2,607 Reviews
 (2,143)

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Dogs LOVE These and We Do Too!
Published on August 3, 2008 by J. Intlehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Check Contents First
Published 22 months ago by anzi

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Dogs LOVE These and We Do Too!, August 3, 2008
I have been feeding our dogs Greenie bones since they first came out and we have NEVER had a problem. I have German Shepards, Dobermans and medium sized hound dogs. They all love their GB's and I find that because our Dobie tends to be a "garbage belly" (meaning she'll eat anything!), so sometimes she doesn't smell as nice as she should, really benefits from the "green" in Greenie Bones. I would like to know where "E. Antic" gets his/her information from.....as I can find nothing that says they are "deadly", except for those people that haven't done responsible research (not just hearsay from some list). If your dogs are gulpers or greedy chewers, then I wouldn't feed them ANYTHING, especially RAWHIDE, that could be gulped and swallowed in large pieces or whole. Do we need to bring up "NYLABONES"????? Always be a responsible dog owner and supervise your dogs when giving any kind of treats. Please don't be afraid of Greenie Bones because of E. Antic's post. You can buy Greenie's in singles, so try one before you commit to a whole box. I have friends that have dogs that don't really like them and that's okay. My girls live for their morning GB's and I now give them Greenie "Smart Biscuits" for an afternoon snack. They love the taste and we love them for the 'benefits'!!

I respectfully request that Amazon and Amazon members make up their own minds, and not fall to the 'fear mongers' and ignorance amoung us. Always supervise your dogs when giving treats - after all, they are the animals and we are supposed to be the 'smart' ones.....don't be afraid, do your homework, it always pays!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog's Favorite- and Amazon's the Place to Get Them!, March 4, 2010
My German Shepherd is a complete Greenie addict. She knows when they're in the house. She knows which cupboard they're kept in. She knows what time of day she's supposed to get hers. Her vet compliments her on her pretty white teeth, although some of that credit definitely has to go to the fact that my husband and I brush her teeth with one of those finger-toothbrushes and kiddie toothpaste (no fluoride, so safe if she swallows it), but I do know my dog chews a Greenie at least enough to get pieces between her teeth, and at four years old, she doesn't have the kind of doggie breath that knocks you over if she breathes in your face. I do believe that some of the ingredients in Greenies help breath from within, so even if your dog inhales his or her Greenie, there's still some benefit.

My only complaint about Greenies is that they're expensive. There's no denying that. If you do the math on this tub of 17, we're talking about a dollar and forty-seven cents apiece. So I can see why that might stop some people in their tracks, and I understand. As for my dog, she's on a limited diet because she's allergic to a lot of things that are standard ingredients in a lot of dog food and dog treats. I feel like I've been a little bit trained myself, not to bat an eye at this price, and she definitely makes me at least a dollar and a half's worth of happy every day.

If you're looking at the Greenies in the 17-piece tub, considering them for purchase, though, I'm guessing your canine is also a Greenie addict, like mine. You're going to buy them anyway, and if you get the free shipping, Amazon's the place to get them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Check Contents First, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Greenies Tub-Pak Treat for Dogs, 27-Ounce, Petite (Misc.)
Half way through the supply, I noticed that there were tiny white worms boring through a greenie so I checked the remaining greenies and they also had worms. Please empty the contents of the box and check the greenies when you receive your order before giving them to your dog. This may have been an isolated incident but it would only take a few minutes to check the contents for freshness.

1.0 out of 5 stars Observe Pet Reactions to Greenies, October 16, 2012
I had good results with this product six months ago. However, a second purchase that I just opened caused all of my three dogs to vomit within minutes of eating the product. I removed other items from their diet to be sure and it did it again, instantly. I contacted the company about it and they have claimed no other problems exist(suggesting I must have tainted the product or have exposed it to an environment making the dog snacks unstable, or the company I purchased them from somehow did something to the product. Hmm: sounds troubling to me, especially from the factory.). I have seen other issues out there regarding this product, which vary. Use your own methods of making a control group, but be sure to see they have proper bowel movements and are not vomiting after you feed them the product. Secondly, Greenies.com(the Nutro Company) will not honor purchases made through unauthorized vendors. Amazon directly is an "authorized vendor". "Monster Pets" is not authorized to resell these items and only those vendors listed on their website are "authorized". They will only help you return/refund something if it was purchased through an "authorized" vendor. This now makes me leery of items purchased through "Amazon Marketplace", particularly food items. Buyer beware! Caveat emptor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love Greenies!, February 9, 2009
My dogs love them and they really help in freshening my dogs' breaths! This is the most cost-efficient pack I could find.

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure they're not expired!, December 29, 2010
I've ordered Greenies two times now and both expire within a week of receiving them. I sent the first one back and won't see my money for 4-6 weeks. Guess I have to do the same yet again. Spend the extra dollar at the grocery store to be sure they aren't going to expire before you can use them. I don't plan to feed my one dog 30 greenies before they expire on the 4th.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greenies - Catnip for dogs, January 20, 2009
C. Kinerd (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have been using Greenies for years, including the older formula that reportedly had digestion problems. However, we never have had any problems with Greenies. Just make sure you get the appropriate size for your dog. I have never seen a dog that could resist a Greenie. They will start doing tricks never seen before once you bring them into the house. They do help with their breath, teeth cleaning and training and we normally use them as "well earned" treats (they aren't the cheapest thing in the treat world). I just ordered 4, 27 oz. tubs of the Teenies (we have Papillons) and I know our dogs will enjoy every one of them. Never have to worry about our dogs getting fat eating these as we do not give them multiple times a day. The new formula reportedly has solved the digestibility problem and the manufacturer claims is now more digestible than normal dog food. In the original formula, the problem usually involved incidents when dogs just tried to swallow them whole or get it down in 2 bites. Our dogs always chewed them into small pieces avoiding any problems. Believe me, your dogs will love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars my lil' beast is crazy for greenies!!, February 15, 2010
i still worry about the rumored threat to dogs from these treats, but they have changed the formula so i am assuming all is well with them. and i am assuming since they are front and center in most pet places that they are safe. and my italian greyhound is obsessed with them. they make her (usually hideous) breath smell fresh and clean and have really made a difference in the cleanliness of her teeth. i always make sure to watch her while she's eating it, not only for her safety, but because it is freaking adorable to watch her chew on it. just a tip, these are cheaper from entirelypets from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Greenies-Dental-Chews-ounce-Teenie/dp/B001CWEC2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1266273814&sr=8-1

4.0 out of 5 stars These seem so expensive, but they work!, October 4, 2010
My dogs, the 1st day I tried these, didn't really seem to like them. Now they practically climb up me to get to them. My older dog was having trouble with tarter and bad breathe. After 2 weeks of using the treats, her teeth looked a lot better and the nasty odor was gone. The reason for the 4 stars is because of the expense, which for me is times 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORMS IN GREENIES?????, December 24, 2011
This is my second box of greenies that I have been quite pleased up until today. I pull out on greenie and found a WORM along with larvae!! This is horrible. I had this box for 3 months. I emptied the box and found about a dozen more worms and was disgusted. I couldn't believe greenies product was contaminating my dogs. The expiration date is dated 2013 so this clearly shows that there is something wrong with this product. I hope someone from the greenies department will give contact me to fix this. I will be posting these comments on every doggy treat review forum/website until I hear from someone so I know that they are trying to fix it and shows how much they value their customers and product. I don't know how long I have been feeding greenies with worms in them so my two pups will now have to go to the vet.

Greenies Tub-Pak Treat for Dogs, 27-Ounce, Petite