5.0 out of 5 stars great pack for travel!, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Gregory Women's Jade 70 Backpack (Sports)
after months spent researching and trying on various backpacks, i finally settled on a gregory jade 70. i tried a gregory z55 in size small, and found that even the small was too large for my little frame (i'm 5'1, 100 pounds), so i gave the jade series a shot, as they offer an extra small size.

i decided on the jade 70 as opposed to the 50 or 60, because i like to live on the road for months at a time, and it's nice to have everything i need right on me. the pack i've been traveling with up until now is a north face 35 liter backpack. i've made it work for months of hitch hiking, but always ended up with most of my gear hanging from the outside of the pack, which isn't functional or pretty. this pack swallows up everything i could ever imagine needing while on the road, with tons of room leftover. with the compression straps, it tightens down nicely when you are carrying small loads.

the redesigned front pocket (opening from the top as opposed to down the middle like the z55 and the jade 60) is great, and i like that it has additional pockets inside for organization. the main pocket is huge, and my sleeping bag and tent only take up the lower third of the pack. the side pockets fit nalgene bottles, and the bottom straps are perfect for my sleeping pad.

the suspension is very comfortable and cool, with plenty of padding. the way it's built allows you to stand up straight while carrying heavy loads, instead of hunching over like some packs force you to do.

the only thing that bugs me a little about this pack (and any other female-geared gregory pack i've tried) is the sternum strap.. it seems to sit very high on my chest, almost to the point where it hits my neck. it still does its job, but it makes me a little claustrophobic having it so close to my throat.

all in all, though, very nice pack. i am excited to take it on the road.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for price, May 29, 2013
Besides from the color, I love everything about what this backpack offers. After a while, it starts to not bother me at all, but in fact, I started to like it. The space is incredible because I was able to fit my tent and sleeping bag along with some of my clothes. It was comfortable to wear regardless of the weight I put inside so I have nothing more to say, but I'm completely satisfied.

Update:
One of the pockets ripped after a few uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars I could easily pack everything I needed, July 16, 2014
fit perfectly and held up well for my first trip to Isle Royale national park - even in the rains! I could easily pack everything I needed, and could have probably have added more. I am very pleased with this pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anticipation is killing me, June 2, 2013
The pack has been glaring at me since I got it. It fits perfectly and I cannot wait to get out and use it!

Gregory Women's Jade 70 Backpack