4.0 out of 5 stars revewing dollhouse shingles
The service I received was fantastic --it arrived sooner than expected. The quality of the product and all other dollhouse products is really pretty chintzy which extends the time it takes to assemble, but that had nothing to do with the service I received. Lonna
Published on January 6, 2012 by lonnalee

2.0 out of 5 stars A passable dollhouse shingle option for the price
I'll start this by saying I'm a small-time amateur modeler at best, and not someone whose had a lot of experience with dollhouse building materials; but I have shingled small model setups before, and know there are quality-made shingles/shakes out there to be had. These, unfortunately, are not among them.

They are usable, if you're willing to put some effort...
Published on July 15, 2010 by Robert Ragona

2.0 out of 5 stars A passable dollhouse shingle option for the price, July 15, 2010
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)

They are usable, if you're willing to put some effort into sorting through them; I myself spent about a 1/2 hour sorting through them, separating the useful ones from those that were little more than scrap. I'd say better than half the bag were irregularly cut (too short, too long, too narrow), some were little more than bits, and many were split or cracked; no small number as well were cut with rounded edges, while others were cut square (as I understand it, most should have had round edges, being fishscale?). They're extremely thin and when treated with paint or stain, tend to curl and wrinkle within moments (useful if you want an authentic, worn look, not so much if you want something straight.) My solution was wood glue and a rule clamped down tight to flatten them out! Not quite what I expected.

Overall, I'd say avoid these if you're particular about having a quality look, or simply would rather not spend time picking through them to find the good from the bad. If, on the other hand, you need a fast or rough shingled look, these are actually ideal; perfect for spooky house designs or old cabin roofs. Beyond that, I can't see much other use for them.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry but it wasn't what I was expecting it to be..., June 7, 2013
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
I ordered from two different outfits through Amazon. (each outfit only showed 1 in shock, that's why.) I was looking to finish a doll house roof top, these were going to be used to complete the shingles. The price on the Geenleaf product was almost too good to be true, it was fantastic! The item was shipped and delivered very quickly, with that I was very pleased. It even showed up faster than the other bag of shingles through the other outfit and they were ordered at the very same time. But...and I'm sorry to have to say this, I really am but the pieces were so thin that most of them were broken and the inside of the bag looked as though it actually had just shavings in it. I'm sorry but the quality just wasn't there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a lot of breakage, March 24, 2013
Cherston (Republic, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
I ordered these for a light house project I am working on. Fortunately I didn't need very many shingles. There were lots of shingles that were broken and many that need sanding or trimming. I spent lots of time sorting them and then bundled them together on their side to prevent further damage. I think that the package is the main problem which is as shown in the pictures. This allows the shingles to move around a lot and become damaged. the price was not too bad so it was fine and if you are using for a bigger project the damaged shingles could be used for areas where smaller shingles are needed. they are quite thin and I was expecting them to be a bit thicker, but they will get the job done for what I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars revewing dollhouse shingles, January 6, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Greenleaf shingles, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
Very disappointed, it was shipped in as bag threw the regular mail. When I received it over half the singles were broken and not usable. The shingles need to be cut thicker so they don't break and easier to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars SHINGLES, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
Eh, I am glad I bought two bags.
Product looks like a smashed up bag of chips.
They shingles were thinner than I assumed they would be and a I would say a good 1/4 the bag is not intact and able to use.
Wasn't impressed, unfortunately.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER AGAIN WILL I TRUST AMAZON, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
The dollhouse shingles were advertised made of birch. We'll it was more like paper and birch sawdust. The shingles were so thin they were useless. Half of the bag was nothing but wood chips and sawdust. On top of the product being awful, the delivery was unacceptable. Since I wanted to finish a project on deadline I paid an extra $12 dollars for "expedited" shipping--one or two days. The package did not arrive for almost a week. The vendor: "Stuff4.com" has not responded in almost a month when I asked for a return on this product. Never again will I trust "Stuff4.com" or Amazon for that matter. If Amazon cannot ensure quality merchandise and dependable shipping and delivery then why should I purchase their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars jGreat for bird houses and log cabin bird houses and doll houses alike!, December 9, 2014
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
My Husband uses these on bird houses and log cabin doll houses. They have really helped sell his items.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
There were many defective or broken shingles in the pack and most needed to be sanded by hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price easy to use, November 18, 2014
This review is from: Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale (Toy)
Miniature building supplies are so hard to find. Great price easy to use.

Greenleaf Dollhouse Shingles-Fishscale