Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 16, 2012
Put these to the test first thing on my food scale. They're very accurate. Mine were only 7 grams off (571/578). Which I actually calculated to a 1.2% difference. That is VERY good. Highly recommend. You're welcome for me having OCD...
on April 2, 2013
I started strong lifts about a month ago and as a female, I wasn't strong enough to move up in weight by 5lbs every time I lifted. Since my gym's plates only go down to 2.5lbs I picked these up and have successfully been able to add 2.5lbs to my lifts every session. These fit the olympic barbells at my gym perfectly.
on May 14, 2012
One of the two plates I bought wouldn't fit on any of the Olympic bars at my gym; the inside diameter was too small. I'm going to have to file away some material.

Edit: After 5-10 minutes of filing, the plate fit fine.
on March 14, 2013
The weights came exactly 7 days after I ordered them. They are a light gray color. A little too light gray so I ended up spray painting them to match my dark gray weight set. They came with an Ivanko sticker on them that said “made in china” and I peeled it off. Just like any good bodybuilder I have a food scale so I weighed them out: 1.28lbs and 1.26lbs. So you can see they aren’t exact but neither is the bar I use, I swear that thing is like a Texas bar. They fit my bar so I didn’t have to shave them or anything thank god.

I bought these plates because I’m doing 5/3/1 and adding 5lbs to my OHP every cycle will lead to quick stalling. Both Rippetoe and Wendler recommend micro loading so that’s what I plan to do.

Hope this review helps someone out there in amazon land. Total price paid: $17.95
PEACE
review image
on March 9, 2012
My new favorite piece of gym gear. Commercial gyms will typically only have 2.5lbs plates. 5lbs increases are too much after a certain point esp for things like bench press or press (though I've used these on squats and DL to good success). 2.5lbs increases are perfect. These provide that extra step and they fit easily in any gym bag. Solid construction and fits your standard bar.
on January 10, 2013
Ok. It says "Blemished". I think that means that the seller, as long as he put this in the description, can sell these items without having to worry about the claim that these "should" weigh 1.25 pounds. If you purchase these expect a variation of a pound, which is crazy if you ask me. Blemished usually denotes scratches or some other cosmetic defect. It seems the seller misleads intentionally. And since it costs more to ship back than the goods are worth and that makes it seem that the seller has a small, yet pretty good racquet going on.

So, I now have two chunks of metal with two inch holes in them that are better served as paper weights. My recommendation to anyone that is looking for fractional weights is to pay a little more money and get the real deal. Let my small experience here be your guide. Thanks.
on February 19, 2013
Not much to report. Fits all the olympic bars that I have used at the gym just fine. Product is good for making incremental gains. I imagine these will last. They'll get old and ugly as all weights do but its hard to imagine that I could destroy them. They were cheap. Get them.
on February 22, 2013
They fit all the olympic bars I've used them on.

Most gyms don't have these plates, but they are very helpful for micro-loading to allow progression on weaker lifts (OHP, bench, bent over row, etc).
on March 20, 2013
They are made of steel, fit on an Olympic barbell and the weight is accurate. Makes a great paperweight for the lazy ones, but great for small increments on lifts like the press.
on May 16, 2011
If you find yourself plateauing on some lifts that are difficult to make 5 lb jumps on(cleans, overhead press, bench press) these weights are invaluable for loading at a pace your body can handle while still making significant progress.