Toro if you carry it by the handle that has the switch. The Toro has a plastic key that is a good way to prevent kids from playing with it, but that only helps if you bother to take the key out, and are you really going to do that?
-Metal blade (with rubber bumpers) on the Greenworks vs. all plastic on the Toro.
-Adjustable handle height--slightly taller than the Toro at the tallest setting and has two steps lower available.
-Circuit breaker built in--probably makes it less likely to burn out the motor.
-Sturdier handle with more steel and less plastic, compared to the Toro.
The Greenworks also has a better anchor point for the cord to prevent it pulling out of the plug, compared to the old Toro, but I can't really tell how that's set up on the new one. In any case, it's nice on the Greenworks.

Both of them require minor assembly. I can't remember much about assembling the Toro, but I was very impressed by the way the GreenWorks was packaged, with the parts you need for each thing attached right where you need them, and most of them requiring no tools. I'm used to getting a bag of parts with a confusing diagram, making asembly a puzzle. None of that here--very clear how it goes together and very quick.

Durability might be an issue to consider. I know that the Toro held up well, though not indefinitely. After 7 winters it needed the switch replaced--inexpensive but a pain to take apart. The Greenworks is somewhat unproven...but the fact that it comes with a steel blade and a 4 year warranty means it might be considerably better than the Toro.

Comparing them side-by-side makes them both seem impressive: the Toro for packing so much power in a small, light unit (and the new one might be even more powerful), but the GreenWorks is impressive for being more solidly built, having lots of details done nicely and being an amazing bargain at 2/3 the price with double the warranty.

I uploaded some pictures of them side-by-side--you can see them below the main picture on the product page.

Update: After a few years, none of my assessment above has changed, but I find myself choosing the Toro most of the time, just because it's lighter. The decision probably comes down to the tradeoff between weight and cost--the Greenworks is a real bargain if you don't mind the weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little machine!, December 13, 2010
I will start by saying I am a female and the primary user of this snow blower. I had an OLD Toro that I always fought with to start because either my arm isn't long enough or I just don't have the upper body strength to start the thing. I wanted something easy for me to start and that would help me through a Cleveland (Ohio) winter. After looking at several models - the price, size of the deck and warranty sold me on this machine.

When the machine arrived, I was able to carry it into my house to assemble it (so the machine is pretty light). I think it took me longer to unpack the machine than it did to put it together. After assembling, I was able to lift the machine back up and move it to it's spot in the garage.

When we got our first snow, I thought to put this machine into action. It took some getting used to on not to trip/unplug the cord, but I think I finally got that part down (I knew it had a cord when I ordered it, so I'm not rating this snow thrower any less because my clumsy behavior). As promised, it chewed through the snow easily! It's about as loud as a shop vac, so I don't feel TOO terrible using it at 6:00am because I doubt it'll wake my neighbors. It's easy to push and maneuver. I am overall very happy with the machine!!

EDIT 2/6/2014: My machine still runs as good as the day I got it! Several of my neighbors have been inquiring about my little snow thrower after they've been having problems with theirs. Several of my friends and family have also purchased this machine knowing how much I like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm having to edit my review. Stupid crap., January 7, 2011
New Review:
The first day I got my snow thrower it worked fine, it had been warm inside while being built and all was good. I went outside, blew some snow and it worked great, see old review below for how nicely that went. I put it in the garage and a few days later we got a few inches of snow and I just went out to remove it. I immediately tried moving the shoot and didn't even crank the handle hard and the damn thing popped off. Now the snow thrower shoot can't be moved. The handle is metal, but forks to thin tongs, that easily bent, which connect to a plastic block that kinda looks like a lego. The shoot has a tiny bit of ice on it, but not much at all. If you don't have a heated garage this things probably going to keep breaking on you. If you do have a heated garage it's a crap shoot. This machine is surprisingly well built for the price, but the few design flaws it has are going to kill it.

Old Review:

This snow thrower is great. I'll start with two points though: It is now a 2 stage 600 dollar snow blower. It won't cut through 2 feet of snow like it's not there. It has a 3 prong (grounded) power system. Anyone who's bought a power cable in the last 10 years won't care, but I had to buy a new cable (30 dollars at Walmart). I didn't care but if your tight on money this could be a problem. I bought a medium weight 13 amp cable and it works fine. What it is:

This little guy is light, I assembled it upstairs and carried it outside with ease. I'd say around 35-40 lbs. Assembly was fairly easy and straight forward. Putting the shoot hood on takes working with a few small parts so if you have shaky hands that one step may take you a little longer.

This machine is quiet. I'm post concussion and noise really bothers me, this is not as noisy as a vacuum cleaner.

This works brilliantly on concrete. My sidwalk/driveway has about a half inch of caked on ice/snow and it went over that and blew the extra 1.5 inch off that was above the caked on. Wheels move easily, the machine has a great center of balance, and you'll hardly notice it's not self propelled. Off of concrete it's a bit harder, since the wheels will sink into snow a bit, but this should come as no supprise.

Since blowing an inch of snow off concrete just wasn't a good enough test for me, I decided to try it against the banks in the yard to clear a spot for my garbage can. Test Conditions: Fargo, ND. 45 inches of snow so far this year. Snow: 2 feet, semi-compacted. Had rained a few weeks ago so some good portions of ice are mixed in. Snow thrower: I slide it against the bank, it went in about 3 inches and then would stop. I'd wait till snow stopped coming out, back up, go in again. I cleared a 4ft by 4ft hole in about 5 minutes with little trouble. Moving the iced snow from that spot with a shovel would have hurt.

End result: I can't believe this thing works, but it does, and it seems sturdy. I love that it's not 600 dollars like a full on snowblower and I really love that I don't have to crank on the thing to get it started.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Snow Joe 622U1, January 9, 2011
I bought this unit to replace my Snow Joe 622U1 that blew apart and would not be warrantied by Snow Joe. Turns out the 2 year warranty doesn't cover the main plastic housing. I just used it to remove 6" of snow this past weekend so I will do a first impression review.

Some people were complaining that the factory wrapped the handles in plastic and then assembled everything. This makes it impossible to remove the plastic unless you unscrew everything. This isn't really a big deal and is merely an aesthetic complaint. I tend to be picky so I loosened a few nuts and screws so I could remove all the plastic wrap.

Others complained about the smell of the snow blower. The smell is actually coming from the rubber wheels and is not unusual. It dissipates after a while and within a few minutes our cats were playfully jumping in and out of the empty box.

The unit appeared to be packaged very well and nothing was damaged during shipping. It was shipped to me in the factory packaging.

Out of the box the entire unit appears to be very sturdy for what it is.

The handle assembly on the GreenWorks is MUCH beefier than the Snow Joe 622U1. It also feels like it is just a tad bit longer which is good for someone 6ft like me. There is a foam grip and time will tell how long this will last. The thing I love most about the handle on the GreenWorks is that all I need to do is loosen the handle bolts and un-clip the auger rod and the entire assembly can be folded forward for transportation. I take the snow blower to my Mother's house in the trunk of my car so this is a big feature to me.

The on/off controls are pretty simple. Someone complained that they wouldn't be able to easily manipulate the handle when wearing gloves. I tried it with winter gloves and didn't have an issue whatsoever. Basically, the way it works is that you slide a switch left and it pushes the handle out of the switch housing so you can squeeze it and activate the auger. When using the blower I tend to keep the handle halfway depressed to save time. My electric lawn mower uses the same type of switch.

The auger is a bit smaller than the 622U1 but it is also combination of steel and rubber so it should be very strong. Like the 622U1 the GreenWorks uses nylock nuts to hold everything together so I would STRONGLY suggest you check them before each and EVERY use. If those bolts let loose the auger will surely punch a hole through the case of the unit. Nylock nuts are notorious for loosening when exposed to freezing temps.

The discharge chute on the GreenWorks isn't quite as good as the 622U1 but seems to be a bit stronger. On the 622U1 you can adjust the angle that snow leaves the chute. The GreenWorks has this ability as well but as soon as snow hits the deflector it goes to the fully upright position. The 622U1 was a little bit better at not doing this. The 622U1 would eventually deflect but not as easy as the GreenWorks. Also out of the box it was very difficult to turn the rod that rotates the discharge chute. I put some petroleum jelly on the mechanism and now it rotates very smoothly. GreenWorks could stand to do a little further R&D on their discharge chute. With the chute facing forward I was easily throwing snow 30ft. However, when turned to either the left or right a lot of the distance is lost. Turned full left or right snow was only throwing about 12ft or so. This is still plenty to clear a driveway.

The GreenWorks has a pigtail for the electrical connection which is critical when you're dealing with heavy gauge extension cords and vibration. On one occasion my extension cord caught fire while using the Snow Joe because the plug is molded into the handle. Combine a heavy cord, cold temps, and vibration and the cord is guaranteed to vibrate itself loose. This causes a voltage drop/current increase which makes things get really hot. The pigtail helps negate the vibration. As long as the cord is tied around the handle you shouldn't have any problems. Also on the handle is the reset button. If the unit overheats you can push the button to reset it.

The wheels on the GreenWorks are very sturdy and much larger than the 622U1. This makes the unit quite a bit more stable and lets me not worry about breaking a wheel. The 622U1 wheels are only about 4" tall and are made of pretty thin plastic. Due to their size as soon as I would run them through heavy snow it would build up on the wheels and keep them from spinning. This makes it more difficult to push the unit. The GreenWorks wheels are a combination of plastic and rubber. I don't expect them to give me any problems.

I find the scraper on the GreenWorks to be a bit better than the 622U1. The GreenWorks unit does a much better job of scraping down to the pavement. Use this thing on rocks or dirt and you will certainly suck a lot of it up.

I took off the access panel and the auger drive pulley is built a lot thicker than on the 622U1. On my 622U1 this pulley shattered into dozens of pieces when the auger blade let loose. Also, the belt tensioner pulley is steel unlike the 622U1 which uses plastic.

The GreenWorks is definitely heavier than the 622U1. Some people might not like this fact but I am of the opposite opinion. The heavier weight is due to the more robust construction. It also has a 4 year warranty vs the standard 2 year.

After my experience with the Snow Joe I will definitely not be buying another one of their products. The GreenWorks 26032 is just a much better built product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome machine, December 13, 2010
I got this machine just in time for the biggest Minnesota snow storm in almost 20 years. I was worried that the machine was too little for the quantity of snow I had to clear from a two car driveway but the machine surprisingly worked just fine. Granted the snow was not wet but the machine threw the snow at least 25-30 feet away. The only problem I had was that the directional chute froze after I used the machine for the time. A better design would be to cover the area of the gears on the directional chute. A simple solution was to use warm water to thaw the gears. Overall I am very happy with my machine. Beats shoveling anyday. Also there is peace of mind with the four year warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but not for heavy accumulations of wet snow., January 9, 2011
Frank E. Millis, Sr. (JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
Greenworks #26032 20-inch snow thrower

Firts, I have no idea how Amazon got a Jacksonville, Florida address on the header for this product, which was sent to snowy Colorado! Probably because I've sometimes sent gifts there, purchased from Amazon...?

This machine was received in a slightly damaged shipping box, and one of the bolts and knobs that secured the handles was missing. I called Greenworks' toll-free number and was immediately sent replacement parts by Priority Mail, although not obligated to do so because it was basically Amazon's and FedEx's problem: the entire machine could have been returned it to Amazon for a replacement, but a heavy snowstorm was reported coming in a few days so it was needed very soon.

That snowstorm has so far produced about 2-12 inches of unusually wet and sticky snow, which gave the blower a real workout. Under that condition it pushes harder than expected, but it's still much easier than shoveling. It also threw the snow much farther than expected, but probably shouldn't be used if a blizzard dumps a few feet of powder snow unless the sidewalk or driveway was cleaned very frequently to prevent heavy accumulations. The manual claims it will clean snow to 10 inches deep, but I doubt that, and suggest that even light snow should be best cleaned off at 6 to 7 inches of accumulation. The no-load rotor speed is 2400 RPM. The manual also suggests that by grabbing the lower and upper handles, the blower can actually be picked up (35 pounds) and used to trim away layers of large snowbanks, starting from the top down, although another section of the manual warns against doing that! A little bit of planning will prevent entanglements with the cord -- make a dry run in sunny conditions if possible to determine the best paths to use.

As an ex-machinist and amateur aircraft builder, I consider the machine to be very well constructed, compared with the competition's similar models: welding is well done and substantial, and the heavy corded rubber belting bolted to the steel impellor should last a long time. Minor detail: as noted in another review, the small bolts holding the deflector to the discharge chute are supposed to have rubber washers between those parts when assembling. No such rubber washers were included in that wrapped bunch of parts, so I used 1/2" diameter neoprene o-rings from my plumbing supply cache instead. They're very cheap to buy, so it's no big deal. The entire blower is made in China, which shouldn't surprise anyone these days. However, the manual is very good and highly informative in both English and Spanish.

According to that manual, for a 12-amp motor a 100-foot extension cord should be at least 14 ga.wire, so I bought a 12/3 ga. low-temperature cord just to be sure. This is wrapped around a flagpole mount attached to the house about 5 feet above the ground, near the electrical outlet. A ten-inch section of 3/4" diameter aluminum tubing is placed in the mount, and the wire is coiled around that. Each complete turn takes several feet of wire, so about ten turns is all thats required, and is unwrapped as needed during operation. And yes, the plastic shipping wrapping on tubular parts can be difficult to remove, especially at the point where tubing attaches to the body of the unit. It's impractical to disassemble the entire blower to fix that problem. My solution? -- cut off as much clear wrapping as possible and leave the remainder. which won't hurt anything anyway. WD-40 was sprayed inside the discharge chute and deflector to help prevent snow build-up. A small rubber shovel is also included in the package to clear the chute if clogged.

Bottom line: in my opinion, after researching many of the competitor's offerings, for a plug-in snow blower this Greenworks model is a good buy. With a four-year warranty and apparently excellent service, this model is hard to beat at this price. The blower and a 100-foot cord from Amazon cost $264 total, which is very much less than any small gas-powered blower: note that according to some consmuer magazins, most of those under $450 don't seem to do much better than similar sized electric models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for the money ! A must buy !, January 12, 2011
Fani (New Jersey, US) - See all my reviews
I was really mad I didn't get the snow thrower for the Dec 2010 end snowstorm which dumped 28" snow in my area in New Jersey.
About 6 hours later and with help from my wife, I had finished shovelling all that I could of the driveway, sidewalk, deck and areas near house.

So, I looked for a good snow blower/thrower on Amazon - my favorite resource. A trip to Home Depot had gas ones with good ones starting at around $700 min. Add in fuel costs, maintenance, pull to start etc. and it was not my thing. I think we need to think about protecting our planet and reducing carbon emissions. Hence I preferred the electric one. Looking on Amazon, this product had like 7 reviews at the time and all were 5 stars. Needless to say, I immediately ordered it Dec 30. It arrived with free shipping on Jan 04. Not bad at all. Since I had no snow till last night, I held off on the review. Meanwhile, this product continued to get 5 star reviews (with a strange 1 star and 2 star in the past 2-3 days ).

With about 6"-7" to clear off now, I was ready to unit test this baby and put out my review. so here goes -

1. Cost
Given that good gas ones start at about $700, this one blows it out of the water. $200 for almost equivalent performance means this is a no brainer. Even if this lasts you 4 years (warranty period), for cost of 1 good gas blower, you can go through 3.5 cycles of this ( which means 13.5 years ) to get equal value from this unit as compared to the gas one. This means, this is a phenomenal value.

2. Packaging and assembly
This unit arrived packed very well. It really surprised me how well it was packed. The carton was sturdy with thick thermacol protecting the unit inside. Almost all the handles/rest were packed in plastic. Actually, it looks like they assembled the unit with the plastic going right through the unit bolts. I couldn't get all the plastic out, but it didn't bother me. Its not really a big deal. Assembly instructions were good and it took me about 10-12mins to assemble this unit. Being environmentally conscious, I wouldn't want lots of plastic (which'll likely end up in the Great Pacific or Great Atlantic garbage) to be involved.
This unit looks nice and green enforcing its eco friendly concepts.

3. Shipping/Delivery
Amazon as usual is fantastic offering free shipping and fast delivery. Previously, with free shipping they were shipping it in under 2 days. Nowadays, though, they've become wiser and don't even start shipping for about 3-4 days. No problems because really you're getting free shipping.

4. Manual/accessories
I liked that the manual was printed on recycled paper and looks very thorough. (except a typo about the chute rotation angle - listed as 810 degrees instead of 180 degrees ). Extension cord sizes/gauges are listed explicitly. I bought a 50' 16 gauge extension cord (Workforce from Home Depot for $10 ) and a 50' 14 gauge ( Husky from Home Depot for $19 ) and they are to spec as per manual. It has one accessory - the little ladle/spoon like shovel. This is good for getting snow out from the corners but I think its really useless. Also there's no attachment to put this on the unit. I fashioned one myself using velcro and it works well. But really, I'll just store this shovel inside and forget about it. Better to use my proper 18" shovel to finish up.

5. Performance
Now this is where the unit really shone. Even with like 2"-3" snow, it would take me almost 1.5-2 hours to clear it in the cold with lots of strain on the back, shoulders and wrists. With the ~7" snow we got in New Jersey, I completed the task in about 15 mins which was AWESOME ! No more bending/scooping/lifting etc. Just plowed right through the thick snow. In some places it was even more - since it nearly hit the top of the unit which is about 10" high. One pass and it was done to almost the blacktop. However, due to doing it again and again, I managed to spray a thin layer back onto the driveway. If I was more careful and slower, I could've avoided it, but eh! I was having fun lifting and throwing snow almost 20' to either side. On the front - not so much. It looks like in the front it travels only about 6-8' which is still not bad, but for some reason the design is such that it travels much farther to the sides. This isn't a major drawback at all.
The unit chowed through the thick and thin powdery snow very easily. In a couple of places and especially at end of driveway where the village idiot (i.e. the town guy who snow plows the road and piles it up thick blocking my driveway every single snow), it needed multiple passes because the guy pack piles it to about 2-3 feet. With this unit, you need to break this down from the bottom, let the snow fall down to manageable level and then plow right through.
Its not optimally designed to go under the cars, so you can't get to the areas around the cars easily. Side of cars are ok, front and back - not so much.
The wheels are pretty large and really help in pushing this unit through the snow. Its not self propelled which would've probably been even better. A couple of times I had to really push through the snow till the blades kinda sucked in the snow causing the unit to get inturn sucked into the snow like a spiral effect of sorts. But it can take some effort on hard snow.
Performance on powder snow and packed snow is not that much different. As expected, much easier on dry powdery snow than packed snow. With powdery snow, it can really expose the blacktop, with packed snow - not really. Slushy snow - still easy.

6. Misc. notes about the unit
As compared to Toro, this unit has metal blades which spin which IMO makes is better. There are lots of little touches like nice directional chute, foldable handle for storage by loosening the side bolts, little catch to loop and hold the extension cord make this unit even more attractive.
The unit is not that noisy - it makes as much noise as a fast motor like a vacuum cleaner. Not as much as gas ones or leaf blowers.
The unit has nice locked away start/stop mechanism which involves pulling out a level to start it and level retracts back into its caged slot when off. This prevents accidental starts and its not as bad as Toro where you've to hold some other button which can be painful.
The handle height can be adjusted and default one is very comfortable for most people. People very tall like over 6'2" etc. will have to bend.
The unit doesn't vibrate a lot so its easy on the arms.
Extension cords are a major pain and you need to constantly maneuver around it or do cord management. I'm thinking of buying some kind of cord management device.
The 20" width is really excellent as it cuts down on number of passes. However, best way to do it is have about 16" of new snow and 4" of overlay on area already done instead of trying to attack new section of 20" snow. This causes you to keep blacktop exposed instead of spraying thin snow back onto areas already done. You also need to take time and plan the chute direction before hand and consider any wind blowing to ensure you don't keep blowing snow back onto the areas already done. This can be a pain and take time.

I was using a $99 Toro power shovel before and this blows it out of the water in terms of ease of use, performance, price/performance ratio etc. That power shovel is only for mild snow (<2") now. This is my goto guy for everything else.

A gas one needs regular maintenance, proper oil/gas mixes, spark plugs check/replace, spews carbon based emissions which're harmful to the environment and all this for lot more than electric one. This is 21st century - we need to seriously start reducing our impact on the environment and this unit fits the bill perfectly.

7. Warranty
They say 4 year and this is double industry standard so its good.

Final Verdict = 5/5 stars.

Definitely a must buy. I even convinced my neighbor today to consider buying this unit :)

ARRAY(0x9ccf89c0)