5.0 out of 5 stars Very Accurate
Put these to the test first thing on my food scale. They're very accurate. Mine were only 7 grams off (571/578). Which I actually calculated to a 1.2% difference. That is VERY good. Highly recommend. You're welcome for me having OCD...
Published on February 16, 2012 by Mighty Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Inside diameter too small
One of the two plates I bought wouldn't fit on any of the Olympic bars at my gym; the inside diameter was too small. I'm going to have to file away some material.

Edit: After 5-10 minutes of filing, the plate fit fine.
Published on May 14, 2012 by Charles Grayson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Accurate, February 16, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Sure, if you need em you should get em..., March 14, 2013
This review is from: 1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair) (Misc.)
The weights came exactly 7 days after I ordered them. They are a light gray color. A little too light gray so I ended up spray painting them to match my dark gray weight set. They came with an Ivanko sticker on them that said “made in china” and I peeled it off. Just like any good bodybuilder I have a food scale so I weighed them out: 1.28lbs and 1.26lbs. So you can see they aren’t exact but neither is the bar I use, I swear that thing is like a Texas bar. They fit my bar so I didn’t have to shave them or anything thank god.

I bought these plates because I’m doing 5/3/1 and adding 5lbs to my OHP every cycle will lead to quick stalling. Both Rippetoe and Wendler recommend micro loading so that’s what I plan to do.

Hope this review helps someone out there in amazon land. Total price paid: $17.95
PEACE

3.0 out of 5 stars Inside diameter too small, May 14, 2012
This review is from: 1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair) (Misc.)

Edit: After 5-10 minutes of filing, the plate fit fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, April 2, 2013
This review is from: 1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair) (Misc.)
I started strong lifts about a month ago and as a female, I wasn't strong enough to move up in weight by 5lbs every time I lifted. Since my gym's plates only go down to 2.5lbs I picked these up and have successfully been able to add 2.5lbs to my lifts every session. These fit the olympic barbells at my gym perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 9, 2012
This review is from: 1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair) (Misc.)
My new favorite piece of gym gear. Commercial gyms will typically only have 2.5lbs plates. 5lbs increases are too much after a certain point esp for things like bench press or press (though I've used these on squats and DL to good success). 2.5lbs increases are perfect. These provide that extra step and they fit easily in any gym bag. Solid construction and fits your standard bar.

2.0 out of 5 stars On less weightier matters..., January 10, 2013
Ok. It says "Blemished". I think that means that the seller, as long as he put this in the description, can sell these items without having to worry about the claim that these "should" weigh 1.25 pounds. If you purchase these expect a variation of a pound, which is crazy if you ask me. Blemished usually denotes scratches or some other cosmetic defect. It seems the seller misleads intentionally. And since it costs more to ship back than the goods are worth and that makes it seem that the seller has a small, yet pretty good racquet going on.

So, I now have two chunks of metal with two inch holes in them that are better served as paper weights. My recommendation to anyone that is looking for fractional weights is to pay a little more money and get the real deal. Let my small experience here be your guide. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary, May 16, 2011
If you find yourself plateauing on some lifts that are difficult to make 5 lb jumps on(cleans, overhead press, bench press) these weights are invaluable for loading at a pace your body can handle while still making significant progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there not to like?, March 20, 2013
This review is from: 1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair) (Misc.)
They are made of steel, fit on an Olympic barbell and the weight is accurate. Makes a great paperweight for the lazy ones, but great for small increments on lifts like the press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatively Good Plates, January 30, 2013
Shipping was fast and prompt, despite the wait time. Even though it says blemished, I hardly noticed any major cosmetic flaws. There was some paint on the inside ring that had to be filed/picked off so it would fit onto the bar. Measured on a scale, each of these weighs 21.9 oz (1.369 lbs). This means that the combined weight is 43.8 oz (2.738 lbs). Optimally, these would each weight 20 oz (1.25 lbs). With a weight of 21.9, it's off 9.5% from the optimal weight. For the price, that isn't bad. You may want to look to more expensive plates if you're looking for less margin of error. Overall, it's what I expected for the price and an economical purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!!!!, December 19, 2010
Product was exactly 1.25lbs. Arrived fast and in new condition. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a pair of 1.25lb olympic plates.

1 1/4 lb. Grey Machined Olympic Plates (Pair)
Used & New from: $39.69