4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back, Grey's.
I've been a follower of this show since the very beginning, and it's definitely had its ups and downs. Seasons 4 and 5 weren't my favourites, but Season 6 was MUCH more like the Grey's I'd come to know and love. I actually cared about what was happening. Can't wait for next year!
Published on August 20, 2010 by Manda

1.0 out of 5 stars Very upset this is no longer available to stream on Prime
I had watched up to Season 6, Episode 2. When I called Amazon upon realizing it no longer available for streaming, I was told that the contract ran out from the network to stream it. First of all, that is b.s. Private Practice (also ABC) is available to stream. Also, we should have been notified of this change. We get emails about everything else.
Published 6 months ago by Mary Hines Dorsey

1.0 out of 5 stars Very upset this is no longer available to stream on Prime, January 7, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back, Grey's., August 20, 2010
Manda (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Loved Medical Drama, July 8, 2010
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
Grey's Anatomy is NOT for the faint of heart. The characters get under your skin and become family. Watching them grow and evolve is like watching your own family grow and evolve. This season was incredible, and I highly recommend it to anyone interesting in some incredible storyline and great acting. Especially the finale... you won't be able to stop talking about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Season, Amazing Finale!, September 14, 2010
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
I have been watching Grey's since the beginning, and there are some awesome episodes. But nothing compares to the finale last season. It is one gripping two hours of television that you don't want to miss out on. The season overall is good, and has it's definite highlights; but nothing compares to the season 6 finale. Spoilers ahead...
The season starts with George's death, and later in the season Izzie leaves. It feels somewhat strange at first, but George was in so little of last season I honestly didn't notice his departure as much as Izzie's. We are introduced to some new doctors as the merger happens. They are probably the only thing I didn't like about this season, as I found most of the annoying, with the exception of Dr. Avery. Alex deals with the loss of Izzie and their impending divorce, Christina and Owen have a relationship hurdle to jump over, Callie and Arizona have a 'baby' of a problem, Derek becomes the new chief and all the hardships that come with that, a blast from the past comes back to haunt the Chief, Bailey gets some love action, Lexie and Mark part ways, Meredith deals with her father and a very significant loss. If that isn't enough to entice you, then the finale should be. A gunman is loose in the hospital and no one is safe. Literally every moment has you on the edge of your seat and in a perpetual state of shock. Some don't make it out alive, and others will never be the same. When I watched it live I could hardly wait for the commercial breaks to be over. I never thought any episode would be better that the season 2 finale, but this episode makes that one look like a filler episode. Overall this was a great season with a season finale to 'die' for! Don't miss the season 7 premiere September 23rd!

5.0 out of 5 stars greys anatamy, March 5, 2011
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
I was happy with my item and the season was great can't wait til season seven comes out. I love this show very much and i was happy with the person that sold it to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when I was about to throw in the towel, the writers listened to the fans and gave us an awesome season of "Grey's Anatomy"!, September 24, 2010
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
In 2005, "Grey's Anatomy" became a critically acclaimed television series that would become ABC's top rated dramas and winner of two Emmy and Golden Globe Awards.

Created by Shonda Rhimes ("Private Practice"), the drama series revolves around a group of interns and their experience at Seattle Grace Hospital. As well, as a few of the other doctors of the hospital. Throughout the first five seasons, we see these interns become residents and experience relationship problems and also the stress and challenges they face as resident doctors. The last season was a bit more dramatic as love was lost, love was found and we saw one of the main characters battling cancer, while another dies in a tragic accident.

Season six features a merger between Seattle Grace and Mercy West and this season introduces us to new doctors and characters who will have an impact on the current main characters.

NOTE: On "Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season", there is an extended episode of the season finale "Episode 126 - Death and All His Friends".

VIDEO:

"Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season" is presented in Widescreen (1:78:1) - Enhanced for 16×9 televisions. When it comes to television drama series, "Grey's Anatomy" is one of ABC's highly rated dramas that although filmed in a hospital setting. The cinematography for the final episode was excellent. For the most part, the series looks good on DVD, nice good closeups and skintones are natural and during low light scenes, I didn't see any major noise or compression artifacts. For the most part, the fifth season does look very good on DVD.

It's important to note that since the release of the fifth season of "Grey's Anatomy", that season received a Blu-ray release and more than likely, there will be a Blu-ray release for this sixth season. For those who want better picture quality and lossless audio, I recommend the Blu-ray release.

AUDIO:

As for audio, the series is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and the series is primarily dialogue and music driven. Dialogue is clear and understandable, while the music has always played a major part for the series and definitely enhances certain scenes. I did notice more surround usage in the final two episodes. From the sirens, gun shots, crowd ambiance being utilized through the surround channels.

The show is presented in English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

"Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season" includes the following special features:

DISC 4:

* Seattle Grace: On Call - Featuring all six web episodes of "Seattle Grace: On Call" (about five minutes long for each web episode) that were shown on abc.com. A short series featuring a documentary on the interns Steve, Megan, Ryan, Pierce and Graciella at Seattle Grace and a few of the new residents (Reed and Charles) that transferred to Seattle Grace from Mercy West Hospital and Dr. Owen Hunt all hanging out at the local bar hangout with Joe the Bartender.
* The Making of Seattle Grace: On Call - (2:30) Featuring the making of "Seattle Grace: On Call" and interviews with the cast and crew.

DISC 5:

* Chandra Wilson: Anatomy of a Talent - (13:11) Chandra Wilson (who plays Dr. Miranda Bailey) is the first of the main talent to direct episodes for the show. The show creators and talent, including Chandra Wilson talks about how she became a director and certain parts of the episodes that she directed.
* Dissecting Grey's Anatomy: Unaired Scenes - The following are a total of nine deleted scenes from various episodes.
* In Stitches: Outtakes - (2:13) Outtakes from the sixth season of "Grey's Anatomy".
* Extended Scenes - Extended scenes for "The Time Warp", "Nervous Callie" and "Sad State of Affairs".

''DISC 6:

* Extended episode of "Episode 126 - Death and All His Friends" - (Duration for this extended episode is 1:01:16, the original episode is 42:58) This extended episode features more dialogue, especially the scenes that include Dr. Webber, especially an extended scene with Lexie, Dr. Altman and Dr. Sloan with Dr. Karev in an ambulance, emotional scenes with Lexie and Dr. Sloan and additional scenes that include the police.

EXTRAS:

"Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season" comes with a slip case.

JUDGMENT CALL:

I admit that I was critical and harsh of the fifth season of "Grey's Anatomy" and just felt the show was heading downhill through the first half and the season managed to pick up during the second half. So much was focused on the problems on the set with Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight. And eventually, we know how things have ended up in the season finale.

With last season focusing on Izzie's cancer, her relationship with Alex and problems in the relationship between Meredith and Derek and dealing with Callie and Lexie's personal issues... I felt that with the sixth season "Grey's Anatomy" is desperately needing to step things up with the writing as I have felt needed to interject some new blood, new energy before the storylines focusing on these characters becomes overly stale.

And sure enough, the writers have achieved that with the sixth season. The merger between Seattle Grace and Mercy West was probably the best thing to happen with this show because we have new characters. Also, we have stories focusing on Derek and Richard's troubles, we get to see more of Arizona (especially Arizona and Callie), the introduction of Teddy and most importantly, the introduction to the new residents coming from Mercy West. These four characters have brought some new life to the series and I was really rooting for them because I can see potential storylines that can come from these new characters. I felt "Grey's Anatomy" had new energy, new life and I'm stoked about the series all over again.

That was until the shocking season finale.

All I can say is... "Wow!". Although we have seen a similar type of storyline on "ER" several years ago, it's a big gamble as you don't know who is going to be killed off. But suffice to say, this season finale was a major success and the writer's have crafted one of the most impressive season finale's in a drama series within the last decade. A fantastic way to end the season and at the same time, a bit bittersweet as some characters that may have grown on us will not be back due to the tragic season finale.

Needless to say, "Grey's Anatomy" writers really did a fantastic job with this season. I felt the fifth season, although good, was in somewhat of a slump and I have to admit, the season opener of the sixth season, wasn't all that great either. But as the episodes progressed and seeing how these newer characters were integrated into show, I definitely saw the potential, almost like "Grey's Anatomy" reborn and seeing its greatness return to television.

As for this DVD set, there are a good amount of special features including the web episodes of "Seattle Grace: On Call", deleted scenes, a featurette on Chandra Wilson as a director and the extended episode of the season finale.

With that being said, there's not much I can say badly about "Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season". It was well conceived this season, the acting was very well-done (and I can understand some hardcore fans feeling that their original characters were not utilized as much as previous seasons but with more characters, the series needed new energy and these newer characters provided that) and overall, it was a solid season that literally ended with a bang.

If you are a fan of the series, "Grey's Anatomy - Complete Sixth Season" is definitely recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb season, September 19, 2010
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
In all honesty, the very first episode of this season made me very un-sure how to feel. I was so shocked by what had transpired that I had to convince myself to stick around. Oh gosh, am I glad I did. What an amazing season. The characters have developed so immensely and it is incredibly entertaining to watch. Not to mention, the actors were spot on in their characterizations. Such excellent acting this season. The story lines were interesting, engaging, and really heart wrenching at times.
The season finale was the most intense two-hour television event I had ever watched. The entire time I was on the edge of my seat. I showed it to some people who absolutely loathed the series, and they ended up changing their minds.
This is a must have for anyone who enjoys down right good television.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Finale of 2010, June 24, 2010
This review is from: Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 (DVD)
I've watched the whole season on tv and it was just a typical grey's anatomy season. More drama and comedy between the characters, but I see that they have grown a lot since season 1. The only episode that I loved the most was the finale - It was very well acted and intensifying. It was very overwhelming the whole time and I highly recommend that everyone watches it - even the non-grey's fan. Very powerful and moving, and very sucessful. Can't wait for the next season.

This is a good addition to your grey's anatomy collection and I recommend that you buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Upset, January 7, 2014
I am very upset that this is no longer available for streaming. I was in the middle of Season 6 and now cannot watch it. Not happy at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, September 10, 2013
When this series originally was on television, I was in a time of life where I just did not have time to watch these shows. Now in retirement have time to find out what all of the fuss was about. And am puzzled. Grey's Anatomy, is it about a hospital or a highschool? Being old and having a lot of experience in these matters, I must say that this series is a serious slap in the face to all of the people in the medical profession. I realize the paycheck is important, but a lot of the main characters must have had a hard time to keep from gagging when asked to say some of their lines. Have called a halt in the middle of the 6th installment as just cannot take any more creepiness. So much disrespect for the people saving lives every day. Am glad I did check it out though, as it has made me better informed about the entertainment media and what they are up to. Which ultimately is the crushing of our country and way of life.

Grey's Anatomy: Season 6
Grey's Anatomy: Season 6 by Ellen Pompeo (DVD - 2010)
$39.99 $20.00