5.0 out of 5 stars perfect bag, February 15, 2012
tons of pockets, tons of padding, really well made and comfortable on ressurection trail in alaska, never fatigued on this 40+ mile hike, me and my boyfriend both have gregory packs and plan on sticking with them for a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pack for a small pack, June 19, 2012
I bought the pack in 2007 for a 90 mile through-hike. I have backpacked about 500 truely rugged miles with this pack and here is my 2 cents: This is a sturdy pack with excellent padding in the waist belt and shoulder straps. Plenty of pockets and good access to inside. My pack's total weight, including 2L of water ranged between 38-53lb. I am 5' 3" and 110 pounds so I have the XS which cuts the capacity of the pack down to 57 Liters instead of 60. This is a pretty small pack...........couldn't really get my sleeping bag inside.........I have recently purchased the Deva 85 just so I can pack some crackers or bread w/o them getting mashed. I do not plan on carrying more weight but can now get my sleeping bag inside along with everything else. I usually bring a Hubba Hubba tent and could not fit that in the Deva 60.
Bottom line: it's a very well made pack, good for weekend trips or backpackers who travel super light and have nice people to do food drops, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PURCHASE EVER!!, January 30, 2013
Light weight. Very comfortable. More storage compartments that most could EVER use. Perfect neutral color. The PERFECT Bug Out Bag. You can't go wrong with this incredible item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bombproof - but rather heavy, August 15, 2013
After I bought this online, I had to take it to my local REI to get the hipbelt and harness exchanged for a different size. They had no issue exchanging without a receipt as long as the components are brand new. I purchased the previous model year (2012) from Derailed (Sierra Trading Post's sister site) with coupon for $135 plus tax and shipping, which is an incredible deal.

I upgraded to this pack from a 40L pack that I was trying to cram gear for 2 people for three days into moderately successfully. Only the tent and one sleeping bag was strapped to the outside (much to the amusement and wonder of the day-hikers zooming past us). I figured 60L would be plenty of space to fit everything I take with me. In fact I have no issue filling this bag with 2 sleeping bags; 2 pads; 2 person's worth of rain clothes, sleeping clothes, and cool weather clothes; and a three man tent (with the poles on the outside); three days worth of food for two; and 6 liters of water all inside. If you're having trouble fitting 3 season backpacking gear for one person in this bag, you might want to re-examine your gear and upgrade or pare down.

Gregory packs are overbuilt, this "flagship" version in particular. They are amazingly comfortable and very durable and built to carry heavy loads. Bombproof is what I would call it. This particular pack has tons of buckles and belts and loops and zippers and extra pockets. This is great for organization and accessibility, but not great for gram weenies. If you plan on moving to lightweight hiking, or doing more than a week of hiking at a time, you will eventually outgrow this pack because it will be too heavy, but it will still be in great shape. I personally chose it because of the durability. I can't afford to replace my backpack every couple of years and I need to carry gear for myself and my son, which with several days of food and extra water for desert hiking can frequently add up to 50 lbs. If your loads are less than 40lbs, I would choose a more lightweight pack such as the Gregory Jade or the Osprey Ariel.

Whatever pack you choose, it is vital to get one that fits properly. I needed a small frame, but medium harness and medium belt. That isn't a combination you can generally order online, so I had to be creative. When I first put this pack on it felt like it was pushing into my lower back too much. After walking around with it for a while I realized that it was transferring the weight of the pack down through my lower back and directly over my pelvic girdle and center of gravity. After I got used to this feeling I began to enjoy the enhanced stability this gave me and not mind the extra pressure on my back. This might not be good for everyone, but give it a few minutes (about 15-20) of walking around with a loaded pack to see if it grows on you too. Go to a local store to get fitted if you can and test different packs in person. The fit of a pack is almost like buying shoes. You never know if it will feel right for you until you try it on.

One additional note: When I first tried this pack on I just put a few items inside and walked around with it. It didn't feel right so I almost sent it back. After some thought I weighed what I had put in and it added up to only 18 lbs, so I put in a total of 31 lbs and tried again. This time it felt great. This pack is designed for heavy loads, so with less than 20 lbs it may not feel right to you either. Make sure and fill up with your typical load when testing the fit, as this can make a big difference in the way the load feels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this pack., June 4, 2013
This review is from: Gregory Deva 60 Technical Pack (Sports)
I am overall very satisfied with this pack. I purchased it for a 2 week trip to Europe. I bought a bag slightly bigger than I would need for the trip so I could use it on future trips that will be longer in duration. There is a great video of the pack on REI's website that shows all the feature's of the pack. I really liked that the top compartment completely detaches from the pack. It gave me the ability to use it as a day pack when walking around the cities. The only issue I had with the pack was the hip belt. Although it was super comfortable, it has a plastic frame that runs through it which doesn't allow you to put the hip belt straps around the front of the pack to make it a lower profile when putting it into an overhead bin, or in a small compartment on a train. They do have some flexibility to allow you to make them fit in a tight space, but that's about it. I tried to wrap them around to the front of the pack and thought I may break the plastic. If you aren't worried about overhead bins on many flights to your destination, this is a great bag overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 17, 2013
I have tried a couple other brands of bags in the past and this is by far the best! The straps are so much more comfortable than other bags I have tried, they don't dig into my shoulders at all. The weight is also distributed mostly to my hips which takes the strain off my back and shoulders as well which is great! No complaints about this bag so far, highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great backpack!, October 24, 2013
I just came back from my first adventure with this backpack- 5 weeks in nepal that contained two treks, one of two weeks and one of 5 days. the backpack is very comfortable and I didm't feel the weight at all. the waste band is great and it is nice to have many pockets with easy access to your stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, October 9, 2013
This is the wifes backpack we used on recent trip of hiking the Eagle Rock Loop in Arkanas. She says it is very comfortably with 30lbs of weight and loves all the the quality. Gregory packs weigh a little more but handle the weight so much better you won't notice. She fell in at a water crossing and absolutly nothing in the pack got wet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backcountry pack!!!, August 30, 2013
A.M.W. (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I spent one month backcountry camping in Lassen & Shasta. I'm thankful that I upgraded to this backpack because I was comfortable the whole time. Even those days where we walked our feet off.

The Egyptian Blue is a beautiful color!!!!

This is the BMW of backpacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars This pack realy met my expectations and the colours are even nicer face to face!!, June 23, 2013
I bought this pack for my wife and as soon as it arrive she was delighted! The colours are great the quality is superb and it suits her back great! Great little featurs and amazing quality for the straps and materials.

Rate and Discover Movies