Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Greyhounds Big and Small: Iggies and Greyts
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2004
I just picked this book up at my local Barnes & Noble. The photography is wonderful and if you are an Iggy parent (owner of an Italian Greyhound) you will definately appreciate the captions that go along with some of the photos. Their quirkiness comes thru brilliantly. If you are unfamiliar with the Italian Greyhound personality they are very silly little guys and gals!!

I appreciate the contrast between the Iggies and the Greyts. All around this is a greyt book that any dog lover will enjoy.
on January 19, 2005
This book is full of great pictures! Actually, I ordered it for my husband well before Christmas and to my surprise he also bought it for me as a birthday present. We love our IG and love looking at pictures of them. They are such beautiful dogs.
on March 4, 2013
Love greyhounds so was so excited to have a coffee table book with greyhounds. If the photos were better or more interesting the black and white would have shined. But they aren't great, so it sucks. Better if it would have been color - would have made up for the boring picks...Seems like they just wanted to hurry up and publish a photo book of greyhounds. Big deal.
on October 2, 2013
I have been adopted by a couple of greyhounds in the past, and among their qualities they are a beautiful animal. I own another greyhound book simply entitled "Greyhounds" by Barbara Karant. That book is larger, both in content and physical size. It is hardbound, features black and white as well as color photos on photo quality paper, and the photographer has a more creative eye as well. It sells for only $25.00 at Barnes and Noble. (Not sure what it is through Amazon.) The difference is simply night and day. After having that book this one is just okay. I purchased this book through Amazon and it came from one of their vendors. Although it was listed as new, it had obviously been around the bookstore for quite some time.
on December 17, 2013
I have iggies, so this book was all sort of "oh, yeah, I know how that works!" Beautifully photographed, this book gives us a glimpse of the large and the small of unique greyhound-ness. If you own or love them, you know what I mean by that. If you don't . . . it's a greyhound thing. :-)
on April 27, 2013
As the title of the review states, this book has amazing pictures and as an amateur photographer and happy owner of IGs I can only imagine how difficult it was to take such crisp pictures of such high energy dogs! Greyhounds are well known, but their little cousins aren't quite as common and this book provides some wonderful images of the two breeds interacting and having fun. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the book and it's a conversation starter as any good coffee table book should be. I should note that the photographer's preferred shooting style, at least for this book, is monochrome, so don't expect to see the various colors that IGs and Greyhounds can come in. However, there is something classic and elegant about monochrome photography and the photographer captures her subjects in crisp, perfect contrast. If you are a fan of either breed or are just looking for a book full of cute dogs for a coffee table or child's room, this book would make an excellent choice.
on January 6, 2012
All of the reviews (before mine) for this paperback book were from the Hardcover version when I bought it. When I originally purchased this paperback version, the reviews didn't have the notation that they were from the Hardback version.

The Hardcover version must have been 1000x better in quality than the paperback version because the photo prints are horrible. There is no detail. The art of the photographs is good, but the print quality looks like it was printed using a 1990 HP Laserjet printer (if you ever tried to print a photo from one of those, you know what I mean).

Although it was quite cheap, it wasn't worth $1. Don't bother buying it (paperback).
on February 19, 2010
This photography collection makes a perfect gift for any Italian greyhound owner or fan. It's the perfect size for a coffee table book, and features some really beautiful photography of different Italian greyhounds along with cute captions. I'm not exactly an Italian greyhound aficionado -- I bought this as a gift for my mom, who owns and loves them--but even I was impressed with the quality of these photos. It's an entertaining book to pick up and flip through every now and then to see some very professional, rather cute pictures of this interesting breed. A must-have for any IG fan, and a great gift!
on March 19, 2009
I bought this book for my daughter after reading the reviews at the
Amazon site. I have not seen this book as it was a gift and I had it
sent directly to her. She absolutely loved it and has it displayed on
a cocktail table in her family room. She has two of these beautiful
ex-racing greyhounds so I knew she'd love this book. The reviews that were provided on line were very helpful in making my choice. I also
perchased another hardcover book about greyhounds and it was also sent
as a gift and it also was a big hit with my daughter.
Thanks you, a very satisfied customer.
on June 21, 2009
We are a family of greyhound owners with friends of greyhound owners. Sharing this book as gifts to them is a wonderful way to show our appreciation of these wonderful animals. The book is excellent, it was in like new condition, and arrived on-time.