Most helpful positive review
267 of 278 people found the following review helpful
Excellent free logic puzzle series from Amazon Services.
on September 22, 2011
A classic logic puzzle gives a list of clues, from which you much make a deduction. One of the best known is the "Who is the Engineer?" puzzle.
On a train, Smith, Robinson, and Jones are the fireman, brakeman, and the engineer, but NOT respectively. Also aboard the train are three businessmen who have the same names: a Mr. Smith, a Mr. Robinson, and a Mr. Jones.
1. Mr. Robinson Lives in Detroit.
2. The brakeman lives exactly halfway between Chicago and Detroit
3. Mr. Jones earns exactly $20,000 per year.
4. The brakeman's nearest neighbor, one of the passengers, earns exactly three times as much as the brakeman.
5. Smith beats the fireman in billiards.
6. The passenger whose name is the same as the brakeman's lives in Chicago.
Grid Detective would classify this one as Easy. In 30 excellent puzzles, a Gridwork is given with the relevant names, wages, colors, cities, or hobbies, and the cursor can mark X or O on the various squares to make deductions.
A trainer puzzle is given at the start. After that, there are 10 Easy, 10 Moderate, and 10 Hard puzzles.